Kuch Toh Log Kehenge

Wht abt change of slot for KTLK..

abp7084 thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago

Wht do u feel abt change of slot for KTLK.. do u think that two new shows tht r launched between 8 to 10 pm on Sony deserve that slot... i mean 9 pm is the most appropriate time for KTLK.. BALH is still runnin successfully at 10:30 bcoz when it was launched the promos were refreshin & ther was no other drama running except KBC which was reality show...BALH was instant hit bcoz it wasnt facin competition in its concept when it was lauched .. plus 10:30 is most ralaxin time for ppl after dinner before sleepin.. once it got tht audience, it retained them successfully till today even its story is derailed to some extent.. 

i guess channel ppl were also apprehensive whether ppl will accept KTLK or not, whether they will be able to get target audience or ppl will digest its concept.. & so they might hv chosen 8 pm slot as a defensive strategy .. otherwise they could hv delayed the launch and could hv lauched along with 2 other new shows around 9 pm by adjustin some other show's timings to 8 pm..

it is really surprising to see tht Sony had done so much marketing for KTLK on TV and hoardings, but lauched it in too ealry slot & close to KBC when it was at its peak.. so ppl obviously gave preference to KBC.. when slots for 2 serials between 8:30 to 10  wer goin to be available in few days why they wer in hurry to launch KTLK...at 8pm many working ppl r still not settled in their homes..they want news channels or some entertainment shows at 8 pm after their work... now if u see 2 new shows after KTLK, they r givin tough competition in viewshership to KTLK in TRPs & also they got much coveted prime time slot & some new concepts in their story...

one of my observation is that the sets used in KTLK are also not tht refreshin even u can see light and colour combinaiton on the sets is not too appealing.. also i think the recent ball sequence in medical conf between AshNi could've shot in more light .. maybe hospital background makes show dull in appearance most of the time.. so only actors r tryin to survive the show on their talent till date... 
         i guess somewher Sony is also missin in viral marketing like Life OK channel recently on FB and none other than Kolavari Di.. MB is puttin so much effort on FB to make it interesting but channel ppl should hv more responsibility of its proper marketing..

i guess somewher channel ppl r wrong in the positioning of the show.. wht say ppl?..

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

rabzonedge thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
may be but my view is if story n script is good it will work at any tym..if not nothing will work...
Armu4eva thumbnail
I like ur theory... but  have a few pointers.. 

a) BALH has stiff competition to beat.. i.e. Pratigya SP's slot leader.. .. it took about two months to settled down. .but once Focus was purely on RaYa... the show zoomed...!! The show has n is about RaYa.. n RaYa are rocking! Today when the story goes to trash.. ppl dun care coz BALH has legions of faithful followers who r crazy about RaYa (like me n my family) n we watch any shit track for them!!

In contrast.. KTLK has been a very.. non-romantic show.. there are high points.. read romance or lead scenes.. but few n far between! The ones that have been shown.. barring the Raja Titli.. Tea Date...Coat scenes.. are all either.. overdone. with Nidhi.. being OTT n buzzing around Ashu.. or just pure sad n sob tracks..!!  Not to mention the legions of LEADS not in one scene shots we have gotten!

b) Agree with u... the ballroom seq culd hv been presented regally.. stylishly... but it looks so dull. .n no wonder coz .. there never was a dance seq happening.. it was jus a mere situation ... created... n hence barring MB-KK acting.. nothing looks appealing!

c) The two new shows.. ur talking about have all zoomed ahead.. of KTLK in no time.. !! KTLK has such a great potential n has slowly started to find its niche audience..! This is the right time to push the romantic track in full steam... to attract n retain viewers...! But they r simply turning off ppl with the whole negativity n depression!! 
Edited by Armu4eva - 12 years ago
abp7084 thumbnail
      i think time slot has lot to do with the viewership & gettin kind of audience it wants to target... finally its mouth publicity tht matters most.. let it be thro' any medium & for tht at least some viewership is esssential...
     the kind of track they r showin nowadays seriously needs some lifting of sprits of audience,,,good slot may help gain overall viewership & also gain some new audience..it will create some positve atmosphere & may lift motivation of existing fans.. otherwise viewers in current slot may also turn away...