Chandragupta Maurya

India-Forums

Chandragupta Maurya
Chandragupta Maurya

FF: Mysterious Murder at Manampur; Updt-Pg 44;5/2 (Page 31)

chatterbox IF-Sizzlerz
chatterbox
chatterbox

Posted: 14 January 2012 at 8:28pm | IP Logged
swetha apna khyal rakho.. take it easy buddy dont  put compulsion on urself...  u get well soon then do it

in sickness u cant think also

rest well

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

swethasyam08

Patrarekha IF-Sizzlerz
Patrarekha
Patrarekha

Posted: 16 January 2012 at 11:12am | IP Logged
read all ur parts...its getting damn interesting yar..now who's gonna be the next victim??

swethasyam08

swethasyam08 IF-Rockerz
swethasyam08
swethasyam08

Posted: 16 January 2012 at 11:15am | IP Logged
thank u all guys. feeling good today. will be updating tommorrow!

thank u Aru! no victims for now but suspicions will be on re! Embarrassed

swethasyam08 IF-Rockerz
swethasyam08
swethasyam08

Posted: 16 January 2012 at 8:11pm | IP Logged

Chapter 9 - Part 1: State of Confusion

Two days later after the meeting

Manish was busy with some other case and going through the details. He received a package along with a letter.

He opened it eagerly and surprised to see that it was from Kishori Lal ji, the man whom he had met in Sahore.

My Dear Manish!

Greetings. I wonder how u have been faring since our meeting. I have been keeping quite myself in this area, as usual.  My son had designed a new model of Wall clock at our factory. I'm sending this small gift. If it reminds u of ur visit here, I would be greatly pleased.

Kishori Lal

Manish ji was touched by seeing his letter n gift. He recalled the garden, the estate and the poetry he wrote.

He had gone all that distance and returned without accomplishing anything. But he was acquainted with that old gentleman. Remembered the dialect he spoke which had been the cause of much confusion. Carefully putting the gift in his drawer, he rested his chin on his hand. Then he decided to write a thank u letter to Kishori Lal ji.

------------------------------------------

Next day

Manish ji got the details of Sid, Sumit n Mohit.

Sid: His birth place was somewhere in M.P. His parents died when he was 8 or 10. He was adopted by his uncle and he later moved to Lucknow. But his uncle's details are not mentioned clearly. He's graduated from Lucknow University and recently became famous as a Critic.

Sid n Charu were in love for almost 5 yrs and broke up recently. Sid's parents didn't like their relationship and they fixed his match with a big shot's daughter.

Charu met with tragic accident recently. But it was a hit and run case. Suspicions arise on this as it was near to Sid's place. His attitude changed a lot in recent days.

Manish ji started thinking about him. Let's think Sid killed Charu for his personal gains, but he didn't own a car. But why did Charu went to that place? Did she go to meet him and while returning the accident occurred?

Sumit: His is from Lucknow. His parents are govt. employees. He is also from Lucknow University. He became famous with his architecture works. According to the sources he is friendly but very reserved person. Some times unpredictable behaviour.

Mohit: He is from Bihar. They Moved to Lucknow when he was 16. His father is a business man and mother is a school teacher. He is a famous painter. Very jovial person and is a close friend of Rohit.

When the murder of Sethuraman occurred, all these group guys were attending a stage show performed by Avanthi Theater artists. It was 5km away Manampur.

(Manish ji thought) This case is getting complicated than before with lots of suspicions. Now we have to get Rohit's details.

The murderer probably lived not too far from Manampur. Perhaps he murdered Mr. Sethuraman in the rail road because he was familiar with that area. He must have been covered with blood after he killed the victim. if so, he probably did not take a train afterward. He might have taken a taxi without attracting the attention of the driver, particularly since it was dark. it was possible that he could have used a private car.

The murderer had to dispose his blood stained clothes. Polly had cut a bloodstained shirt into bits and scattered out of the window of a night train. She must have had some connection with the murderer. So far nothing tied her with anyone. Yet since she was quiet person who wasn't gossiped. 

It's clear that the murderer and Polly had met because of the Victory group was a supporter of the Avanthi Theater. They could have been seeing each other without knowing anyone about it. Could her suicide have been caused by guilt over her cooperation with the murderer, and not by grief over a love affair?

Karan seemed to have been attracted to Polly. He may have suspected that there was something between Polly and the murderer. Karan wanted to tell me something, and it seemed to be so important that he had asked for 24hrs to think it over. Then he died suddenly in a lonely place.

The more Manish ji thought, the more confused the situation seemed. As he tapped his chin with his pencil, he realised with a shock that he was reconstructing, a death that wasn't even a murder.  His mood changed, he grabbed the telephone on his desk and dialed a number.

M: Is it Aditya?

A: Yes, it is. Oh Manish sir! How are u? I'm sorry, i haven't called u after that meeting.(His voice sounded friendly). How about getting together on the way home from work tonight?

M: I'd be glad. At the same place.

When Manish ji's shift was over, he headed straight to the bar near to the headquarters. The lady of the bar recogniszed him who always drops in as a pair.

L: Welcome. He's waiting for u.

A: Over here. (He waved from the corner)

Manishi ji took the seat next to him.

A: It's been a long time.

M: (He ordered beer and in a low voice to Adi) How is it going? Any thing new on the case?

