Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

Another Similarity Arnav/Khushi

HeadOverHeels thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
Strange huh? How his entire family (with the exception of Akaash) did not once focus on how this must feel for him, whether he's also suffering in some way, or anything like that. They were angry with him, and gave the impression that they would have been fine if he'd suddenly said "Oh hell, I don't love her, but you guys still want me to marry her? Fine, I'll do it." 

Why do we never focus on males and how they must feel? - And, before you all jump down my throat saying he called this upon himself, keep in mind that his family still insisted on him marrying a girl they were pretty sure was brought home to just make a point.

We all felt sorry for Khushi being forced to get engaged to a man she didn't love, but ASR, while not exactly in the same position, was also kind of pressured to marry (before La came to live there). In fact he had more thrown on him with Nani's "law" that Akaash would not be allowed to marry if ASR didn't marry first.

He and Khushi have much more in common than just being orphans.. Their families don't really care for their happiness, they just expect them to do what they're told, so that nothing negative affects the family, as if their actions and theirs alone make all the difference. 

Very much appreciating today, what males also go through in traditional families. And, feeling bad that no one, bothered to ask ASR ki "Tum theek ho?" πŸ˜”

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

anjs thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
totally agree with you HOH...why were they forcing him to marry someone when they knew he wasn't mentally prepared...

How will he spend his life with someone he doesn't want to be with ?
smileyhug7679 thumbnail
Wow that's very true

Really good observation and thought

Hope 2morrow is going to be not another misunderstanding
bidz thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
That is because it was his decision to get LA to RM to live in. It was his decision to get engaged. And finally, it was his decision to get married to her (on diwali day). It is pretty clear that he does what he wants to in this house. I think the anger is justified by the family members.
--Krish-- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
what u said is true..
i was also wondering that everyone was sympathiesing with La and no one asked anything to ASR.. so i was kinda sad.. but i didnt realize that this was similar to khushi's situation..
sumana-13 thumbnail
absolutely right yaarπŸ‘ ... I agree 100 %πŸ‘πŸΌ
desigirl_18 thumbnail
Really that's soo true!!! So interesting how u pointed out this similarity.. Bechara Arnav koi uskay dil ke haal ki parwa hi nahi kartha...he genuinely felt bad for Lavanya and all that he did. But yea his family is just concerned with how it might affect them. Also i felt that Anjali could have been more understanding here and wonder why he decided that instead of saying i won't let u do this chotay..idk i felt as a sister so close she should have sensed there is more then what meets the eye with Arnav.. idk if i made any senseπŸ˜† Awesome post! love reading ur posts!πŸ˜ƒ Edited by desigirl_18 - 12 years ago
momma1128 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Anne, you need to stop living in my brain.

I just wrote about this elsewhere.  ASR never ever lets on about what he is feeling and so, his family and others just never ask.  They assume the worst and so does KKG.

They all feel he must have done something.  He is the bad guy, when in reality he did a painful, but noble thing by ending it with La and stopping leading her on.

As we know, ASR's feelings are his to deal with and what he does is never because someone else expects a particular reaction from him and never on display because of his fear of appearing weak/vulnerable.  He does acts of kindness because his conscience tells him too.  He's alone in his kindness and he's alone in his rage and  pain.
IronyDied thumbnail
so true! both the families always think that khushi and arnav are the part of family and their life affects the families! i wonder why no one thinks that their stupid decisions affects them! they were literally angry and kind of forcing him..all were like in fact anjali lavanaya is alright or not? damn! he is your brother! cant you ask him once with a cool mind! why what happened..tell us ..share your problems with us! nahi!!! never!!
i think its only Raizada's who forced Arnav to become ASR! they lack the quality called "understanding" behavior! this goes for the both families!
moon_mine thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
well agree wid u...bt then wen...all were against bringing la into the house...wasn't it ASR only who forcefully brought her into the house...so i guess he needed to answer them!!!!!