Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Imran opts out of Punit Malhotra's film opp Sonam!

IHeartDeepika thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago

He pulls out of Punit Malhotra's next

Punit Malhotra, who was chalking out plans for his next venture, was all geared up to repeat the formula which worked for his directorial debut, I Hate Luv Storys. However, we hear that his plans to cast Sonam Kapoor opposite Imran Khan for the Karan Johar production are not likely to materialise. A friend of the director's revealed to Mumbai Mirror that Malhotra is back to square one as far as casting is concerned, as Imran has opted out.

According to the director's friend, Imran wants to focus on his other films, as the dates for Malhotra's project would come into conflict with his other commitments. The director's friend explained, "After the success of I Hate Luv Storys, Punit was extremely keen to cast Imran and Sonam, as he is very close to them. Punit had spoken about the film to the media. In fact, Dharma Productions were about to announce the film. But then, Imran informed Punit and Karan that he would not be able to do the film, citing date issues. However, Punit was very understanding about Imran's decision."

Imran's decision to pull out, however, has come as a major surprise to many in the industry, since I Hate Luv Storys was Imran's first major hit after his debut film Jaane Tu Ya Jaane Na. While the actor has opted out of this project, Imran's friend told Mumbai Mirror, "Despite these developments, Imran and Punit are scheduled to do a film together, but later. Imran is currently dedicating his time to Vishal Bharadwaj's film Matru Ki Bijlee Ka Mandola, which goes on floors very soon."

Apparently, Shahid Kapoor is being considered to replace Imran in the film. "If all goes well, this will be Shahid's first film with Dharma Productions, after he had left Kaal at the last minute," added Malhotra's friend.

Edited by IHeartDeepika - 12 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

IHeartDeepika thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
A good decision by Imran. First I thought IHLS was cheesy and boring. Also Imran NEEDS to experiment with other genres and polish those acting chops! Good for Shahid though...his first Dharma film :)
Sounds like a huge bore with Sonam again!!!  I couldn't stand Sonam in IHLS.  Why not cast a new combo?  Shahid is good, but I would prefer someone like Deepika or even Asin with him!

😃
mazzay thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

OMG, Shahid and sonam again!!! WOW!!!! I hope this comes true, i will be the happiestt person!!

Dar_Fitte_Moo thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 14 Thumbnail + 7
i m sure he had enough of her fashion lectures during IHLS.Its enough for the rest of his life 😆
fly2me thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Hm...IF the script is good...IF...then Shahid should join in. Would love to see him and Sonam again. 
I watched part of MBKD yesterday and i can say it... IMRAN KHAN is oficially the WORST ACTOR in bollywood right now. He is the worst!! I don't even know why people sign him... even Katrina kaif has improved thousand times in comparison to him.. but he hasn't improved at all.. infact he has become worse. He needs to quit acting.
GR8 decision imran...

👏
TheRager thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4
I hated IHLS🤢...imagine watching Sonam and Imran in the same movie again.
vssaras thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
I am happy for Sasha..as he would be backed by Dharma productions...😊