Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

India-Forums

Another Similarity Arnav/Khushi (Page 5)

serialjunkie IF-Sizzlerz
serialjunkie
serialjunkie

Posted: 19 December 2011 at 12:28pm | IP Logged
you know his rash decisions leave so many hurt in its wake. so its hard for his family to sympathize with him. Its not that they dont love him, but he comes across and impulsive with a mind of his own. He does not offer anything to the family by way of an explanation. The family is left hung out to dry and they dont know whether to sympathize with him or scold him for yet another seemingly rash and illogical decision.

I know, family is your haven where you can be yourself and be accepted for who you are. Arnav flouts the rules set by nani, however strict or conservative those rules may be, and nani finds it insensitive of him to flout it at this particular juncture. So she has no sympathies for him.

But yeah, i would have expected KKG to implore him and find out his true reasons instead of crucifying him first. Perhaps, she will try to understand his reasons more tomorrow (by the symbolic poolside that has seen more than its share of passion!!!)

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

spsharmilabfunofbb123Infofan

bfunofbb123 IF-Dazzler
bfunofbb123
bfunofbb123

Posted: 19 December 2011 at 4:16pm | IP Logged
so true dear how similar they r when when ccreeps truth came out kushi was hurt as she was the one eng. to him but they all were focusing on payal & now instead arnav as well the fam. focusing on laDisapprove u can't help but feel 4 this 2 soul i hope they find their happiness with each other & in good & bad support each other i don't want no misunderstanding b/n them now & tomorrow i hope we get full of arhi scenes we deserve it after all the wait!Tongue
sidhu285 IF-Rockerz
sidhu285
sidhu285

Posted: 19 December 2011 at 5:52pm | IP Logged

nice post ...very well said...so true we all feel the pain for female but when it comes to male character we don't think same ...but we all know he was in same pain as Lavanya was..

surenkal Goldie
surenkal
surenkal

Posted: 19 December 2011 at 8:26pm | IP Logged
agree.. also marriage should be a private decision between 2 people. family is secondary in this
i liked what he said... if i had married her  and then realized it was wrong would you have stood by me if i wanted to break this up
manjha IF-Rockerz
manjha
manjha

Posted: 19 December 2011 at 8:30pm | IP Logged
OMG that's so true. Gosh ArHi can really understand each others situations the best in the worst times eh? Awesome post Big smile
mandy0310 Channel Moderator
mandy0310
mandy0310

Posted: 19 December 2011 at 8:30pm | IP Logged
Great post!! I didn't even think about that, no one bothered to ask Arnav how he felt or what really happened they immediately assumed the worst of him. Khushi went through a similar ordeal when her mother showed just how selfish she is thinking of one daughter's happiness over the other. Its quite sad that two people who would sacrifice everything in a heartbeat for their loved ones don't show the same ounce of respect for them.
HeadOverHeels Goldie
HeadOverHeels
HeadOverHeels

Posted: 19 December 2011 at 8:46pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by bidz

Originally posted by napstermonster

You guys have no idea how hard it is for me to post a shake of the head in response to something HeadOverHeels AND momma1128 are agreed on, but I seem to be in a contrary mood today.

I think almost all of ASR's hurts are self inflicted, in most cases the hurt comes from a painful past, but right now I don't feel that he deserves my sympathy, not this time. What has he lost, really? A woman he does not love, while the one he's crazy about just joined his extended family. How is he inconvenienced? La is leaving him in the smoothest way possible under the circumstances, this is the cleanest breakup I've ever seen in my life.

Why is he feeling guilty? Because until a day ago didn't he even clearly see his girlfriend as an person deserving of his consideration, and NOT deserving of his indifference and manipulations. When he realized this, he cut things off with her, and then comforted her for breaking his heart.

He has been mentally cheating on La since Khushi fell into his arms, because throughout their interactions, he has never not been La's boyfriend. He is feeling uncomfortable, guilty, stressed. Even regretful. He is of course, doing the right thing, in caring about the effects of this devastation on a girl who's done him no wrong, and who is giving him his freedom. 

But he is not losing someone he is in love with, nor watching someone he loves announce to the world the demise of their relationship. He is getting his way, again, he is free again from the bonds he himself created, and there are no consequences for him to face, again.

There never seems to be any consequences for him, the only thing that boomerangs back on him in the form of regret is in anything that involves Khushi. Nani was right, in saying his actions reverberate on everyone, but he does not see this to be true, not even now, when his family is devastated by also losing anew member, who they've come to accept and like for HIS sake. The whispers, Anjali's despair, even the taunts Nani and Mamiji will deal with-. He doesn't worry about it.

