Dharampatni

India-Forums

Dharampatni
Dharampatni

||Episode Discussion thread: 19th-22nd Dec|| (Page 97)

KhatamKahani IF-Stunnerz
KhatamKahani
KhatamKahani

Posted: 23 December 2011 at 9:23am | IP Logged
Soapy, that team part. I know the post you're talking about. Except I'm sure it wasn't from me.  I thought it was Aysha, but I scanned through all her posts from yesterday and couldn't find it. Perhaps it was Anj.  But yeah, I agree with the concept and idea.

About the CVs.  There used to be general rule about American soaps, never send in negative feedback.  Because what they do is count any feedback as feedback--and all feedback is positive.  So... let's say fans despise a certain paring.  Never send in "XX pairing is horrible, I hate it."  Because it just counts as a response for that paring.

However this was back in the day.  Before facebook and twitter allowed for direct communication with so many of those working on the shows.

And if they read this forum, I can't possibly believe that they haven't read our utter dislike for so many things--especially what seems to be promoting regressive ideas. And yes, I am calling them regressive and not apologising for it.  

I don't belittle marriage, and I don't think they shouldn't be worked on. But defining a woman's life and a wife's duty the way the show has consistently done so is both regressive and dangerous.

I too come from a conservative background (and despite how I may come off, am actually very personally conservative, though socially liberal) where marriage is thought to be a sacred institution and divorce is more than frowned upon.  And even though there are those who have divorced within the community, forcing people to be more accepting--that's always a mark on them.  But at the same time that doesn't mean that all the crap Kastur spouted is correct.

I honestly had no problem with the conversation that Baapji, Saroj, Kirti etc had concerning the divorce.  Because all that is reality and all that is exactly what happens in families.  Baapji mentioned who will remarry her, etc etc.  While his scenario is not always the case, the thing is that is something that's brought up. 

So the next question is then Kastur's reaction is natural too.  Well, yes. But she also long ago said her thinking wasn't old fashioned.  And then there's the worrisome thing of all...that background music that played when she gave her speech.  That's the "Go Kastur" song.  Even if that's the DP background song which has been played in other scenarios, that song is used to solidify that this is a good DHARAMPATNI!!!, our lead and heroine, who is speaking sense and righteousness.

It was so difficult to watch.  It was difficult to watch Reena saying soon after that speech putting the emphasis on the fact that he was her husband, after mentioning that she wasn't asked her opinion about the marriage,etc...  All that combined is bothersome.  

Look I'm not saying that her opinion shouldn't have been taken into consideration. If they just cut out a bunch of the pati-patni sacred rishta, and patni's duty, farz and apparently her sole reason of being...  there wouldn't be much of a problem.  But that's not what they did.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

phil-Nakshatra-Soaps1

Soaps1 IF-Stunnerz
Soaps1
Soaps1

Posted: 23 December 2011 at 9:28am | IP Logged
Lik That was precisely my problem too with kastur's stand ... she was right in saying reena's opinion should be taken into consideration and i felt that much was enough the whole thing they made her say about marriage was garbage!!! And i know this thought exists in society but it does not mean its' right as well!!!

Hmmm if that feedback thing is true then i think we should all go on strike and not give any feedback at all may be then they will know no one is liking what they are showing Evil SmileLOL

Edited by Soaps1 - 23 December 2011 at 9:29am

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

phil-Nakshatra-

phil Senior Member
phil
phil

Posted: 23 December 2011 at 9:29am | IP Logged
It just bothers me that Kastur has no dreams other than being a dharampatni.It irritates me that Mohan just accepts it and moves on with his life .

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

-Nakshatra-pyar-ishkKhatamKahaniTeAmo_Messi

phil Senior Member
phil
phil

Posted: 23 December 2011 at 9:32am | IP Logged
In Kasturs opinion even if you have a abusive husband you just accept it and try and change that person.Dead

-Nakshatra-KhatamKahaniTeAmo_Messi

TeAmo_Messi IF-Addictz
TeAmo_Messi
TeAmo_Messi

Posted: 23 December 2011 at 9:32am | IP Logged
Sooo alll d DPians hr gear up 4 d whose MOHAN war between d DESI JOKER(sia) nd d DESI CRISTMAS TREE (kastur)...Party

MOHAN is soo lucky, in christmas getting free gifts a joker 2 make his mood nice nd a christmas tree 2 make his life colorful..ROFL
KhatamKahani IF-Stunnerz
KhatamKahani
KhatamKahani

Posted: 23 December 2011 at 9:33am | IP Logged
Originally posted by phil

It just bothers me that Kastur has no dreams other than being a dharampatni.It irritates me that Mohan just accepts it and moves on with his life .
Everything summed up into two sentences.  Clap

Soapy, if only we could... if only we could stop talking and ranting. :sigh:  Sundaas is right we give about an hour or two of our daily lives to this show.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

-Nakshatra-

phil Senior Member
phil
phil

Posted: 23 December 2011 at 9:34am | IP Logged
I wish they would show that both Mohan and Kastur need to change.

-Nakshatra-pyar-ishkKhatamKahani

KhatamKahani IF-Stunnerz
KhatamKahani
KhatamKahani

Posted: 23 December 2011 at 9:36am | IP Logged
Originally posted by phil

I wish they would show that both Mohan and Kastur need to change.
That's the biggest thing. We all had hope that we would see Kastur learn and mature in many things.  But apparently not.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

phil-Nakshatra-

Go to top