Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

Monday Mazaa (Page 7)

lilmzsunshine Goldie
lilmzsunshine
lilmzsunshine

Posted: 19 December 2011 at 8:54pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by LuvShuv

Originally posted by serialjunkie

The dance sequence - overhyped and dud. the only beautiful part was Arnav's steady and somewhat bewildered gaze on Khushi, like he is smitten!!

I hope for the sake of drama that he was bedazzled by Khushi in that one moment when their eyes locked. But, I'm not sure.
I felt the production quality of that whole sequence was so poor that I could not tell who was staring at whom and for what reason and with what emotion.

Oh good, someone's with me - I felt the same thing.  I was disappointed in the episode too - too many emotions and they weren't given justice - I couldn't tell who was staring at who either - had to watch it twice to make it all out.   And honestly, I'd a thought ASR stares for La would be different than Arnav's stare for Khushi ... but I actually corrected myself - there was a point where he was staring at La, and I thought, by the intensity of the stare, that it was for Khushi.

I'm splitting hair, I know.  But I think I'm frustrated with the impending triangle.  I just want more ... tension but pushing toward the positive, between the leads.  Not more misunderstandings.  Argh .. .ASR better not end  up thinking that Khushi's fiance broke it off ... this has such a bad ring to it ...

-S

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Infofan

LuvShuv Senior Member
LuvShuv
LuvShuv

Posted: 19 December 2011 at 9:15pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by lilmzsunshine

[I'm having exactly the same thought ... why oh why do we need a catalyst so the lead can come to a their respective realizations?   

Creating triangles for the sake of bringing the hero/heroine to a realization is a weak device--and frankly, I expect better from the IPK writers.

In any case, if the writers wanted to bring in a third to act as a catalyst--all they should have done is keep KKG's broken engagement unknown to ASR. The belief that KKG belongs to another should be enough to excite ASR's jealousy. 

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Infofan

LuvShuv Senior Member
LuvShuv
LuvShuv

Posted: 19 December 2011 at 9:48pm | IP Logged

I'm splitting hair, I know.  But I think I'm frustrated with the impending triangle.  I just want more ... tension but pushing toward the positive, between the leads.

I share your frustration. For me it is never about the plot--it is always about whether characters are consistent to their potential/promise. I feel writers make that promise to viewers/readers--and when that promise falters, I feel frustrated. Example: the writers asked us to suspend our judgment and believe that when KKG enters ASR's environment, he knows it, he feels her presence before he even sees her. The writers asked us to believe that when these two come together, sparks fly--will they kiss or kill each other? It's never indifferent. The writers seem to have forgotten their promise to us.
Yes! yes!--the writers have to show us that under the influence of KKG, ASR has softened some of his edges and he has the capacity for remorse and is sensitive to what LA must be feeling, and at the same time realizing that he is to blame. But, in all this, as viewers we have to sense that he is fully aware of KKG at every moment, that even as he is comforting LA, thoughts of KKG are tearing chunks out of his insides. BS is a brilliant performer, he could show us this with his eyes alone--but I'm not seeing it. Hence my frustration.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

DTeacherInfofan

DTeacher Senior Member
DTeacher
DTeacher

Posted: 19 December 2011 at 9:52pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by LuvShuv

I'm splitting hair, I know.  But I think I'm frustrated with the impending triangle.  I just want more ... tension but pushing toward the positive, between the leads.

I share your frustration. For me it is never about the plot--it is always about whether characters are consistent to their potential/promise. I feel writers make that promise to viewers/readers--and when that promise falters, I feel frustrated. Example: the writers asked us to suspend our judgment and believe that when KKG enters ASR's environment, he knows it, he feels her presence before he even sees her. The writers asked us to believe that when these two come together, sparks fly--will they kiss or kill each other? It's never indifferent. The writers seem to have forgotten their promise to us.
Yes! yes!--the writers have to show us that under the influence of KKG, ASR has softened some of his edges and he has the capacity for remorse and is sensitive to what LA must be feeling, and at the same time realizing that he is to blame. But, in all this, as viewers we have to sense that he is fully aware of KKG at every moment, that even as he is comforting LA, thoughts of KKG are tearing chunks out of his insides. BS is a brilliant performer, he could show us this with his eyes alone--but I'm not seeing it. Hence my frustration.

Brilliant post - again.

Go to top