Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

princessunara thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 8
Posted: 12 years ago
Originally posted by: bidz

Head over heals, I think the above post coherently makes the points I want to say. I do agree that no one should have to live their lives per others expectations. Somehow I feel that Arnav has always lived the way he has wanted. He has always indulged himself. Even today, the family accepted his decision. However, in Khushi's case she was forced etc...So, I do sympathize with Khushi. Don't get me wrong. I love ASR's character. Like others I am obsessed with him. But sympathy from family members just because he decides not to use LA anymore? That doesn't sit with me. I agree that the family should have tried to understand him and his feelings towards LA. They are all blind. That I will give, but from their point of view they have accepted LA in his life, considered her a part of their family, so they are heart broken as well for losing her. So, I think in this context anger is justified. As nani said his decision affects everyone in the family.

oh i don't think u guys got what this topic is about..it is not whether he deserves to be sympathized or not..it is simply the thoughtlessness of his family towards him..

he was a jerk cz he used La to hurt khushi and led her own finally breaking the hearts of both girls..
BUT the fact here is NO1 in his stupid family knows anything about what happened!! AND yet they do not spare their grandson/nephew/brother even one reprieve! they simply castigate him and no sympathy/empathy anything for him..

it is almost as if they consider him to be a stone who doesn't feel hurt..they r his family for gods sake...just because he doesn't wear his heart on his sleave they of all people should know he is a human being after all!! they just consider him to be their ATM machine and nothing else..he doesn't get an iota of emotional support from any of them!

LOOK AT THIS SITUATION forgetting about Khushi & La and only as from his family and him..then u'll feel hw unfair they r to him..

it was most evident last friday when Khushi gave him the gift he was incredulous cz for a long time people have only taken fromhim, expected things from him..never given him anything back..he was only supposed to give and not expect anything in return..

shybabe thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Originally posted by: momma1128

Anne, you need to stop living in my brain.

I just wrote about this elsewhere.  ASR never ever lets on about what he is feeling and so, his family and others just never ask.  They assume the worst and so does KKG.

They all feel he must have done something.  He is the bad guy, when in reality he did a painful, but noble thing by ending it with La and stopping leading her on.

As we know, ASR's feelings are his to deal with and what he does is never because someone else expects a particular reaction from him and never on display because of his fear of appearing weak/vulnerable.  He does acts of kindness because his conscience tells him too.  He's alone in his kindness and he's alone in his rage and  pain.

well said...both of youπŸ‘
serialjunkie thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
you know his rash decisions leave so many hurt in its wake. so its hard for his family to sympathize with him. Its not that they dont love him, but he comes across and impulsive with a mind of his own. He does not offer anything to the family by way of an explanation. The family is left hung out to dry and they dont know whether to sympathize with him or scold him for yet another seemingly rash and illogical decision.

I know, family is your haven where you can be yourself and be accepted for who you are. Arnav flouts the rules set by nani, however strict or conservative those rules may be, and nani finds it insensitive of him to flout it at this particular juncture. So she has no sympathies for him.

But yeah, i would have expected KKG to implore him and find out his true reasons instead of crucifying him first. Perhaps, she will try to understand his reasons more tomorrow (by the symbolic poolside that has seen more than its share of passion!!!)

bfunofbb123 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
so true dear how similar they r when when ccreeps truth came out kushi was hurt as she was the one eng. to him but they all were focusing on payal & now instead arnav as well the fam. focusing on laπŸ˜’ u can't help but feel 4 this 2 soul i hope they find their happiness with each other & in good & bad support each other i don't want no misunderstanding b/n them now & tomorrow i hope we get full of arhi scenes we deserve it after all the wait!πŸ˜›
sidhu285 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 8

nice post ...very well said...so true we all feel the pain for female but when it comes to male character we don't think same ...but we all know he was in same pain as Lavanya was..

surenkal thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
agree.. also marriage should be a private decision between 2 people. family is secondary in this
i liked what he said... if i had married her  and then realized it was wrong would you have stood by me if i wanted to break this up
manjha thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
OMG that's so true. Gosh ArHi can really understand each others situations the best in the worst times eh? Awesome post πŸ˜ƒ
mandy0310 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 8
Great post!! I didn't even think about that, no one bothered to ask Arnav how he felt or what really happened they immediately assumed the worst of him. Khushi went through a similar ordeal when her mother showed just how selfish she is thinking of one daughter's happiness over the other. Its quite sad that two people who would sacrifice everything in a heartbeat for their loved ones don't show the same ounce of respect for them.
HeadOverHeels thumbnail
Originally posted by: bidz

