Posted: 12 years ago
hey all

this topic is abt the several aspects of "acting" and whos the best and worst at it in ur opinion...

so if we divide up the craft of acting in bolly movies into 4 aspects there is:

Emoting - facial expressions

Body language - gestures, stance, posture etc

Screen presence - the amt of attention someone garners or impact someone makes at a mere appearance on the screen

Dialogue Delivery - speech, diction, pitch and modulation of dialogues...

So who is the best and the worst at each of these aspects of "acting" in your not so humble opinon?
Post ur choices and plz dunt deviate from the topic or get involved into wars. πŸ˜ƒ

cheerz

PS: u can name more than one actor as best/worst. 

Edited by smartie_pants - 12 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

TheRager thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4

Emoting - Worst: Abhishek B Best: Vidya Balan; her eyes speak, Madhuri from the 90s; yet to come across an actress who is such an awesome performer onscreen as her. 

Body language - SRK and Big B I guess...they will always win with me every category.

Screen presence - Worst: Asin Best: Big B

Dialogue Delivery - Worst: Salman, Abhishek  Best: SRK, Big B

PS: I have stuck to the stars who have been commercially successful in the recent past.

Edited by kshreya2002 - 12 years ago
Relda thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Emoting: Sridevi. I can't think of anyone who comes even close to the way she used to emote on screen.. in all kinds of scenes.. emotional, comic, dramatic.

Body Language: Hmmm.. This one is tough. SRK?

Screen Presence: I would say Ajay Devgan. To grab the audience's attention in spite of looking like Yesterday's left-over dinner-plate is not easy.

Dialogue Delivery: BigB. The timbre, modulation and depth od his voice is just beautiful.
gr8 choices so far...

okay mine are:

Emoting : BEST: Waheeda reheman, sridevi, Kamal hassan, Madhavan and recently, vidya...they all have an unbelievably expressive set eyes. 
WORST: Katrina...Hrithik in his earlier movies with veins popping all over the place...these days hes alright. Oh and kareena in earlier films like khushi or MPKDH - TOO many effin expressions...calm down woman.

Body Language - BEST: Sanjeev kumar, Dilip kumar, Aamir, SRK, Big B...Ive noticed all of them effectively use a lot of hand gestures (Dilip kumar and sanjeev kumar in Koshish, Naya daur etc), hunch to show underconfidence, upright to show confidence (SRK in MNIK, RNBDJ as suri), Big B as auro in Paa was a very good example of use of body language..and Aamir as rancho was also pretty good...the way he would constantly be jumping around and never stand still to convey his eagerness...Kamal hassan in a lot of his tamil movies (Indian, Dashavataram) also exhibits gr8 body language. 

WORST: not quite sure...hmm...AB jnr...Guru was just jarringly laboured...especially his walk when he grows older..didnt look natural at all...Amisha Patel's ashtma attack wali acting is just cringe cringe cringe aswell..

Screen Presence : BEST: Agree with Relda on Ajay. I would also add Rajnikanth for the same reasons, and kareena and genelia because they ooze life and spunk onscreen ..

WORST: tusshar kapoor, ritesh deshmukh, sonam kapoor have really repulsive screen presnece IMO.

Dialogue Delivery: BEST: Ab Snr, Rishi kapoor, Ranbir kapoor, Kareena post JWM, Shabana azmi, saif ali khan and Nassiruddin shah...

WORST: urm...Sonam kapoor (quack quack...its like soo monotone), Kajol (screeechy man...it can shatter glass no kidding)...Ash (i find her voice really annoying...especially during the Lambo daglo in HDDCS...)

Sridevi and hema malini had south indian accents in their hindi and it was a put off to an extent although i wouldnt actually call them the worst...