The family should not be stroking him on the back, asking him if he's okay, because he made this decision, and the person they should be feeling bad for is the puppet who's strings the entire clan all took a turn at yanking - Lavaniya. If they indulge this man further,  by running after him with arms wide open, it would be a slap across the face of the person he's hurt, and who deserves their indignation right now. He should NOT be "thik" right now. And sympathy is out of place when you have been unsympathetic to everyone else but self indulgent to yourself.

Head over heals, I think the above post coherently makes the points I want to say. I do agree that no one should have to live their lives per others expectations. Somehow I feel that Arnav has always lived the way he has wanted. He has always indulged himself. Even today, the family accepted his decision. However, in Khushi's case she was forced etc...So, I do sympathize with Khushi. Don't get me wrong. I love ASR's character. Like others I am obsessed with him. But sympathy from family members just because he decides not to use LA anymore? That doesn't sit with me. I agree that the family should have tried to understand him and his feelings towards LA. They are all blind. That I will give, but from their point of view they have accepted LA in his life, considered her a part of their family, so they are heart broken as well for losing her. So, I think in this context anger is justified. As nani said his decision affects everyone in the family.

I get your point on how this decision will impact them, since there is some fondness shown towards La from the family, and of course they are hurt that she is leaving. You're right about that, and it didn't strike me at the time. But, I really hope it's because of his overall attitude towards the engagement which has annoyed them, and not the fact that he has called it off, or has wronged La by breaking it off kwim? Oh well, we can wait and see what happens. I just see how KKG/ASR are very similar in many ways, although the choices etc. they make are worlds apart. It's still early, and I need more coffee to get this brain to function. LOL

Thank you everyone for the great discussion. It's nice to see difference of opinion actually discussed like this for a change.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

music1

Angels11 IF-Rockerz
Angels11
Angels11

Posted: 20 December 2011 at 1:22am | IP Logged
Originally posted by HeadOverHeels

Strange huh? How his entire family (with the exception of Akaash) did not once focus on how this must feel for him, whether he's also suffering in some way, or anything like that. They were angry with him, and gave the impression that they would have been fine if he'd suddenly said "Oh hell, I don't love her, but you guys still want me to marry her? Fine, I'll do it." 

Why do we never focus on males and how they must feel? - And, before you all jump down my throat saying he called this upon himself, keep in mind that his family still insisted on him marrying a girl they were pretty sure was brought home to just make a point.

We all felt sorry for Khushi being forced to get engaged to a man she didn't love, but ASR, while not exactly in the same position, was also kind of pressured to marry (before La came to live there). In fact he had more thrown on him with Nani's "law" that Akaash would not be allowed to marry if ASR didn't marry first.

He and Khushi have much more in common than just being orphans.. Their families don't really care for their happiness, they just expect them to do what they're told, so that nothing negative affects the family, as if their actions and theirs alone make all the difference. 

Very much appreciating today, what males also go through in traditional families. And, feeling bad that no one, bothered to ask ASR ki "Tum theek ho?" Unhappy

I am in two minds. I almost hit the LIKE button before stopping. if u pause & think frm others' perspective ASR doesnt deserve sympathy coz all these r a consequence of his own actions. In Kushi's case she was never interested in Shyam & it was only the so-called family of hers which forced her into an engagement & even wen Shyam's truth came out no1 bothered 2 spare a though 4 her & no1 even asked her if she was ok/fine. But in Arnav's case he was the 1 who bulldozed every1 in his family into allowing LA inside RM. Next he was the 1 who announced that he was ready 2 marry her & finally he was the 1 who was adamant on the engagement just 2 b 1 up on Kushi. Silly kiddish behavior. All this while they were going on dancing 2 his tunes accepting (albeit grudgingly) all his decisions. But now this is the last straw. Again on the day of the engagement announcing their breakup wen all the guests ve arrived. And refusing 2 even explain or give footnotes. This is just 2 much. How can he expect sympathy frm them. In fact they were extremely restrained in their reaction. if i had been in nani's position i w'd ve given him a tight slap!

In my opinion only LA deserves sympathy. Acc 2 her ASR came 2 get her back aft the bridal dress fiasco. she dint know that once again that nitwit KKG had meddled in their personal lives.

In fact all this mess is coz of ASR who is totally clueless wen it comes 2 his personal life & KKG who just cant stop meddling with the personal life of others b it ASR, LA or Anjali.

Go to top