Head over heals, I think the above post coherently makes the points I want to say. I do agree that no one should have to live their lives per others expectations. Somehow I feel that Arnav has always lived the way he has wanted. He has always indulged himself. Even today, the family accepted his decision. However, in Khushi's case she was forced etc...So, I do sympathize with Khushi. Don't get me wrong. I love ASR's character. Like others I am obsessed with him. But sympathy from family members just because he decides not to use LA anymore? That doesn't sit with me. I agree that the family should have tried to understand him and his feelings towards LA. They are all blind. That I will give, but from their point of view they have accepted LA in his life, considered her a part of their family, so they are heart broken as well for losing her. So, I think in this context anger is justified. As nani said his decision affects everyone in the family.

I get your point on how this decision will impact them, since there is some fondness shown towards La from the family, and of course they are hurt that she is leaving. You're right about that, and it didn't strike me at the time. But, I really hope it's because of his overall attitude towards the engagement which has annoyed them, and not the fact that he has called it off, or has wronged La by breaking it off kwim? Oh well, we can wait and see what happens. I just see how KKG/ASR are very similar in many ways, although the choices etc. they make are worlds apart. It's still early, and I need more coffee to get this brain to function. πŸ˜†

Thank you everyone for the great discussion. It's nice to see difference of opinion actually discussed like this for a change.
Angels11 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
Originally posted by: HeadOverHeels

Strange huh? How his entire family (with the exception of Akaash) did not once focus on how this must feel for him, whether he's also suffering in some way, or anything like that. They were angry with him, and gave the impression that they would have been fine if he'd suddenly said "Oh hell, I don't love her, but you guys still want me to marry her? Fine, I'll do it." 

Why do we never focus on males and how they must feel? - And, before you all jump down my throat saying he called this upon himself, keep in mind that his family still insisted on him marrying a girl they were pretty sure was brought home to just make a point.

We all felt sorry for Khushi being forced to get engaged to a man she didn't love, but ASR, while not exactly in the same position, was also kind of pressured to marry (before La came to live there). In fact he had more thrown on him with Nani's "law" that Akaash would not be allowed to marry if ASR didn't marry first.

He and Khushi have much more in common than just being orphans.. Their families don't really care for their happiness, they just expect them to do what they're told, so that nothing negative affects the family, as if their actions and theirs alone make all the difference. 

Very much appreciating today, what males also go through in traditional families. And, feeling bad that no one, bothered to ask ASR ki "Tum theek ho?" πŸ˜”

I am in two minds. I almost hit the LIKE button before stopping. if u pause & think frm others' perspective ASR doesnt deserve sympathy coz all these r a consequence of his own actions. In Kushi's case she was never interested in Shyam & it was only the so-called family of hers which forced her into an engagement & even wen Shyam's truth came out no1 bothered 2 spare a though 4 her & no1 even asked her if she was ok/fine. But in Arnav's case he was the 1 who bulldozed every1 in his family into allowing LA inside RM. Next he was the 1 who announced that he was ready 2 marry her & finally he was the 1 who was adamant on the engagement just 2 b 1 up on Kushi. Silly kiddish behavior. All this while they were going on dancing 2 his tunes accepting (albeit grudgingly) all his decisions. But now this is the last straw. Again on the day of the engagement announcing their breakup wen all the guests ve arrived. And refusing 2 even explain or give footnotes. This is just 2 much. How can he expect sympathy frm them. In fact they were extremely restrained in their reaction. if i had been in nani's position i w'd ve given him a tight slap!

In my opinion only LA deserves sympathy. Acc 2 her ASR came 2 get her back aft the bridal dress fiasco. she dint know that once again that nitwit KKG had meddled in their personal lives.

In fact all this mess is coz of ASR who is totally clueless wen it comes 2 his personal life & KKG who just cant stop meddling with the personal life of others b it ASR, LA or Anjali.