Edited by smartie_pants - 12 years ago
TheRager thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4
^^^You can give more than one choice spanning across generations? Let me edit my post.
^^sure...therz no rules...and even if there were, who follows rules on this forum..πŸ˜†
MOTHERHOOD thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: smartie_pants

hey all

Emoting - facial expressions
Best-Amir Khan,Saif ali Khan(Incredible in Hum Tum),Emraan Hashmi(Outstanding in TDP),Vidya Balan(Phenomenal in Paa and TDP),AmitabhπŸ‘πŸ‘
Worst-Abhisheikh Bacchan(sucked in comedy),Aishwarya(sucked in comedy),John abraham(woodenPlank),Katrina,Hrithik

Body language - gestures, stance, posture etc
Best-Amitabh Bacchan,SRK(Veer-Zaara,Kal Ho Na Ho),Priyanka(Aitraaz,Fashion)
Worst-Abhisheik,Ash,Katrina,Amisha,Hrithik
Screen presence - the amt of attention someone garners or impact someone makes at a mere appearance on the screen
Best-Kareena,SRK,Amir,Saif,Amitabh,Anushka,Ranveer,Ranbir,Katrina
Worst-Konkona,Abhisheikh

Best-Amitabh,Vidya,Rani,Emraan(Liked him in TDP),Amir Khan,SRK
Worst-Katrina,Katrina,Katrina

So who is the best and the worst at each of these aspects of "acting" in your not so humble opinon?
Post ur choices and plz dunt deviate from the topic or get involved into wars. πŸ˜ƒ

cheerz

PS: u can name more than one actor as best/worst. 

gujunpyo thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Emoting :.
.Vidya..definitely..Rani..Anushka,in recent times...Waheeda Rehman..Madhuri..Love them!!!..
Ranbir and Shahid as well..!!..

Body Language:SRK all the way!!!..
Screen Presence :SRK again..Amitabh Bachchan..From the ladies..Bebo and PC :)

Dialogue Delivery:AB obviously..Hrithik is good with that...Naseerudin Shah...Shatrugun Sinha..!!!

No worst  for me..Either they r good or i dont care about themπŸ˜†
Taking a lot of names...not only the recent actors but everyone

Emoting - facial expressions-
Best:NaseeruddinShah,Supriya Pathak,Konkona,Vidya,Madhuri,Ranbir,Urmila Matondkar,Sridevi,Kajol,Amitabh Bacchan.

Worst:Katrina Kaif,Salman Khan,John Abraham

Body language - gestures, stance, posture etc-
Shahrukh in Swades,Anushka(in BBB),Anupam Kher in A Wednesday.Ranveer in BBB(Can't classify as best and worst).

Best:Katrina Kaif,Kareena Kapoor,Akshay Kumar,Salman Khan,SRK.
Worst:Vidya Balan,Konkona,Naseeruddin Shah.

Best:Amitabh Bacchan,Madhuri,Vidya,Naseeruddin and Konkona(Naseer and Konkona have the best diction in Bollywood IMO)
Worst:Sonam,her dialogue delivery is cringe worthy,Sridevi(she has a very shaky voice),Rani(she shouts).

..🀣🀣
Edited by .sb. - 12 years ago
Emoting - Naseeruddin Shah in Sir. His range is off the charts especially his scenes with Paresh Rawal,

Aamir Khan really expressive in many films also had the best action/fight scene IMO, the one in Raja Hindustani. Where Karisma is getting harassed by a little group during her shopping trip then you see Aamir take over, the most realistic street fight scene I've ever seen in any Bolly film & Aamir gives it the perfect touch, it shows a man completely zonk out and zoom in on a person. He beat Akshay, Sunny Deol, Devgan in their own forte with that one scene alone IMO.

Vidya Balan in TDP & some scenes in Bhool Bhulaiya her change from Avni to Manjulika was so natural & seamless. I can't see any other Bolly actress pull it off so effectively, especially in one scene where she turns into her dark Manjulika character by mistake in front of Akshay then reverts back within a second. That blew me away.

Shahrukh in Darr during his death scene at the end. It actually makes you feel bad for him and root for him.

Dialogue Delivery - Nana Patekar, Amitabh Bachchan & Danny Denzongpa < The one actor who could match AB head to head in dialogue delivery.

Screen Presence
- SRK, Ranbir, Saif & Kareena
Will update later :)
Edited by 2direct - 12 years ago