Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Moner_Radio thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
@ swetha :
            you leave me boiling with excitement everytime you give an update๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ. kaise kaise twists and turns daal dete ho story mein yar๐Ÿ‘ !! keep updating !!๐Ÿ˜ƒ
anu93 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Interesting part sweta๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ...U r amazing writer yaar. Curious about next part... Update soon ๐Ÿ˜›
swethasyam08 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Chapter 7 Part 1 โ€“ Blood Stains

On the other side, Manish ji reached Bhopal Station. The Pune express was 2 hrs late that day. It was 8.30A.M. He checked in a near by inn.

He finally reached the police station and met the chief inspector and introduced him self.

C: I've heard about the case and collected the information but we couldn't get much as it was 20 yrs ago.

According to the villagers, Mr. Aravind Sethuraman was a kind man with good deeds. He served as a Professor in the local college. His social service made people to admire him.

He saved many lives during the land slide and floods. He was exceptionally well thought of. Every one who remembers him praises him. They all say that there was no one like him. But I don't understand why such a good man met with such a horrible death.

Manish ji was not expected to hear these good things about Mr. Sethuraman although he remembered his adopted son's words.

C: But, u probably need more than just my report. I know the person u should talk to. He's in Sahore. I told him that u would be coming, so he's expecting u. I think it's best if u go and inquire directly. His name is Mr. Kishori Lal.

He gave the person's address and arranged the station jeep for him.

M: I'd like to ask u something that may seem a bit strange.

C: Yes, What is it?

M: Listening to u talk, I don't hear any difference from standard Hindi. Forgive my impoliteness, but I can't hear any of the local accents in ur speech.

C: (Laughed and answered) that's because I'm not using the local dialect on purpose. The younger people these days use the local speech less and less.

M: Why is that?

C: The people of this region are ashamed of their accent. That's why we speak standard Hindi when we talk to outsiders. I guess we have an inferiority complex. The local dialect is terrible in accent. Now a days, only elderly people or those from deep in the mountains speak it and if u observe carefully they swallow the end words. When u speak to Mr. Kishori Lal he too will probably avoid the local dialect.

Manish ji actually had come all this way to hear the local dialect.

Sahore was 30 miles away from Bhopal. The jeep drove on and stopped in front of the large estate that belonged to Kishori Lal.

Manish ji was surprised at the elegant landscaping of the garden attached to the house. He met with a man in his 60's who greeted him and waiting for him.

After general talks for 5 โ€“ 10 min's, Kishori lal ji started telling about Sethuraman.

Manish ji had been listening closely to him for sometime and now he could detect an accent in the elderly Kishori lal ji.  He spokeโ€ฆโ€ฆ

K: I still can't believe it. Never in my wildest dreams would I have imagined that a person like Aravind would have been murdered. I can't convince of the kind of hatred that must have caused it. U still haven't been able to find the killer?

M: Unfortunately, we haven't found a likely suspect yet. Knowing that he is from this place, we are determined to find his murderer. We've concluded that, since there didn't seem to be anyone who hate him in Betma where he was living, the cause might be here, in the distant past. That's why I've come to find out about his past from u. I understand that in the past u both were close. U may think that something that occurred 20yrs ago couldn't have any relation to the present, but we don't have any leads. I won't be asking u for anything specific, I would just like u to tell me what u remember about him.

K: Aravind was still young when he came to this place. Though our ages were far apart, we still became good friends. We have habit of writing poetry. That's how we became even closer.

Manish ji's face brightened as he too have a habit of writing poetry but he behaved normal.

M: Was he married when he came to this place?

K: Yes, he was married. His wife was Anita Sethuraman. They were married at a younger age. She was also a wonderful person. As a couple, they were like saints. They were humble, took care of every one. U can't imagine how many people, he helped. His salary was less, but he managed to pay for medicines for every one who are in need as it's a small town and doctors are far apart from this place. Sometimes he used to carry them to the hospital. They had no children. I'm not heaping extra praise on him because he is my friend. He was truly a rare person. To give u an example, a leper beggar came to this village once.

M: Beggar?

K: Yes, a beggar. He came with his son. Aravind saw them and made a place for the boy in his home. The beggar was sent to some health care center. Later the boy too ran away from them. His wife too died of illness when he was 38 or 40yrs. He Retired and left the village after a year and we didn't hear about him since then.

Manish ji couldn't help but be disappointed. The more he heard the more upright Mr. Aravind seemed.

M: I'd like to ask one more question. Is there any one from this place who lives in Lucknow?

K: I didn't hear of it from anyone. U can see, this is very small village and what ever happens will be known to me.

After writing down all the points carefully, Manish ji greeted the old man left the place. On the way to Bhopal police station, he saw the college where Mr. Sethuraman worked.

He had come back from Sahore with something like a lead. But Sahore yielded nothing.

Wednesday

Adi left to the forensic lab in the morning. The lab incharge Yashwanth received him and took the cloth pieces he gave.

Y: In view of the efforts u've made to find these, I'll try to get the results as soon as possible. But it may take time.

The testing procedure involved ascertaining whether the stains were blood; if they were blood stains, whether they were human blood; and if they were human blood stains, isolating the blood type.

