Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

India-Forums

Another Similarity Arnav/Khushi (Page 4)

KunwaariDaayan IF-Stunnerz
KunwaariDaayan
KunwaariDaayan

Posted: 19 December 2011 at 11:11am | IP Logged
So true...felt so bad for ASR but he couldn't get himself to tell them that he doesn't love La as there is the fear that someone might turn round and say...well you don't believe in love anyway...

serialjunkie IF-Sizzlerz
serialjunkie
serialjunkie

Posted: 19 December 2011 at 11:18am | IP Logged
Sigh! and how come Khushi didn't feel anything for him either? I suppose we will find out tomorrow by the poolside.
minimuffin86 IF-Dazzler

Posted: 19 December 2011 at 11:25am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Imziserialjunkie

sweetygirl28 IF-Sizzlerz
sweetygirl28
sweetygirl28

Posted: 19 December 2011 at 11:32am | IP Logged
So true.. They both couldnt get the love they truly deserved not even from their family.. OMG!!!

I hope atleast La realising and asked him not to be guilty for breaking up is something appreciable.. thus not further putting the guilt trash over him and making him more miserable..

Poor ASR.. i ask u today ASR tum theek to ho??? Cry
princessunara IF-Stunnerz
princessunara
princessunara

Posted: 19 December 2011 at 11:43am | IP Logged
oh wow! di i was about to make a topic on this fact! that everyone simply deserted him..and Akash was a good brother, he patted his shoulder waited behind for a moment and then only went to do what was expected of him...also Akash explicitly expressed his concern in his words of 'bhai yaha aakpi rishte toote hai...'.

if u ever read the FF His Gardening , her Jalebi by Bristy u would have seen her totally characterizing this aspect about them, specially him..
that he was only expected to give, not expect anything in return..how he was expected to always hide his pain, went his pain through anger and everyone simply keeps out of his way instead of ever consoling him or emotionally supporting him!
they r certainly the backbones of both families..and everyone take them for granted..expects them to have a solution ready for every problem..expects them to hide their pain or rather it is almost as if they don't even have the freedom to feel hurt or pain!

n i guess about the male's pain being overlooked..i think this is the first serial where we can clearly throw away the age old conventional crap of boys don't cry and such and actually dwell in to these dimensions of his character..

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

spsharmilabfunofbb123Imzi

PohaJalebi. IF-Rockerz

Posted: 19 December 2011 at 11:51am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.
princessunara IF-Stunnerz
princessunara
princessunara

Posted: 19 December 2011 at 11:51am | IP Logged
Originally posted by bidz

Originally posted by napstermonster

You guys have no idea how hard it is for me to post a shake of the head in response to something HeadOverHeels AND momma1128 are agreed on, but I seem to be in a contrary mood today.

I think almost all of ASR's hurts are self inflicted, in most cases the hurt comes from a painful past, but right now I don't feel that he deserves my sympathy, not this time. What has he lost, really? A woman he does not love, while the one he's crazy about just joined his extended family. How is he inconvenienced? La is leaving him in the smoothest way possible under the circumstances, this is the cleanest breakup I've ever seen in my life.

Why is he feeling guilty? Because until a day ago didn't he even clearly see his girlfriend as an person deserving of his consideration, and NOT deserving of his indifference and manipulations. When he realized this, he cut things off with her, and then comforted her for breaking his heart.

He has been mentally cheating on La since Khushi fell into his arms, because throughout their interactions, he has never not been La's boyfriend. He is feeling uncomfortable, guilty, stressed. Even regretful. He is of course, doing the right thing, in caring about the effects of this devastation on a girl who's done him no wrong, and who is giving him his freedom. 

But he is not losing someone he is in love with, nor watching someone he loves announce to the world the demise of their relationship. He is getting his way, again, he is free again from the bonds he himself created, and there are no consequences for him to face, again.

There never seems to be any consequences for him, the only thing that boomerangs back on him in the form of regret is in anything that involves Khushi. Nani was right, in saying his actions reverberate on everyone, but he does not see this to be true, not even now, when his family is devastated by also losing anew member, who they've come to accept and like for HIS sake. The whispers, Anjali's despair, even the taunts Nani and Mamiji will deal with-. He doesn't worry about it.

The family should not be stroking him on the back, asking him if he's okay, because he made this decision, and the person they should be feeling bad for is the puppet who's strings the entire clan all took a turn at yanking - Lavaniya. If they indulge this man further,  by running after him with arms wide open, it would be a slap across the face of the person he's hurt, and who deserves their indignation right now. He should NOT be "thik" right now. And sympathy is out of place when you have been unsympathetic to everyone else but self indulgent to yourself.

Head over heals, I think the above post coherently makes the points I want to say. I do agree that no one should have to live their lives per others expectations. Somehow I feel that Arnav has always lived the way he has wanted. He has always indulged himself. Even today, the family accepted his decision. However, in Khushi's case she was forced etc...So, I do sympathize with Khushi. Don't get me wrong. I love ASR's character. Like others I am obsessed with him. But sympathy from family members just because he decides not to use LA anymore? That doesn't sit with me. I agree that the family should have tried to understand him and his feelings towards LA. They are all blind. That I will give, but from their point of view they have accepted LA in his life, considered her a part of their family, so they are heart broken as well for losing her. So, I think in this context anger is justified. As nani said his decision affects everyone in the family.

oh i don't think u guys got what this topic is about..it is not whether he deserves to be sympathized or not..it is simply the thoughtlessness of his family towards him..

he was a jerk cz he used La to hurt khushi and led her own finally breaking the hearts of both girls..
BUT the fact here is NO1 in his stupid family knows anything about what happened!! AND yet they do not spare their grandson/nephew/brother even one reprieve! they simply castigate him and no sympathy/empathy anything for him..

it is almost as if they consider him to be a stone who doesn't feel hurt..they r his family for gods sake...just because he doesn't wear his heart on his sleave they of all people should know he is a human being after all!! they just consider him to be their ATM machine and nothing else..he doesn't get an iota of emotional support from any of them!

LOOK AT THIS SITUATION forgetting about Khushi & La and only as from his family and him..then u'll feel hw unfair they r to him..

it was most evident last friday when Khushi gave him the gift he was incredulous cz for a long time people have only taken fromhim, expected things from him..never given him anything back..he was only supposed to give and not expect anything in return..

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

bfunofbb123sunflower52Imzi

shybabe IF-Sizzlerz
shybabe
shybabe

Posted: 19 December 2011 at 11:54am | IP Logged
Originally posted by momma1128

Anne, you need to stop living in my brain.

I just wrote about this elsewhere.  ASR never ever lets on about what he is feeling and so, his family and others just never ask.  They assume the worst and so does KKG.

They all feel he must have done something.  He is the bad guy, when in reality he did a painful, but noble thing by ending it with La and stopping leading her on.

As we know, ASR's feelings are his to deal with and what he does is never because someone else expects a particular reaction from him and never on display because of his fear of appearing weak/vulnerable.  He does acts of kindness because his conscience tells him too.  He's alone in his kindness and he's alone in his rage and  pain.

well said...both of youClap

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

momma1128

Go to top