India-Forums

Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat
Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Rather be known for fashion than affairs - SONAM

IHeartDeepika. IF-Sizzlerz
IHeartDeepika.
IHeartDeepika.

Posted: 18 December 2011 at 8:40pm | IP Logged

Sonam Kapoor gets candid about her paunch, her patch-ups and the changing times in Bollywood

You haven't really shown skin or done intimate scenes on screen. When do we get to see a bolder you?
When I have a better body... I have the body of a normal girl but I don't have ripped abs. I have a little bit of paunch, little extra flesh on my arms and legs.
 don't have the body for a bikini. Eventually whenever I want to work that hard on my body instead of my acting, I will. People want me to stay innocent in a lot of ways. A director said, 'you are the only actress who doesn't look jaded'. 

You patched up with Abhay...
I am not going to pretend as if nothing went wrong between us. I got upset about what he said.  He wasn't happy with the script. I think he was upset with the production also. If he wasn't a good actor I wouldn't be working with him again. If he said something about my dad or the production, that reflects badly on him, not me.  

Is Ranbir next in line?
It's not in my hands. There have been no issues between us for me to extend an olive branch. I have always been civil and good with Ranbir.

Has the times changed for better for heroines?
It's degraded. Do you see women-oriented films like Mother India, Bandini, Sujata, and Guide being made today? In the last one-year we saw films like Aisha, Fashion, No One Killed Jessica and The Dirty Picture. 

Do you feel the need to be more diplomatic at times?
I have always spoken my mind. I have never said anything mean unless someone attacked me. Obviously, I am not a Gandhian. You can state your opinion without stepping on another's toe, which I am foolish enough to do once in a while. 

You are known more as a fashion icon than an actress...
People love me as an actor, that's why some of the biggest directors are offering me movies. I'd rather be known as a fashion icon than someone who is very easy, or someone who sleeps around or someone who has too many boyfriends. 

Your dad said other actresses are jealous of you.
My dad can say that. I can't. That will be really immodest (Smiles). Honestly, I have known girls who say 'I wear simple clothes' and the next thing you know is that they are flaunting designer clothes. That's hypocrisy. 

He also said you turned down Hollywood films!
I don't like talking about films I am not doing.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Terenaina

IHeartDeepika.
IHeartDeepika.

Posted: 18 December 2011 at 8:44pm | IP Logged

LOL she puts Aisha in the same breath as NOKJ, Fashion and The Ditry Picture Stern SmileLOL

As for the fashion yack, she's always said that.. I paraphrased the "I'd rather be known for ashion icon than someone who sleeps around" into affairs...because it wouldn't fit in the title.

She also confirms that she'll be working with Abhay again..

Edited by IHeartDeepika - 18 December 2011 at 8:45pm

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

MommytobeshockaloteraserSultan_Of_SwingKhatamKahaniTerenaina

you2 IF-Sizzlerz
you2
you2

Posted: 18 December 2011 at 8:50pm | IP Logged
You are known more as a fashion icon than an actress...
People love me as an actor, that's why some of the biggest directors are offering me movies. I'd rather be known as a fashion icon than someone who is very easy, or someone who sleeps around or someone who has too many boyfriends.

Seedha nishana... Deepika LOL

Hypocrite actresses are..let me guess.. Anushka and Deepika?(she mentioned 2 actresses on Rediff)

Edited by you2 - 18 December 2011 at 8:54pm

tvdekhaeraserHealer.Sultan_Of_SwingKhatamKahaniTerenaina

KhatamKahani IF-Stunnerz
KhatamKahani
KhatamKahani

Posted: 18 December 2011 at 8:55pm | IP Logged
I don't get it.  Her fashion is really not all that.  It's not that difficult to just pick out good looks off the runway, and wear designer labels. She just wears the same thing that's in style and what we see in magazines. That's it. There's no originality to it.

That being said, there are many who don't know which designer and runway looks work on them, and they make many faux-pas.

To me, someone with a great fashion sense is Kalki Koechlin.  I've really liked a lot of her looks over the past year or so.  

mentallycrazyMommytobetvdekhaSultan_Of_SwingeraserTerenaina

IHeartDeepika.
IHeartDeepika.

Posted: 18 December 2011 at 8:57pm | IP Logged

Yeah, there are no prizes for guessing who she's hinting at... apni Deepi! LOL

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

tvdekhafriends_rockeraserTerenainaKhatamKahani

tvdekha IF-Rockerz

Posted: 18 December 2011 at 9:00pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

MommytobesmarieeraserHealer.Sultan_Of_SwingKhatamKahaniTerenaina

KhatamKahani IF-Stunnerz
KhatamKahani
KhatamKahani

Posted: 18 December 2011 at 9:05pm | IP Logged
Has the times changed for better for heroines?
It's degraded. Do you see women-oriented films like Mother India, Bandini, Sujata, and Guide being made today? In the last one-year we saw films like Aisha, Fashion, No One Killed Jessica and The Dirty Picture. 

Question  Leaving aside that Fashion was more than two years ago, her answer seems contradictory. I don't disagree with either points she's made, but they are two separate points.  She says women-oriented films aren't being made today, and then goes on to list the female/heroine oriented films within the past year. Confused

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

mentallycrazyTuesdaysChildtvdekhaSultan_Of_SwingTerenaina

tvdekha IF-Rockerz

Posted: 18 December 2011 at 9:08pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

KhatamKahani

Go to top