Dharampatni

India-Forums

Dharampatni
Dharampatni

||Episode Discussion thread: 19th-22nd Dec|| (Page 75)

_SilentSoul_ IF-Stunnerz
_SilentSoul_
_SilentSoul_

Posted: 21 December 2011 at 8:37pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Nandalala

@bold: I don't think her ma or baa would have encouraged her to stay in a marriage where she was emotionally abused by the family and with a husband who was not committed to her or in building a life together for them.  What was said yesterday was pure Kastur...her intentions were noble, but she never once put herself in Reena's place to truly understand the pain behind the facade of the marriage...instead, she approached it in a stereotypical, cliched, filmi way...& thats my problem with it...

Kastur's maa and baa didn't really said directly that no matter how bad the husband is, you should stay with him and all these stuffs...but they did teach Kastur that, for a wife, her husband is everything and in-laws are her family after marriage, didn't they? They gave her all the advices of being a good dharampatni...but yes, it's different that Kastur didn't understand that at some situations, even these advices and teachings of marriage doesn't work...and here comes her immaturity...she needs to understand some stuffs!

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Nandalala

_SilentSoul_ IF-Stunnerz
_SilentSoul_
_SilentSoul_

Posted: 21 December 2011 at 8:38pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by likarsh

Thanks Bidzy, I appreciate the explanation.  Hug  And I got your PM. I'll read it soon. I just finished watching the episode, and I also can't let what I find bothersome about this episode go without putting it all down.  So I'll get to it, but it might take a bit of time.

Put it soon. Would like to know what you think.
KhatamKahani IF-Stunnerz
KhatamKahani
KhatamKahani

Posted: 21 December 2011 at 8:39pm | IP Logged
Rani, agreed about Saroj's not even registering that that's exactly what she's doing to Kastur.

And also about Baapji, after all his bad decisions he still tried to force a marriage on to Mohan (though in the end Mohan agreed).  

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

Nandalalaanitarani_SilentSoul_pyar-ishk

_SilentSoul_ IF-Stunnerz
_SilentSoul_
_SilentSoul_

Posted: 21 December 2011 at 8:43pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by likarsh

Rani, agreed about Saroj's not even registering that that's exactly what she's doing to Kastur.

And also about Baapji, after all his bad decisions he still tried to force a marriage on to Mohan (though in the end Mohan agreed).  

Saroj acts all nonsense when it comes to Kastur because her hate for Kastur is so blind that she doesn't know what she's doing...she needs to get a reality check!

About Baapji...no comments but on a funny note, would like to thank him for getting Mohan and Kastur married because they are magical together Day Dreaming On a serious note, Baapji knew how sanskari Kastur is...there's a hell lot of difference between Kastur and Reena's husband!

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

NandalalaanitaraniKhatamKahani

Nandalala IF-Rockerz
Nandalala
Nandalala

Posted: 21 December 2011 at 9:11pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Bidz_cutegal

@bold: I don't think her ma or baa would have encouraged her to stay in a marriage where she was emotionally abused by the family and with a husband who was not committed to her or in building a life together for them.  What was said yesterday was pure Kastur...her intentions were noble, but she never once put herself in Reena's place to truly understand the pain behind the facade of the marriage...instead, she approached it in a stereotypical, cliched, filmi way...& thats my problem with it...

Kastur's maa and baa didn't really said directly that no matter how bad the husband is, you should stay with him and all these stuffs...but they did teach Kastur that, for a wife, her husband is everything and in-laws are her family after marriage, didn't they? They gave her all the advices of being a good dharampatni...but yes, it's different that Kastur didn't understand that at some situations, even these advices and teachings of marriage doesn't work...and here comes her immaturity...she needs to understand some stuffs!

@bold:   We see it as immaturity, but it seems to always work with Baapji...this is extremely concerning to me...Dead

_SilentSoul_

Nandalala IF-Rockerz
Nandalala
Nandalala

Posted: 21 December 2011 at 9:15pm | IP Logged
[QUOTE=likarsh]Anj, Shradha has given advice which had bothered me long back.  I'll try to find that post, but for me within where the episode stood--what was being told to Kastur was worrisome for me. And that's when I knew for sure that this show would bother me a LOT when it comes to the whole..."duty of a wife" issues.[/QUO

To be honest, I skipped thru most of her & Baa's sermons on marriage...SleepySleepy...but I got the general gist of [email protected]: same pinch...I can't stand it...DeadAngry

KhatamKahani

_SilentSoul_ IF-Stunnerz
_SilentSoul_
_SilentSoul_

Posted: 21 December 2011 at 9:23pm | IP Logged

@bold:   We see it as immaturity, but it seems to always work with Baapji...this is extremely concerning to me...Dead
[/QUOTE]
I don't expect anything else from Baapji...woh toh hai hi 1947 se Dead
pyar-ishk IF-Stunnerz
pyar-ishk
pyar-ishk

Posted: 21 December 2011 at 9:25pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by Bidz_cutegal

Yes Anjali, Kastur needs to understand that all these society mentalities of women being only with in-laws aren't right. But she just said what she was taught by her mom and baa. Anyways, lets see. My fav part has to be the last scene. Mohan and Reena were so adorable. The scene was flawlessly done by Harshad and Aditi. Oh yes, my face lit up watching the pre-cap. Big smile

@bold: I don't think her ma or baa would have encouraged her to stay in a marriage where she was emotionally abused by the family and with a husband who was not committed to her or in building a life together for them.  What was said yesterday was pure Kastur...her intentions were noble, but she never once put herself in Reena's place to truly understand the pain behind the facade of the marriage...instead, she approached it in a stereotypical, cliched, filmi way, keeping Baapji in mind..& thats my problem with it...

Yeah but Reena didn't say her husband wasn't committed to her cause from her words they were happy but from what I gather he had no self esteem probably due to the fact his family didn't think he'll amount or want him to be anything in life. Why would Kastur put herself in Reena place when that isn't the case with her husband Mohan is nothing like Jatin. Reena has love marriage where as Kastur doesn't, Mohan like working and be something in life Jatin doesn't want to tried so in what place will Kastur put herself in Reena shoes?

The only thing those two have in common is the fact they have tyrant for MIL. I don't see why her answer cliched or however it you called it has to do with baapji Confused. Her replied had nothing to do with baapji but based on Reena own response of wanting to be with her husband and what her mother told her. This isn't Kastur first time saying this she even told Mohan her mother taught her house after marriage is her husband so where in that interpret back to baapji.

I also think some here have Saroj syndrome that due to her blind hate can't see anything beyond it and is the same thing people can't see beyond the blind hate for baapji so something that has nothing to do with him is not being shown as another alliance round.

Edited by pyar-ishk - 21 December 2011 at 9:31pm

anitarani

Go to top