Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

LuvShuv thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
Khushi's recent scenes---gift-giving to ASR and later to LA, noting LA's tension, sadness at LA's news, compulsion to champion LA to ASR, confronting ASR--suggests that the writers want to emphasize to viewers that Khushi is entirely unconscious of having any stake or responsibility in the LA/ASR breakup. 

In confronting ASR, KKG is not being selfless--I think she is truly unaware of her own heart. And, those brief moments where she wonders about her pull towards ASR, the feelings seem confused and murky. Even if she could put a name to her feelings, she would never dream that they would be reciprocated by ASR. The story so far has made that clear. These two seem pulled together, but neither seems to be happy with what results when they do. Indeed, I think ASR is closer to understanding his heart than Khushi is to understanding hers. Khushi is just being Khushi--dashing in without a thought to correct a situation.

I love the character of KKG--and I love that interesting paradox in her that though she is a romantic, she is entirely practical. And, this practical aspect of her would never dream that an ASR could love a KKG. 
LuvShuv thumbnail
Originally posted by: serialjunkie

The dance sequence - overhyped and dud. the only beautiful part was Arnav's steady and somewhat bewildered gaze on Khushi, like he is smitten!!

I hope for the sake of drama that he was bedazzled by Khushi in that one moment when their eyes locked. But, I'm not sure.
I felt the production quality of that whole sequence was so poor that I could not tell who was staring at whom and for what reason and with what emotion.
serialjunkie thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Originally posted by: LuvShuv

I hope for the sake of drama that he was bedazzled by Khushi in that one moment when their eyes locked. But, I'm not sure.
I felt the production quality of that whole sequence was so poor that I could not tell who was staring at whom and for what reason and with what emotion.

@bold 🤣
Infofan thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Agreed LuvShuv, and I thought I was being overly critical.😆
mandy0310 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 8
I don't find Khushi to be clueless, who can blame her for not realizing Arnav has feelings for her after what happened Diwali night? Arnav made it clear that she meant nothing to him which is quite the opposite of what he truly feels but Khushi doesn't know that. Granted Khushi has come to know Arnav well but still she isn't a mind reader.

The precap was bad, I don't like that the CVs are making it seem like Shyam broke the engagement and that Khushi has a broken heart because she loved him. It seems the CVs are forgetting about when the news about Khushi's engagement happened, both Arnav and Anjali knew that Khushi wasn't happy about it so what now?? It seems the CVs are paving the way for Shyam to be able to worm his way out of this and create another misunderstanding for Khushi and Arnav. I hope I'm wrong but that is what it looks like right now.
namziee thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: HeadOverHeels

\

My hope, is that her tears in the pre-cap and explanation to Arnav about KNOWING how it feels to suffer a break up are to do with him in some way and not Shayam. Because she CANNOT possibly be hurt to that extent over what happened with the snake. She cannot be heartbroken like Lavanya is, cannot know what it is to lose someone you love like Lavanya knows, and certainly cannot know what it feels like to not be loved by your fiance whom you love very much, the way Lavanya knows. There is just no comparison between the two relationships, because she never felt for Shayam what La feels for ASR. In fact, Khushi would in my opinion be better able to sympathize with Arnav on this one.. It's something they have in common.. Not being able to love the person they were engaged to, because they were secretly in love with someone else.

I so completely agree with you on this thought! It should be that she feels hurt for her relationship break up and that relationship is definitely not with Shyam. When she never felt anything for him, how can she feel hurt when the relationship is broken? 

Having said this, I am wondering about what she says in the pre=cap: she says she knows what it feels like when a relationship breaks and that her engagement was just called off (or something to that effect). Arnav should not get the impression that she feels hurt because her relationship with Shyam has broken. He knows that something was wrong that day when she confronted Shyam and ran right into him - he also knows that it was something her fiance had done. So he should not assume that Khushi really cared for her fiance and she feels bad because of the break up...

Sorry for rambling...not sure if I am making any sense...so many thoughts running through my poor little brain...😳
lilmzsunshine thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: serialjunkie

Ummm... A very predictable episode. Nothing more, nothing less. Much needed to move the story to its next phase.

I am still scratching my head over the rumors that a new addition is soon to happen creating the possibility of a triangle. Didn't we already finish a triangle ASR-LA-KKG?? Do we really need a triangle to make the primaries realize their love for each other?

The next few weeks should focus on post-engagement preparations and ASR terribly missing KKG because she no longer comes around RM as often.

Again, as I have oft said, the story is at a romantic stalemate.

I'm having exactly the same thought ... why oh why do we need a catalyst so the lead can come to a their respective realizations?   And the only answer I could come up with is the Production House - it's the same as Geet, isn't it?   And that's how those two leads came to their realizations - it was one after another catalyst that pushed them toward realizing what  they felt.

I want this to be different.  I liked it in Geet, but that was Geet.  I want IPKKND to walk it's own path.   They should let these guys wallow in their own egos, build their fortresses around their hearts if need be, only to fall all over it when they fall in love deeper than before.    I just don't like triangles when they stretch like bad chewing gum and cause more misunderstanding and indigestion.

I really really hope this new entry is like a week long cameo, at max.

And really, didn't we have two triangles, of sorts, already?  KKG-ASR-La, and Shyam-KKG-ASR?  Must we have another?

That 'farak parta hai' track was hot enough to give us all a heated month or two of cat and mouse game ... we really don't need a triangle ... really.

-S
LuvShuv thumbnail
Originally posted by: bollywoodcrazed

I don't find Khushi to be clueless, who can blame her for not realizing Arnav has feelings for her after what happened Diwali night? Arnav made it clear that she meant nothing to him which is quite the opposite of what he truly feels but Khushi doesn't know that. 

Absolutely. ASR sends clear signals that he finds her beneath his attention, and mixed signals that he finds her desirable. Even a woman wise beyond KKG's experience and age would be saying, "What the--?"

lilmzsunshine thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

Oh good, someone's with me - I felt the same thing.  I was disappointed in the episode too - too many emotions and they weren't given justice - I couldn't tell who was staring at who either - had to watch it twice to make it all out.   And honestly, I'd a thought ASR stares for La would be different than Arnav's stare for Khushi ... but I actually corrected myself - there was a point where he was staring at La, and I thought, by the intensity of the stare, that it was for Khushi.

I'm splitting hair, I know.  But I think I'm frustrated with the impending triangle.  I just want more ... tension but pushing toward the positive, between the leads.  Not more misunderstandings.  Argh .. .ASR better not end  up thinking that Khushi's fiance broke it off ... this has such a bad ring to it ...

-S
LuvShuv thumbnail
Originally posted by: lilmzsunshine

[I'm having exactly the same thought ... why oh why do we need a catalyst so the lead can come to a their respective realizations?   

Creating triangles for the sake of bringing the hero/heroine to a realization is a weak device--and frankly, I expect better from the IPK writers.

In any case, if the writers wanted to bring in a third to act as a catalyst--all they should have done is keep KKG's broken engagement unknown to ASR. The belief that KKG belongs to another should be enough to excite ASR's jealousy.