Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

showstruck thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
depending on how she says it could go either way...let's hope for the best...whole weekend we thought these two will get engaged for the the family...that's not happening...

misunderstanding might not happen if we keep on predicting it...

What is the twist then? what's happening?

lilmzsunshine thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Thanks!!

I have this dreadful feeling that Arnav, too, will think that it's her fianc that broke the engagement and therein laying the foundation for future misunderstandings.    I don't like that ...

Also, I think her tears in the precap are due to a broken trust, broken promises and broken dreams - mostly those of her family's and not hers though.

You are right, she can better relate to Arnav as far as emotional fallouts of their respective engagements are concerned. But she doesn't know that ... I think she will choose to play dumb ... till we get the triangle ...arghhh.

I'd much rather they come to their respective realizations on their own, w/o any catalysts, which is the purpose this new entry will be serving, I guess.

-S
HeadOverHeels thumbnail
Originally posted by: chip

@HeadoverHeels: Great post! 

It's probably premature to comment on Khushi's statements in the pre-cap, but I think she is disappointed that the man she thought changed his attitude to marriage as an institution has not really changed at all - he is back to "not willing to give his relationship a name". (I am basing this on the statements made by Khushi in Friday's episode where she gives him the gift and mentions the change in him and congratulates him on bringing Payal-Akash together as well as getting engaged himself).
That is why she asks him what reason he came up with this time to not go ahead with the engagement. Hope I am making sense.

Also, I think when she says she was hurt about her engagement broken, she means she understands what it feels like to have one's trust broken, nothing to do with heartbreak.

Oh I absolutely know that she just covers her real feelings, and jumps into the fray for anyone close to her. And, she meant broken trust, not a broken heart. I just think the script is being constructed for something bigger... Hence the dialogue subtly suggesting one thing, but delivering a mixed message.
napstermonster thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 7
Actually, I got why Khushi said what she said in the Pre-Cap, obviously, Im going to temper my comments with the observation that its based on a 20 second view of a longer upcoming conversation, but here goes:

Firstly, Khushi has a right to be furious. She's struggled to put that smile on her face, come to terms with this engagement, and paid a heavy price personally for the happiness of her friend. She has honored the decision made by the man she loves even as it tore her apart. To see it be broken so cavalierly, when she's literally worked her ass off to make this happen, sacrificing her own feelings post Diwali,PRAYING for them, and having it end like this-she should be angry, and confrontational.  She should be thinking, you "a$$h%le, how many women ARE you going to hurt? And she's the only one  (other than LA) who SHOULD be asking him this, because she is one of those hurt women.

Secondly, this is actually how you react in anger-you kind of mix up everything you are feeling-I took the whole thing as an outpouring of her bottled up feelings---my heart is has been broken (by you) Ive had my trust broken(by Snakeji) I've suffered the pangs of hurt (by you) and my family has been hurt (by Snakeji).

Of course ASR is confused, KHUSHI is confused and hurt here. This response was off the cuff, a kind of a mix of her experience with this whole love-relationship thing. Two men in her life, both interested in her, both having hurt her, to different degrees, but over the same thing-their attempts at a relationship. It was realistic for me, to hear her kind of mix them up like this. That is stream of consciousness talking, she's furious, so this is not a deliberate planned response.

Finally, I thought Khushi's "I am womyn" kind of response to La being hurt really relatable, and not fake.There is genuine affection between the girls, and you do respond to a friend's betrayal with anger, and a protective instinct. This is how a girlfriend comforts another-stepping up to the guy who's done the wrong, getting in his face, grabbing the wounded part, taking her away by the arm.

