DaddyMarvel thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Engager 4 Thumbnail + 8
Posted: 12 years ago
This content was originally posted by-ruky786

^^^Yeah that is very true. You brought this topic up and had to say summat LOL...but yeah it's not an issue that I'd take personally aapni marzi hai what they do and I mean it's nice seeing Pakistani artists coming to India and showcasing their singing especially Mahesh Bhatt he seems to love our Pakistani singers and some of them I've never heard of...😲

Mahesh Bhatt has a soft side for Pakistani people and talent, becuz he's a very practical person. He's seen life, both harshly and kindly. He is not biased towards a community or any faith or anything like that. Not to forget, he has some family roots from Pakistan also, I think from the Sindh region.

Waise bhi I think if the talent can flow, let it flow. But respect for each other should always be there. Let one not diss the other and so on.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Arwen11 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
@Minnie - i think with Punjabi folk songs, the issue might be that Bollywood seems to remember them AFTER they have become popular again .. medium could be a Pakistani singer or an Indian one 😆😆😆 on the other hand there are some folk songs/regional songs that were revitalized after being sung in a popular film so i guess it works both ways

@copied songs .. i can remember a few of the top of my head
1. Bheegi Hont Tere -(copied from a Najam Shiraz song) 
2. Aja Mahiya - (copied from Aaja Sohniya)
3. I think an Ali Zafar song was copied for an Emraan Hashmi movie.. damned if i remember the movie or the song 😕 It might be Ali's Rangeen 😕
4. Jab Koi Pyaar se Bulaye Ga... Nadeem Shravan sang this old Mehdi Hasan ghazal.. but considering the similar lines and tunes, he might have gotten official permission for it 😆 (though i doubt it 😛)
5. Mera Piay Ghar Aya 😆 originally sung by NFAK 😛
6. and i remember seeing an Indian version of Vital Signs Wo Kaun Thi ... don't remember the singer though ... 
*after youtube search* ok the guy's name is JoJo 😕😕 Don't know if this is the same guy/song that i saw years ago 😕

can't remember any other 😆 i don't think there is any thing wrong with being inspired as long as you get the required permissions from the original artists.. And this goes for singers/directors on both side of the border

@ruky - do u remember watching that zia mohuddin show Hamari Dhun Aapke Paas Hai 😆? it was hilarious 😛 Off course much of it could be applied to some pakistani film makers as well (older ones.. i dont think there has been any lifting of songs by the current lot
desigal90 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
This content was originally posted by-desi_IFer1

Mahesh Bhatt has a soft side for Pakistani people and talent, becuz he's a very practical person. He's seen life, both harshly and kindly. He is not biased towards a community or any faith or anything like that. Not to forget, he has some family roots from Pakistan also, I think from the Sindh region.

Waise bhi I think if the talent can flow, let it flow. But respect for each other should always be there. Let one not diss the other and so on.

I love your thoughts! 😳
DaddyMarvel thumbnail
This content was originally posted by-desigal90

I love your thoughts! 😳

Thanks, desigal90. 🤗
Sultan_Of_Swing thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7
Yes, indians and Bollywood are the only ones stealing music from Pakistan.

And you talk about not dissing either of the community?

Hypocritical much?
serendipity. thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6
This content was originally posted by-minnie.reet

Well mostly those r punjabi songs which Pakistani ppl claim to be copied by Bollywood but actually those r the songs which pakistani singers themself has copied 😛 and sang ...as those r folk songs none owns them , and punjabi is spoken in pakistan too and ppl think only pakistani singers who sang own them , so claim that Bollywood copies Paki songs ðŸ˜› but its not the case 

honge copied bhi but those r very very Few ...5 or even less out of 100 claims ðŸ˜‰

e.g.  chk Jugni song comments on YT frm Tanu weds Manu and how ppl r claiming its a paki song ðŸ˜† and they have no idea Jugni exists way before Pakistan's existence ðŸ˜›

and its just an example 

ppl were even claiming that Munni is copied by a pakistani song ðŸ¤£ when it was copied frm a Bhojpuri street song ðŸ˜›

im sorry but get ur facts right
MAJORITY of Bollywood songs are DIRECT COPY RIP OFFs of Pakistani Songs, and it has been proven time and again!
Munni badnaam hui is a TOTAL TOTAL COMPLETE Copy of Larka Badnaam Hua
Please, its so shameful! :|
HERE IS THE PROOF, 1992... do u think we went in2 the TIME MACHINE to copy, the munni badnaam shit!? 🤔 i dont think so:

... ermm... in ur face! :D 🤔
TheLastCarnival thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Chillax people...No need to get all heated up...

Tunes are copied everywhere! I remember going to this small restaurant  with ma friends and they played Tu Hi Meri Shab Hain in some alien lingo...When I asked them about the song...they told me it was a Tibetan PRAYER!!! A PRAYER
😆 Gawd! Help me to block out scenes in the song😆😆 Edited by livelygal - 12 years ago
DaddyMarvel thumbnail
This content was originally posted by-Naach_Basanti

Yes, indians and Bollywood are the only ones stealing music from Pakistan.

And you talk about not dissing either of the community?

Hypocritical much?

Are you from Pakistan?
Sultan_Of_Swing thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7
This content was originally posted by-desi_IFer1

Are you from Pakistan?

Im not a nationalist.

Its a poor attempt to show one group of people as being better than other.

Pathetic.
DaddyMarvel thumbnail
This content was originally posted by-Naach_Basanti

Im not a nationalist.

Its a poor attempt to show one group of people as being better than other.

Pathetic.

Umm.. What are you so angry about? I am not even getting half of your conversation, honestly.