Frequent Posters

.Saraa. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 12 years ago
true..similarity for arhi..agree on that.y they did so
HeadOverHeels thumbnail

Originally posted by: bidz

That is because it was his decision to get LA to RM to live in. It was his decision to get engaged. And finally, it was his decision to get married to her (on diwali day). It is pretty clear that he does what he wants to in this house. I think the anger is justified by the family members.

I'm sorry, but I already pointed that out. What I was referring to was his family's complete lack of concern for him, the same as Khushi's was with her. They INSIST their son and daughter do the right thing, never taking their feelings into consideration. Nani from the start demanded that he marry, even though he made it clear it was not what he wanted. She never bothered listening to him. And, I disagree that their anger is justified. There is no justification for getting angry when someone wishes to live their own life, and not conform to what is demanded of them.
Edited by HeadOverHeels - 12 years ago
sunflower52 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
You just read my mind, I was also thinking the same thing. 

ASR was pressurized from the start, when Nani found out about him and Lavanya's casual relationship.

When a person is cornered from all sides. they tend to make wrong decisions. This is exactly what ASR did, by bringing La to RM.

When he finally broke off, then KKG being stubborn cornered him again and made him bring La back. This decision of KKG I did not agree with.

No one is bothered about ASR feelings. Just because he does not show that does not mean it not there.

In this I blame his family and KKG as well. Instead of getting angry at him and blaming him, they should ask nicely why he decided not to get engage to La. 

No one seems to understand him. At least Payal understood Khushi, here Anjali can not even see how much her brother has suffered and is still suffering.

napstermonster thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 7
You guys have no idea how hard it is for me to post a shake of the head in response to something HeadOverHeels AND momma1128 are agreed on, but I seem to be in a contrary mood today.

I think almost all of ASR's hurts are self inflicted, in most cases the hurt comes from a painful past, but right now I don't feel that he deserves my sympathy, not this time. What has he lost, really? A woman he does not love, while the one he's crazy about just joined his extended family. How is he inconvenienced? La is leaving him in the smoothest way possible under the circumstances, this is the cleanest breakup I've ever seen in my life.

Why is he feeling guilty? Because until a day ago didn't he even clearly see his girlfriend as an person deserving of his consideration, and NOT deserving of his indifference and manipulations. When he realized this, he cut things off with her, and then comforted her for breaking his heart.

He has been mentally cheating on La since Khushi fell into his arms, because throughout their interactions, he has never not been La's boyfriend. He is feeling uncomfortable, guilty, stressed. Even regretful. He is of course, doing the right thing, in caring about the effects of this devastation on a girl who's done him no wrong, and who is giving him his freedom. 

But he is not losing someone he is in love with, nor watching someone he loves announce to the world the demise of their relationship. He is getting his way, again, he is free again from the bonds he himself created, and there are no consequences for him to face, again.

There never seems to be any consequences for him, the only thing that boomerangs back on him in the form of regret is in anything that involves Khushi. Nani was right, in saying his actions reverberate on everyone, but he does not see this to be true, not even now, when his family is devastated by also losing anew member, who they've come to accept and like for HIS sake. The whispers, Anjali's despair, even the taunts Nani and Mamiji will deal with-. He doesn't worry about it.

The family should not be stroking him on the back, asking him if he's okay, because he made this decision, and the person they should be feeling bad for is the puppet who's strings the entire clan all took a turn at yanking - Lavaniya. If they indulge this man further,  by running after him with arms wide open, it would be a slap across the face of the person he's hurt, and who deserves their indignation right now. He should NOT be "thik" right now. And sympathy is out of place when you have been unsympathetic to everyone else but self indulgent to yourself.

Edited by napstermonster - 12 years ago
HeadOverHeels thumbnail

Originally posted by: sunflower52

You just read my mind, I was also thinking the same thing. 

ASR was pressurized from the start, when Nani found out about him and Lavanya's casual relationship.

When a person is cornered from all sides. they tend to make wrong decisions. This is exactly what ASR did, by bringing La to RM.

When he finally broke off, then KKG being stubborn cornered him again and made him bring La back. This decision of KKG I did not agree with.

No one is bothered about ASR feelings. Just because he does not show that does not mean it not there.

In this I blame his family and KKG as well. Instead of getting angry at him and blaming him, they should ask nicely why he decided not to get engage to La. 

No one seems to understand him. At least Payal understood Khushi, here Anjali can not even see how much her brother has suffered and is still suffering.