Aditya was impatient but nothing can be done other than waiting. He also informed the chief about this.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Manish ji returned back to Lucknow. In the headquarters he met Suraj ji and gave all the information he had collected.

S: Hmm. Nothing in particular is known from this trip. It has become a puzzle about this murderer. But good news, Aditya had found some pieces of cloth near the tracks in his journey yesterday.

M: (Jumped out of excitement) Cloth pieces? Where is he now?

S: He is in the forensic lab. We may get the results at anytime from now.

He left the head quarters and immediately left to the lab. By the time he reached the lab it was noon. When he met Adi, he was told that the stains on the cloth were blood stains and further tests are being done. They both waited impatiently for 2 more hours.

The lab incharge informed that the blood stains on that cloth fragments are of type O +ve.

They checked the victim's blood type which they noted and they were matching.

They reported this finding to the chief and all the team. They were generous with their encouragement. They gave a little jump of joy.

The next step was to find the girl. They promised themselves that they would find the girl just as they found the cloth fragments.

Manish ji had no clue than that girl had taken a night train over 4 months ago. There were hundreds of thousands of young women in Lucknow who fit her description. But he was sure that she helped the murderer.

The murder had been committed in the middle of the night of December 3rd and the fragments had been scattered from the train window in January. So there is a gap of about one month. During that time, the girl had hidden the murderer's bloodstained clothes.

With a general description of the woman, all the team target rental rooms and apartments but no clues from their enquiries. Suspecting that this girl might be a hostess at a bar or night club, the investigation was extended to the entertainment districts.

One morning, when Manish ji was drinking his tea after his breakfast, Hema ji came running and informed them that the girl in that apartment building committed suicide.

At first Manish ji wasn't much interested in that but when he came to know that she was the same girl whom they saw outside the apartment that night he was surprised.

He remembered the slim girl they had passed on the street.

S: Is it? It's shocking to hear and think that she would commit suicide.

M: When did she die?

H: The apartment owner discovered her at 7 this morning. Apparently she had taken 200 sleeping pills. There's a crowd of people gathered in front of the apartment house now.

She left after giving this information. Manish ji asked Shilpa ji about the girl.

M: Why did she commit suicide?

S: I don't really know; but since she was young, it may have been a love affair.

When he was changing, suddenly something occurred to him and called his wife.

M: Did u see the girl very often?

S: Yes, I did.

M: What did she look like?

S: Well she had a pretty, slender face with big eyes.

M: Did she look like that famous actress Naina?

S: Let me think. Now that u mention it, she did look a bit like Naina. Yes, that was the general impression she made.

Manish ji suddenly frowned and hurriedly put on his jacket.

He quickly walked to the apartment building. Some neighbors were standing outside, looking at the apartment. A patrol car from local police station was parked at the entrance. He walked up the stairs to the second floor. He recognized all the police men and the medical examiner. The medical examiner was busy in examining the body.

M: Could I take a look at the body?

He looked at her first and then the room. The room was tidy and clean. He waited till the medical examiner finished.

M: Was it sleeping pills?

P: Yes. She was discovered this morning, and we estimate that the time of death was about 11 last night.

M: Any suicide note?

P: Not really. But there's a journal that could be taken as such.

M: What was her name?

P: She is Polly, aged 25. She is a staff member at the Avanthi Theater.

Chapter 7 Part 1 completed

To be continued...

Next: Sequence of Mishaps...

chatterbox thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
oh my god suicide. wow things r moving fast.. so this sethuraman was murdered man

his adopted son had come earlier to identify body but seems bit on the wrong side

now this girl throws blood stained clothes and now she is dead

cool and still cant figure out who cud be the killer

Moner_Radio thumbnail
@ swetha :
                kya yar..meri character ko itni jaldi khatam kar diya ?? par koi nahi..i think that was needed fot the story. actually this is the way police personnels search for clues & investigate a case unlike searching a criminal & sending him/her off to the gallows in a couple of days of the crime commited as shown on tv. now since polly is dead, i think the investigators will now have to work even harder to get another source of info. of course, i hope polly's diary helps !! keep updating !!๐Ÿ˜ƒ
khusi_* thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
I am very very curious now!
Y this sudden suicide!!!
justjayati thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
ok finally padh liya!! very good!!! excellent infact!!! keep updting!!
will see ya soon!!
BYE!
justjayati thumbnail
and BTW!!! woah!! meri aur ashu ki love story and all haann??? loved it,,,
and polly ne suicide kar liya??? case aur bhi complicated ho gaya... hope her diary helps!!

Moner_Radio thumbnail
Originally posted by: justjayati

and BTW!!! woah!! meri aur ashu ki love story and all haann??? loved it,,,

and polly ne suicide kar liya??? case aur bhi complicated ho gaya... hope her diary helps!!

@ jayati :
       yeh kya hai ๐Ÿ˜ฒ?? bol to aise rahe ho jaise story ki character nahi balki main khud hi suicide karli ho !!
justjayati thumbnail
hahah.. nahi re!!! actually story mein itna involve ho chuki hun ki bhul gayi ki polly koi real character bhi hai!!!๐Ÿ˜†
ab yaad aa gaya!!