If they'd thrown in a bathroom scene with La blowing her nose and Khushi going "Girl, he's not worth it, forget him, I always knew he was a player, you were too good for him, and he'd be scared of how fine you are, I think you should get the number of that  hot guy who couldn't keep his eyes off of you, you know, Karan, that banker dude who pulled u to dance back there" while lip glossing in front of the mirror, this would have been a typical breakup among my girlfriends in our early 20s.
Edited by napstermonster - 12 years ago
anjs thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

the way she words her broken rishta...it will be taken as her broken engagement is hurting her...by ASR...even Anjali thought of it that way, when khushi entered RM on the engagement day...Anjali said, that 'ur ex-fiance is crazy to break engagement with a girl like you'

hopefully ASR will get short term amnesia later and will forget this part till their marriage 😉...

but i think this will come into play later...when ASR will come to know that her fiance was Shyam...by that time ArHi will be married...and this knowledge that she was in love with him, will kill ASR inside...thats why he won't be able to love her...

also i think she said, 'that her trust was broken' i hope ASR remembers that...
Edited by anjs - 12 years ago
chip thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: napstermonster

Finally, I thought Khushi's "I am woman" kind of response to La being hurt really relatable, and not fake.There is genuine affection between the girls, and you do respond to a friend's betrayal with anger, and a protective instinct. This is how a girlfriend comforts another-stepping up to the guy who's done the wrong, getting in his face, grabbing the wounded part, taking her away by the arm.

If they'd thrown in a bathroom scene with La blowing her nose and Khushi going "Girl, he's not worth it, forget him, I always knew he was a player, you were too good for him, and he'd be scared of how fine you are, I think you should get the number of that  hot guy who couldn't keep his eyes off of you, you know, Karan, that banker dude who pulled u to dance back there" while lip glossing in front of the mirror, this would have been a typical breakup among my girlfriends in our early 20s.

Quite true! We have previously seen Khushi stand up for La on a GF basis
serialjunkie thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Ummm... A very predictable episode. Nothing more, nothing less. Much needed to move the story to its next phase.

I am still scratching my head over the rumors that a new addition is soon to happen creating the possibility of a triangle. Didn't we already finish a triangle ASR-LA-KKG?? Do we really need a triangle to make the primaries realize their love for each other?

The next few weeks should focus on post-engagement preparations and ASR terribly missing KKG because she no longer comes around RM as often.

Again, as I have oft said, the story is at a romantic stalemate.
HeadOverHeels thumbnail
Originally posted by: serialjunkie

Ummm... A very predictable episode. Nothing more, nothing less. Much needed to move the story to its next phase.

I am still scratching my head over the rumors that a new addition is soon to happen creating the possibility of a triangle. Didn't we already finish a triangle ASR-LA-KKG?? Do we really need a triangle to make the primaries realize their love for each other?

The next few weeks should focus on post-engagement preparations and ASR terribly missing KKG because she no longer comes around RM as often.

Again, as I have oft said, the story is at a romantic stalemate.

Totally. They need to step it up with the emotion at some point.. And, soon.
gilgamesh thumbnail
@napstermonster...👏...well said and much needed post... thanks! I love the fact that the CVs have underplayed the entire break-up - it makes for very poignant viewing!

Khushi's response is apt..bahut faraq pada diwali se le kar engagement tak...you have put it so well!

@HoH: I don't think the entire family has always relied on ASR for him to feel the burden...I would gather they have always been well to do, except perhaps, ASR's successful business venture has vaulted them to a higher financial plane than before.  The point is that when you are part of an extended family, everyone's action impinges on other family members, whether one likes it or not.  Given his history and financial independence, ASR despises this network and craves freedom - a very normal rebellious stance that one takes at his age (i.e. mid-twenties), especially when one has made it on one's own steam.  He is of course now learning the importance of relationships under Khushi's tutelage...Nani is holding the family together and her rebuke of ASR is very much in line with family traditions.
Edited by gilgamesh - 12 years ago
zaniax thumbnail
Originally posted by: UltimateBarun

I think, she means both, thathow it feels to be betrayed in case of sshyam, and being heart broke in case of Arnav, she suffered twice!

but I guess she was talking about her broken engement! nn true she dint love shyam...lets wait n watch waht it turnsout to be!

Agree..diff lines meant for diff people.😉 But i really hope she clarifies her statements on the fiance matter cause as for nw it seems like snake broke the engagement... whereas its the other way round.