Beeji's Perfect Solution [VirMaan] Part 2 - Page 6

-Yuks- thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 12 years ago
Hello everyone!

I have recently fallen in love with EHMMBH and who can't love Virat and Maanvi? They are just perfect.
Here is my little take on how they might come together.
Happy Reading!

Beeji's Perfect Solution

Part 1 of 2

Beeji sank down onto the swing in the yard. Her hands were still shaking from the news she had just received.

Ever since Jeevika had returned to Chandigarh after her pagphera rasam 3 weeks ago, Maanvi's health seemed to have worsened. She seemed to have off-and-on health, she would eat little, sleep fitfully, sneeze, cough, have a fever. Finally, when early one morning, Madan found her passed out on the kitchen floor, the line had been closed.

Of course Maanvi was persistent. Beeji had to make her swear on her life, and then go to Dr. Manan along with her.

The symptoms she described visibly worried him and he administered numerous tests.

Waiting for the results was an unsettling and frightening time.

Finally, in the morning, Dr. Manan had called and asked to speak to her only, to make sure not to bring Maanvi along.

~Flashback~

Beeji sat at the edge of her chair. "Tell me Manan, is it something serious? What's wrong with my bacchi?"

"Beeji, I tested Maanvi for all kinds of things, cancers, tumours, degenerative disorders, but luckily it wasn't something like that." Beeji breathed a sigh of relief, but Dr. Manan continued. "But her condition is still serious." He paused for a moment, rubbing the strain out of his eyes. "Beeji, Maanvi has depression."

"Kya?" Beeji gasped.

"Ji Beeji. Maanvi is depressed. Severely so."

That couldn't be it. Maanvi smiled more than ever these days. "But Manan, how can that be? Maanvi is so happy all the time."

He sighed, removing his glasses. "It is not only about her being sad Beeji. This separation from Jeevika is eating her up from the inside. That's what's causing the depression."

Beeji frowned. "But Maanvi and Jeevika speak on the phone at least 5 times a day Manan. And otherwise Maanvi doesn't even have time to miss her. She's always so busy."

"Beeji, Maanvi keeps her busy so she won't think about Jeevika. Maanvi shows clear symptoms of being depressed. She is irritable, she has mood swings, she doesn't have a good appetite, she either has insomnia, of hypersomnia, which means she  either sleeps too less or too much, and all this irregularity in her lifestyle is what is causing her to be sick all the time." Dr. Manan could probably tell that she wasn't believing it. "Okay, tell me this, when was the first time that you noticed Maanvi's sickness."

Beeji thought back to Maanvi's coughing and fainting spells. "Probably around 6 months ago," Beeji said, unsure. She didn't remember any major spells before that.

"And was that the time when rishtas started coming for Jeevika?" Dr. Manan asked. Beeji hesitantly nodded her head. "So her ill health started when Maanvi started to realize that it's time for Jeevika to get married. And Jeevika getting married would mean that the girls would have to be separate."

"Lekin Manan, Maanvi has always known that her and Jeevika would get married one day. Then why is she reacting like this?"

"Beeji, I'm not an expert, but let me try and explain. When a child looses one parent, they seek attention and comfort from the other parent. Maanvi and Jeevika lost both parents. So they turned to each other and made each other their lifeline. They both probably felt abandoned. It's a common feeling in cases like theirs. And the attachment they have formed with each other was the only way that they were both able to cope."

"So, if Maanvi had gotten married, Jeevika would go into a depression too?"

Manan shook his head and explained further. "They are both very different Beeji. They both handle situations very differently. Maanvi is reaction differently that Jeevika probably would." Manan smiled ruefully. " And now Jeevika is married. She has changed her priority from Maanvi to Viren. Her lifeline is now her husband and she will turn to him for all her small and big troubles."

He sighed once again, his tone grave. " Things can't continue to progress like this or Maanvi's sense of abandonment will continue to grow, her depression will worsen, her immune system will continue to weaken, and then something serious could happen.

~End Flashback~

Beeji could never imagine how much this marriage had really affected Maanvi. She had thought that in a few days, Maanvi would get used to not having Jeevika.

In fact, she had thought that Maanvi's adjustment had already started. She would laugh with everyone, smile all day long, joke just like she used to, raise hell with her little friends. Beeji could never imagine how much pain was hidden behind that smile.

Beeji stared up at the cloudy sky. She wished now that she had dealt with the girls a little differently when they had first arrived. She wished she had been gentler, especially with Maanvi.

She had been beyond upset at her bahu. If it weren't for her, her son would have never left Rishikesh, and that car accident would never have happened. When the girls had come to Rishikesh, she couldn't help but see some of their mother's attitude in them. And she wished to squash it out, at any cost.