Great post! πŸ‘
sunflower52 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

Thanks, I know how it feels when you are pressurized by your family for doing something you are not ready, that is why La also did not blame him in the end because deep down she even knew that ASR was not ready to get married. 
HeadOverHeels thumbnail

Originally posted by: napstermonster

You guys have no idea how hard it is for me to post a shake of the head in response to something HeadOverHeels AND momma1128 are agreed on, but I seem to be in a contrary mood today.

I think almost all of ASR's hurts are self inflicted, in most cases the hurt comes from a painful past, but right now I don't feel that he deserves my sympathy, not this time. What has he lost, really? A woman he does not love, while the one he's crazy about just joined his extended family. How is he inconvenienced? La is leaving him in the smoothest way possible under the circumstances, this is the cleanest breakup I've ever seen in my life.

Why is he feeling guilty? Because until a day ago didn't he even clearly see his girlfriend as an person deserving of his consideration, and NOT deserving of his indifference and manipulations. When he realized this, he cut things off with her, and then comforted her for breaking his heart.

He has been mentally cheating on La since Khushi fell into his arms, because throughout their interactions, he has never not been La's boyfriend. He is feeling uncomfortable, guilty, stressed. Even regretful. He is of course, doing the right thing, in caring about the effects of this devastation on a girl who's done him no wrong, and who is giving him his freedom. 

But he is not losing someone he is in love with, nor watching someone he loves announce to the world the demise of their relationship. He is getting his way, again, he is free again from the bonds he himself created, and there are no consequences for him to face, again.

There never seems to be any consequences for him, the only thing that boomerangs back on him in the form of regret is in anything that involves Khushi. Nani was right, in saying his actions reverberate on everyone, but he does not see this to be true, not even now, when his family is devastated by also losing anew member, who they've come to accept and like for HIS sake. The whispers, Anjali's despair, even the taunts Nani and Mamiji will deal with-. He doesn't worry about it.

The family should not be stroking him on the back, asking him if he's okay, because he made this decision, and the person they should be feeling bad for is the puppet who's strings the entire clan all took a turn at yanking - Lavaniya. If they indulge this man further,  by running after him with arms wide open, it would be a slap across the face of the person he's hurt, and who deserves their indignation right now. He should NOT be "thik" right now. And sympathy is out of place when you have been unsympathetic to everyone else but self indulgent to yourself.

Ah my love, I dreaded this day would one day come. πŸ˜‰

Not disagreeing with you about ASR and all that he's done, maybe on the whys, but not the actions themselves. It's his family's insistence from the start (Nani) and their reaction today which got to me. They never respected his right to decide he did not want to marry. Nani insisted, then insisted some more... It was, if I remember correctly Angali who brought La over to the house first for a visit. They seem to come from the same mindset as Bua, "Who cares for your happiness? Just do what's expected of you. We don't care how or with whom." Not very different from what Khushi went through with her family.. They just didn't care, keeping their "face" to the world perfect. I don't approve of that and stand by his adult right and constant cry that it's HIS life.. If they had exercised some control, perhaps there would have been no need for him to later exercise any kwim? First blood and all that.

And, not for a moment do I think he was indulgent. Did he bring La to live there to make a point? Yes. Did he announce his engagement to her to make a point? Yes. Snap decisions which he later regretted, and it showed. But, it was not at all indulgent, just erratic.
ravenheart thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
@Napstermonster - agree with you on this subject.  Your last line is apt.

My empathy is with La today on what she might have gone through when Arnav made the announcement that they are no longer a couple.

Arnav is where he is because of his actions.  It is self inflicted.  He has been extremely selfish in his relationship with La - thinking only about his wishes and not hers - be it announcing their engagement (I didn't see him proposing to La) or fixing the date & then breaking it off. As for his family not sympathising with him - why shoud they?  It has been his decision throughout that they bowed to.   

Edited by savi-tan - 12 years ago
LadyLaLa thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
A very good point πŸ‘ Often in our cultures we think of family's honour and respect rather than focusing on the individual who is going through the pain..

Good observation.
music1 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
No offense to u Head over Heels,but I totally agree with what napstermonster says.He was using Lavanya to get to Khushi.May be he is feeling all guilty now BUT what he did cannot be justified.Yes his character is slowly coming out of his shell but whats done is done right?I am not bashing ASR,but rather expressing my opinion of his past deeds.Everybody commits mistakes,his were little harsh,more like that of a business man .But  he ended his relationship with Lavanya  like a true gentleman.I applaud him for thatπŸ‘