Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Rather be known for fashion than affairs - SONAM

IHeartDeepika thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago

Sonam Kapoor gets candid about her paunch, her patch-ups and the changing times in Bollywood

You haven't really shown skin or done intimate scenes on screen. When do we get to see a bolder you?
When I have a better body... I have the body of a normal girl but I don't have ripped abs. I have a little bit of paunch, little extra flesh on my arms and legs.
 don't have the body for a bikini. Eventually whenever I want to work that hard on my body instead of my acting, I will. People want me to stay innocent in a lot of ways. A director said, 'you are the only actress who doesn't look jaded'. 

You patched up with Abhay...
I am not going to pretend as if nothing went wrong between us. I got upset about what he said.  He wasn't happy with the script. I think he was upset with the production also. If he wasn't a good actor I wouldn't be working with him again. If he said something about my dad or the production, that reflects badly on him, not me.  

Is Ranbir next in line?
It's not in my hands. There have been no issues between us for me to extend an olive branch. I have always been civil and good with Ranbir.

Has the times changed for better for heroines?
It's degraded. Do you see women-oriented films like Mother India, Bandini, Sujata, and Guide being made today? In the last one-year we saw films like Aisha, Fashion, No One Killed Jessica and The Dirty Picture. 

Do you feel the need to be more diplomatic at times?
I have always spoken my mind. I have never said anything mean unless someone attacked me. Obviously, I am not a Gandhian. You can state your opinion without stepping on another's toe, which I am foolish enough to do once in a while. 

You are known more as a fashion icon than an actress...
People love me as an actor, that's why some of the biggest directors are offering me movies. I'd rather be known as a fashion icon than someone who is very easy, or someone who sleeps around or someone who has too many boyfriends. 

Your dad said other actresses are jealous of you.
My dad can say that. I can't. That will be really immodest (Smiles). Honestly, I have known girls who say 'I wear simple clothes' and the next thing you know is that they are flaunting designer clothes. That's hypocrisy. 

He also said you turned down Hollywood films!
I don't like talking about films I am not doing.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

IHeartDeepika thumbnail

LOL she puts Aisha in the same breath as NOKJ, Fashion and The Ditry Picture 😳😆

As for the fashion yack, she's always said that.. I paraphrased the "I'd rather be known for ashion icon than someone who sleeps around" into affairs...because it wouldn't fit in the title.

She also confirms that she'll be working with Abhay again..
Edited by IHeartDeepika - 12 years ago
you2 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 6
You are known more as a fashion icon than an actress...
People love me as an actor, that's why some of the biggest directors are offering me movies. I'd rather be known as a fashion icon than someone who is very easy, or someone who sleeps around or someone who has too many boyfriends.

Seedha nishana... Deepika 😆

Hypocrite actresses are..let me guess.. Anushka and Deepika?(she mentioned 2 actresses on Rediff)

Edited by you2 - 12 years ago
KhatamKahani thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
I don't get it.  Her fashion is really not all that.  It's not that difficult to just pick out good looks off the runway, and wear designer labels. She just wears the same thing that's in style and what we see in magazines. That's it. There's no originality to it.

That being said, there are many who don't know which designer and runway looks work on them, and they make many faux-pas.

To me, someone with a great fashion sense is Kalki Koechlin.  I've really liked a lot of her looks over the past year or so.  
IHeartDeepika thumbnail

Yeah, there are no prizes for guessing who she's hinting at... apni Deepi! 😆

. Eventually whenever I want to work that hard on my body instead of my acting, I will. People want me to stay innocent in a lot of ways.
Can you please never do that?You need acting lessons big time.

I have always been civil and good with Ranbir. yeh lo! good manners toh inhe hi aatey hain KWK pe toh ghaas charne gayi thi. 

People love me as an actor, that's why some of the biggest directors are offering me movies.

what theee?Get ur facts right Sonam you cant act.You are being offered movies for the reason same as AB Jr .Nepotism you understand?

KhatamKahani thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Has the times changed for better for heroines?
It's degraded. Do you see women-oriented films like Mother India, Bandini, Sujata, and Guide being made today? In the last one-year we saw films like Aisha, Fashion, No One Killed Jessica and The Dirty Picture. 

❓  Leaving aside that Fashion was more than two years ago, her answer seems contradictory. I don't disagree with either points she's made, but they are two separate points.  She says women-oriented films aren't being made today, and then goes on to list the female/heroine oriented films within the past year. 😕
Next headline for Deepika's interview - 

I'd rather be known for my affairs than fashion.

and...

Next headline for Anushka's interview - 

I'd rather be known for my weight than affairs and fashionista tag.

😆
IHeartDeepika thumbnail
Anushka has already yacked about not wanting to be known for her fashion or affairs...😆 Was a Mumbai Mirror interview earlier this year. Edited by IHeartDeepika - 12 years ago
Originally posted by: indn inn0cence

Next headline for Deepika's interview - 

I'd rather be known for my affairs than fashion.

and...

Next headline for Anushka's interview - 

I'd rather be known for my weight than affairs and fashionista tag.

😆

😆