She was strict and harsh, making biting comments.

No wonder they turned to each other. They must have felt absolutely alienated when they arrived here. And instead of helping them adapt to their new lifestyle, Beeji had just expected them to silently fall into routine.

She was brought out of her thoughts by a screeching voice. Dabbu come running out of the house, terrified. Maanvi was hot on his heels, her shoe in her hand, shouting curses. "You wait till I get my hands on you, Dabba!

"Beeji!" Daabu squealed. "Help me! Maanvi didi's going to kill me." He quickly clung to her, using her as a shield against a pissed-off Maanvi.

"You bet I am. Beeji, I made aloo tikkis for everyone, but this Dabba got his hands on them and ate them all."

"They were really good Maanvi di. And I was hungry."

Maanvi pulled him by the ear and started to drag him inside while he whined some more. "Well you are coming to help me make more."

Beeji sighed. Maanvi was so easy to believe. She had to bring a real smile to her granddaughter's face, and real happiness back into her life.

*~-+-~*

Beeji shared a sofa with Vanshika, sitting in a circle with the Vahera family, coffee cup in hand.

"Samdhanji, we sit like this, together and share our good and bad news with everyone. You came here to speak to us, so please, share whatever is on your mind with everyone."

Beeji took a moment to explain everything that Dr. Manan had said to her. Everything about the abandonment and attachment issues, to Maanvi's depression.

She could see the pain and concern on Jeevika's face. And emotions ranging from pity to shock on everyone else.

Vanshika put a comforting hand on top of her own and Beeji smiled at her gratefully. "Dr. Manan says that this irregularity in her sleep cycle and appetite has weakened her immune system. She is very vulnerable. Even a common cold could be deadly for her."

A hush fell all around her. It seemed no one knew what to say.

They all seemed to be processing this information.

"So..." Virat started, "What now?"

Beeji played anxiously with her fingers. "Dr. Manan gave me a couple of options. The first one is that we can put Maanvi on anti-depressants to help with her mood and appetite, as well as prescribe sleeping pills so help with fitful nights."

Jeevika immediately spoke up. "No Beeji. I don't want my Mannu on such strong and severe medication."

She smiled. Jeevika could always read her mind. "I don't want that either beta, not unless it's a last resort. He said that he could recommend her to a psychiatrist who will help her deal with her abandonment and attachment and help her to overcome her separation with Jeevika."

Beeji liked the idea of therapy. Maybe it was what Maanvi needed. To learn to cope well and in a healthy way that wasn't so self-destructive.

But she would only turn there if her next suggestion didn't work.

"Or..." she trailed off hesitantly, "we get Maanvi married. She will then have someone else's love and support which she so desperately needs."

She saw the hesitation on Jeevika's face. "Beeji, how do we know that Maanvi will find a good life partner? She needs someone to understand her and support her. And she needs the love of a family. How can we be sure?"

Beeji grinned at her granddaughter. This was the exact reason why Maanvi was trying to break off Jeevika's engagement. Both sisters has the same thought process.

Beeji took a deep breath. This was the moment.

"That is why, Samdhiji," She turned to Dadaji and folded her hands in front of him, "I have come here to ask for Virat's hand for my Maanvi."

Everyone around her was shocked into silence.

To be continued...

So this short fic is in two parts. This was part one, and sorry, I left it at a bit of a cliffhanger
Will the Vadheras agree? Will Virat and Maanvi agree? Will Swamini bua agree?

Love it? Hate it? Please do let me know!

Yuks

Edited by queenyuks - 12 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ashred12 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
i knew it !!! πŸ˜†
love love love it...n i loved how u made all those symptoms belong to depression...
pls continue soon n pm me wen u do...😊
PixieFlame thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Woah! Please PM me when you continue! 
rizvigal thumbnail
great job!!! love the idea...pm me plz
luv.u.zindagi thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 4
omg omg omg omg omg! that was such a cliffhanger! please do continue soon! that was just tooo good! 
love_never_dies thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
i loved it... i got biji 's visit to jeevika's sasural soon i readπŸ˜‰..
well written... thanks for showing maanvi has depression instead of cancer, brain tumour etc...
continue soon and please PM me when you update the next part..
luvzindagi thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
Ohh did you have to stop there only??πŸ˜’ πŸ˜‰
I loved it ❀️...Plz continue soon and PM me when u update...

naina-syed thumbnail
it's amazing...
i cud imagine all the scenes taking place
this is super cooll..
thesh thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Love it!!! I hope they agree do pm me
preethis thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Loved it and please pm me when u update...