Dharampatni

India-Forums

Dharampatni
Dharampatni

||Episode Discussion thread: 19th-22nd Dec|| (Page 74)

Nandalala IF-Rockerz
Nandalala
Nandalala

Posted: 21 December 2011 at 6:45pm | IP Logged
 I had extreme emotions during yesterday's epi...no words to describe my wrath for the 1st part...The second part redeemed the 1st...Mohan-Reena together were amazing...so natural...loved every bit of it...imo, the scene would have been better w/o Kastur...

I have high hopes from the precap: Finally, the bed/couch dilemma is resolved once & for allBig smileKastur needs a reality check big time...not all marriages are worth saving...& it is not upto her to save marriages...Mohan really needs to set her straight...

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

pyar-ishkKhatamKahani

_SilentSoul_ IF-Stunnerz
_SilentSoul_
_SilentSoul_

Posted: 21 December 2011 at 7:07pm | IP Logged
Yes Anjali, Kastur needs to understand that all these society mentalities of women being only with in-laws aren't right. But she just said what she was taught by her mom and baa. Anyways, lets see. My fav part has to be the last scene. Mohan and Reena were so adorable. The scene was flawlessly done by Harshad and Aditi. Oh yes, my face lit up watching the pre-cap. Big smile
KhatamKahani IF-Stunnerz
KhatamKahani
KhatamKahani

Posted: 21 December 2011 at 8:20pm | IP Logged
Did Reena say no one asked her her opinion about the marriage, so why ask her her opinion about the divorce?

_SilentSoul_ IF-Stunnerz
_SilentSoul_
_SilentSoul_

Posted: 21 December 2011 at 8:25pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by likarsh

Did Reena say no one asked her her opinion about the marriage, so why ask her her opinion about the divorce?

Yes she said it. She complained... at the time of marriage, nobody asked her to tell what she wanted, when she was brought back, no one asked her, then why is everyone asking now? She thinks it's too late. But when MohUr asks her if she wants to stay with Jatin, she asks them back that which girl doesn't want to live with her husband. She had dreams of living a happy married life but it didn't happen. MohUr says that they will make it happen. Big smile

anitaraniKhatamKahani

Nandalala IF-Rockerz
Nandalala
Nandalala

Posted: 21 December 2011 at 8:26pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Bidz_cutegal

Yes Anjali, Kastur needs to understand that all these society mentalities of women being only with in-laws aren't right. But she just said what she was taught by her mom and baa. Anyways, lets see. My fav part has to be the last scene. Mohan and Reena were so adorable. The scene was flawlessly done by Harshad and Aditi. Oh yes, my face lit up watching the pre-cap. Big smile

@bold: I don't think her ma or baa would have encouraged her to stay in a marriage where she was emotionally abused by the family and with a husband who was not committed to her or in building a life together for them.  What was said yesterday was pure Kastur...her intentions were noble, but she never once put herself in Reena's place to truly understand the pain behind the facade of the marriage...instead, she approached it in a stereotypical, cliched, filmi way, keeping Baapji in mind..& thats my problem with it...

Edited by Nandalala - 21 December 2011 at 9:02pm
Nandalala IF-Rockerz
Nandalala
Nandalala

Posted: 21 December 2011 at 8:32pm | IP Logged
But in Tuesday's epi, Reena said the Gala family, including Baapji, tried to talk & help reconcile the couple, but her husband's family would have none of it...In light of this, I think they had no option but to bring her home...

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

KhatamKahani

KhatamKahani IF-Stunnerz
KhatamKahani
KhatamKahani

Posted: 21 December 2011 at 8:35pm | IP Logged
Anj, Shradha has given advice which had bothered me long back.  I'll try to find that post, but for me within where the episode stood--what was being told to Kastur was worrisome for me. And that's when I knew for sure that this show would bother me a LOT when it comes to the whole..."duty of a wife" issues.

Nandalalapyar-ishk

KhatamKahani IF-Stunnerz
KhatamKahani
KhatamKahani

Posted: 21 December 2011 at 8:37pm | IP Logged
Thanks Bidzy, I appreciate the explanation.  Hug  And I got your PM. I'll read it soon. I just finished watching the episode, and I also can't let what I find bothersome about this episode go without putting it all down.  So I'll get to it, but it might take a bit of time.

Go to top