Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Sultan_Of_Swing thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 12 years ago
My respinses are for mainstream Bollywood.

Emoting - facial expressions

Actress-
Best- Vidya Balan for consistency Worst- Katrina (poor girl cant even smile anymore)
Best actor- Ranbir; Worst- Imran Khan (he has none of his mamu's genes) and John Abraham
For having too many expressions
Actress- Kareena
Actor- Hrithik and his vein

Body language - gestures, stance, posture etc
Best- Im going to say Rani  and Tabu they nail it. And to some extent Vidya Balan
Worst- Sonam (she has none)

Actors- Best- Aamir Worst- Lamboo Bachchan

Screen presence -
Actress-
Best- Kajol, Kareena and some extent Mahie Gill who has an electrifying screen presence. Please watch Sahib, biwi Gulam
Worst- Sonam and to some extent Anushka, she is a good actress but just cant dominate the screen for me
Actor-
Best- Salman,
Worst- Junior B and Shahid

Dialogue Delivery -
Actress-
Best- Tabu used to be fantastic
Worst- pretty musch most of the new actress- Sonam and Deepika and Katrina

Actors-
Best- one and only Big B
Worst- Hrithik
Edited by Naach_Basanti - 12 years ago
^^gr8 choices...i completely forgot abt Tabu for body language...shes amazing when it comes to tht...especially when she has to convey guilt, fear etc in Astitva, be seductive and then manical in Maqbool, and be carefree in Hu tu tu...she uses her body language really well..

And yes, i agree with konkona and naseerurddin shah having the best diction in Bolly...i also love the way shabana azmi speaks...its very elegant yet strong, with crystal clear pronunciation of hindi/urdu words. 
Edited by smartie_pants - 12 years ago
Sultan_Of_Swing thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7
Originally posted by: smartie_pants

^^gr8 choices...i completely forgot abt Tabu for body language...shes amazing when it comes to tht...especially when she has to convey guilt, fear etc in Astitva, be seductive and then manical in Maqbool, and be carefree in Hu tu tu...she uses her body language really well..

And yes, i agree with konkona and naseerurddin shah having the best diction in Bolly...i also love the way shabana azmi speaks...its very elegant yet strong, with crystal clear pronunciation of hindi/urdu words. 

How did I forget Konkana? I think her diction of a Tamilian Bramin in Mrs Iyer was much better than tamilians themselves.

Note to SRK- Please see and learn.

TitansFan thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Originally posted by: smartie_pants

so if we divide up the craft of acting in bolly movies into 4 aspects there is:

Emoting 
-BEST :- Madhuri Dixit , Vidya Balan, Konkana Sen Sharma,  Madhavan, Akshay Khanna , Rahul Bose, Jimmy Shergill 

WORST:- Katrina, Pratik, Uday Chopra, Abhishek 

Body language -
  BEST :- Amir Khan, Jimmy Shergill... 
WORST:- John, Imran, Mallika Sharawat

Screen presence -Salman Khan, Akshay Kumar, Emran Hasmi 
Worst:-

Dialogue Delivery - Vidya (Natural), Preity, Akshay Khanna... 

Originally posted by: Naach_Basanti

How did I forget Konkana? I think her diction of a Tamilian Bramin in Mrs Iyer was much better than tamilians themselves.

Note to SRK- Please see and learn.

Agreed again..i actually thought she was a south indian actress when i saw her in Mr n mrs iyer...then i realised shes a bengali...but she was pitch perfect as Mrs iyer.
ruky786 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Emoting - In terms of facial expressions, someone like Nirupa Roy did fantastic, even the likes of Shammi Kapoor, Waheeda Rehman were excellent! Vidya Balan seems to get her expressions spot on too.

Worst: Katrina, she tries too hard and Imran Khan his eye brow raising is hilarious!😆 Hrithik was pretty bad when he POPPED HIS VEINS! @Smartie i still remember that pic!🤣

Body language - Shammi Kapoor...I've been a big fan since my dad told me about him and his acting was superb! Loved him in Teesri Manzil. I think Dharmendra was excellent aswell...some of the positions he was standing I liked his body language. SRK, Aamir are very good too. Amitabh does well aswell.

Worst: Sonam, Deepika, Katrina, Imran

Screen presence - Katrina Kaif at the moment...people seem to love her on screen and when she comes the audience go crazy, SRK aswell...Amitabh too.

Worst: Akshay IMO...he seems to do TOO many comedy films.

Dialogue Delivery - Nirupa Roy, Pran, both did fantastic! I loved watching them onscreen, Sulochana Devi...she did mainly mother type roles but I loved her dialogue deliveries too. Again...Amitabh, Shammi Kapoor, Dharmendra...Dilip Kumar...Waheeda Rehman...Vyjayanthimala did great too...Dev Anand did alright aswell...and from the current there are SRK, Aamir, Saif, Ajay and many other actors.

Worst: I'd say Katrina still...she needs improvement which is showing and Sonam also her expressions are getting a bit better but delivery is very weak.
Edited by ruky786 - 12 years ago
^^spot on ruky...i love all the 60s and 70s actors u included...indeed, shammi kapoor, shashi kapoor and vyjayantimala had amazing body language and screen presence...