Manish ji didn't like to talk about their work in this kind of environment, but when he saw Adi's face, he couldn't help asking. He had been thinking about the case.

A: Nothing has turned up. I'm trying to follow up leads in my spare time. How is it going from ur side?

M: Well no clue yet. Got the details of 3 among 4 of the Victory group guys. But suspicions arise on all. Must wait for one more details. Its getting complicated day by day.

While he was about to say something, there was a tap on his shoulder. It was his friend. He went out for couple of minutes with him. Meanwhile Manish ji was reading the newspaper and he glanced at the headlines to pass the time. There was an article on arts music. As he was looking at this, his eyes rested on a familiar name: Sid. He put down his glass and concentrated on the article. The title of the article was "The work of Rohit Kashyap".

The entire article was about the music, how he started liking Rohit's work, his criticisms before and now, and the way Rohit had succeeded and all. It was full of praises on Rohit.

Manish ji was perplexed. He didn't understand a thing about music, but still it seemed that this piece was written different from the previous criticisms of Rohit's work. He just started to read the article to clear his doubt while Adi rejoined him.

A: Forgive me.

M: Look.

A: It's about Sid isn't it? (As he finished to read the article) I see.

M: What do u think? I couldn't follow the arguments too well but don't u think he's praising Rohit?

A: Of course he is. He's showering him with praise.

M: Hmm. I wonder why critics change their opinions so quickly. When i compare his article with previous articles about Rohit, it seems that he he didn't praise him like this.

A: Really?

M: I can't remember the wording but it didn't sound that impressed. This is completely different from that other pieces.

A: Critics sometime change their minds. My journalist friend says that there is a lot of behind-the-scenes politics. They are humans too.

Having finished the beer they left the bar and dispersed.

After reaching home, he showed the gift of Kishori lal ji to Shilpa ji and said that he was planning to write a thank u letter to him.

She suggested to send a return gift to him and she will be buying one the day next and post to him. He agreed to it and started writing the letter. While he was writing, he felt something else to write too and wrote that he want some details from Kishori Lal ji and mentioned them in detail. Also he thought of calling Mr. Arjun Sethuraman, the son of the victim to find the details of his trip for pilgrimage.

---------------------------------------------

Four days later

He got the details of the places Mr. Sethuraman visited. Looking at it, he started analyzing the facts. Mr. Sethuraman intended to go to Shirdi from Nasik. But he didn't and found dead in Lucknow. So something must have happened in Nasik which changed his plan.

The same day he received one more letter from Kishori Lal ji.

After reading the details he wrote a letter to the inquiry office. That afternoon at 3, he went to see his chief - Suraj ji and asked for 2 days off.

S: That's unusual. I don't think u've ever asked for a 2 day leave.

M: No. I'm feeling a bit tired.

S: Take care of urself. U can take 3-4 days if u like.

M: No, 2 days will be enough.

S: Are u going somewhere?

M: I was thinking of going out of the town.

S: That's a good idea. U've been working straight through. Unless one gets some rest, one can get really sick from overwork. Go and get some fresh air and get some sleep.

Manish ji submitted his letter in the section office and left the headquarters early. He rushed to home.

M: I'm off on a short trip and I'm leaving right away. Would u help me get my things ready?

S: Is it a business trip?

M: No its not for work. I'm taking a short break. I feel a sudden urge to get on a train and go somewhere.

S: R U leaving alone and to night's train?

M: Yes, alone and to night's train.

S: It sounds strange. R u sure u don't have some work there?

M: No, I'm not going on work. I just need some fresh air.

He took Lucknow Mumbai - Superfast express to Nasik and the journey was a long one of 20 hrs.

Chapter 9 Part 1 Completed

Next: A thread

Edited by vss08 - 16 January 2012 at 8:11pm

The following 9 member(s) liked the above post:

lovelygrljustjayatiMoner_RadioKaedechatterboxRadhikeranitiny15Amor.khusi_*

chatterbox IF-Sizzlerz
chatterbox
chatterbox

Posted: 16 January 2012 at 9:04pm | IP Logged
interesting things happening

so somehow someone from victory group is connected with the murder

poor manish ji he is going in circles  but this time with his trip i think he has stumbled upon  a clue

so now according to ur story  3 more parts are left. am i right or am i right?

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Moner_Radioswethasyam08

Radhikerani IF-Sizzlerz
Radhikerani
Radhikerani

Captain Javitri, FFG Cupids

Posted: 16 January 2012 at 11:15pm | IP Logged
Great !!

swethasyam08

Moner_Radio IF-Rockerz
Moner_Radio
Moner_Radio

Posted: 17 January 2012 at 3:10am | IP Logged
@ swetha :
              this story is getting interesting day by day, in the last update i was suspecting Sid Ouch thinking that he was the murderer & Polly had a connection with him & the murder caused, Charu somehow got a hint of Sid's crime & so she had to die Ouch..par yaha to kuch aur hi lag raha hai !! after racking his brains, manish ji found out the link between polly & the murderer and now he has set his eyes on Nasik..hope he gets a strong lead thereBig smile !! update soon !!Smile

swethasyam08

swethasyam08 IF-Rockerz
swethasyam08
swethasyam08

Posted: 17 January 2012 at 7:01am | IP Logged
yeah Polly 4 suspicions n the murderer will be revealed at end. 

Its real good suspense thriller. 

Guys 3 more updates for the suspense to reveal Embarrassed 

khusi_*

Go to top