Dekha Ek Khwaab

DEK inspired by Princess Diaries 2-Discuss Here

-Nightingale- thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 12 years ago

'Dekha ek Khwaab' not inspired by 'The Princess Diaries'

Mumbai, Nov 5 (IANS) "Dekha Ek Khwaab" is not inspired by 2001 Hollywood movie "The Princess Diaries", said the producer of the show, adding that the original concept will not appeal to the Indian audience.

"The show is not at all inspired by 'The Princess Diaries'. I wish we could do that but I don't think that would have appealed to Indian people. 'The Princess Diaries' was just a concept and showed the transformation of a simple girl into a princess. But in India, audience needs lots of character-based roles and many other things that supports the concept. This is what we have tried to present through 'Dekha Ek Khwaab'," producer Shristhi told IANS.

"Dekha Ek Khwaab", directed by Anil V. Kumar, will go on air on Sony Nov 21. It will start once "Kaun Banega Crorepati 5" is wrapped up.

"Dekha Ek Khwaab" is the story of an ordinary girl called Monia, played by Priyal Gor, whose suddenly finds herself becoming the princess of a royal family of Devgarh.

Aroona Irani, who is playing Rajmata Mrinalini Devi in it, finds the show different from regular Saas-Bahu soaps.

"In the past few years, I have done roles which were more vampish and negative but this role has so many edges that I was not able to say no. I loved the way Mrinalini Devi portrays elegance, charm and glamour without being overboard," Irani told IANS.

The show will see Shahbaaz Khan, best known for his role in "Tipu Sultan", after a gap.

"I think there are many things in 'Dekha Ek Khwaab', which makes it different from other shows. From channel to production and team, everyone gave their best to make it a successful and must-watch show and this is what will make it different from other prevailing shows," he said.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

bithee thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
this is the copy of my fav movie princess dairy...i wish they could keep up the good work.
Sam_KaShian thumbnail
actually it's not a copy...but i guess it's inspired by TPD!
i am also a big fan of TPD...but i haven't seen the movie...I LOVE the book series!
I too hope it does well!
Edited by uyti - 12 years ago
adventure_gurl thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
loved the books a lot and first movie was awesome, second movie wasn't  as great
missmalika thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
even I loved the books...they were my fav books when I was young..I still love to read them over and over again ðŸ˜†
this story is a bit different but sill I love it especially monia

krazzy4ArHi thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 2
its not a copy but an adaptation to an extent loved da books n moviess <3
Arziya thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Jimmy Jab Games Season 4 0 Thumbnail + 8

Sony's new show seems like an inspired version of the Princess Diaries, whatever its producers might say

Dekha Ek Khwaab starts with the protagonist Muniya (Priyal Gor) enjoying the Mumbai rains. She is a simple down to earth girl who wishes for her own princess story. Little does she know that she just might get that chance, thanks to Rajmata Mrinalini Devi and Maharaj Brijraj Singh. Aruna Irani and Shahbaaz Khan are tailor-made for their roles of royalty. Yet, the show started on a slow note without any punch making it a rather dull affair. So much so that even the entry of Abhishak Rawat's Akash fell flat. The initial episode itself hints that Muniya's life is not exactly as it's made out to be and she has a connection to royalty. But what bored us was the fact that in spite of being an outspoken and loud character, Muniya is blissfully ignorant of the outside world. Her doting father advises her to not venture outdoors but doesn't give any explanations. Muniya's characterisation shows conflicting attributes and she comes across as fake. Her supposedly polar opposite is the Rajmata's granddaughter, Jaynandini aka J – a snobbish and arrogant girl who has just stepped into adulthood. The actor goes overboard with her character and requires extensive training in dialogue delivery. On the whole, the serial doesn't seem to offer anything unique or interesting. While the makers scream on top of their voices that the story is different, we seem to have a hard time believing it. If Sony head honchos really expected to retain the high TRPs they got thanks to Amitabh Bachchan's Kaun Banega Crorepati 5 with this show, they are going to be sorely disappointed.

'Dekha ek Khwaab' not inspired by 'The Princess Diaries'

Read more:Tipu Sultan|The Princess Diaries|Sultan|Dekha Ek Khwaab
AND
DISCUSS
The Princess Diaries

"Dekha Ek Khwaab" is not inspired by 2001 Hollywood movie " The Princess Diaries", said the producer of the show, adding that the original concept will not appeal to the Indian audience.

"The show is not at all inspired by 'The Princess Diaries'. I wish we could do that but I don't think that would have appealed to Indian people. 'The Princess Diaries' was just a concept and showed the transformation of a simple girl into a princess. But in India, audience needs lots of character-based roles and many other things that supports the concept. This is what we have tried to present through 'Dekha Ek Khwaab'," producer Shristhi told IANS.

"Dekha Ek Khwaab", directed by Anil V. Kumar, will go on air on Sony Nov 21. It will start once "Kaun Banega Crorepati 5" is wrapped up.

"Dekha Ek Khwaab" is the story of an ordinary girl called Monia, played by Priyal Gor, whose suddenly finds herself becoming the princess of a royal family of Devgarh.

Aroona Irani, who is playing Rajmata Mrinalini Devi in it, finds the show different from regular Saas-Bahu soaps.

"In the past few years, I have done roles which were more vampish and negative but this role has so many edges that I was not able to say no. I loved the way Mrinalini Devi portrays elegance, charm and glamour without being overboard," Irani told IANS.

The show will see Shahbaaz Khan, best known for his role in " Tipu Sultan", after a gap.

"I think there are many things in 'Dekha Ek Khwaab', which makes it different from other shows. From channel to production and team, everyone gave their best to make it a successful and must-watch show and this is what will make it different from other prevailing shows," he said.

nv/ar/sd

-scarlett- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
I somewhat agree with the first article stating how it was off to a slow start even aftr Akash's entry but the truth is NO ONE wants to see him, hence it was slow... the whole time we only wanted Uday.. also I diagree with Monia being fake, she wasnt fake, it just happens to some pple, even though their outspoken and loud, you dont get to that side of theirs until something happens. And its not necessary that every outspoken and open minded person experiences the world first handed. n I don't have a problem with Jainandini really.. i dunno... and lets see how its different
If they make Manu like Uday den defo its different lolz ;)
sexyheels thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
well the show was slow because Akash is slowww no one wanna see him i would say 50% credit goes to Udayveer's character in picking up this show and then the rest 50% goes to the rest of the team. I like Jai's character she's a perfect rival for Manyta and the sets, the clothes of all the character minus Jai's are lavish and the acting is nice and all. 
as for the story being different of course its not you typical saas bahu story which half the soaps usually are, and its also not just a love story...its a story of a girl becoming a princess and its different i like the show mainly because of Uday and because i want Manveer to end up together and if CVs are smart they would do that too but also because the story has something diff i can't describe but i would say i like this story...at least so far...
nikhilageet thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
😃Well obviously the start was slow, the lead pair had no chemistry whatsover which made people sit up and take notice. Also at that time slot there are other established shows on other channels which are doing well, so trp s picking up would take time. But once uday and Moniya s chemistry was seen I am sure a whole lot of people started watching. If just by watching part of a promo made me and a whole lot of other people like me sit up and want to watch, the makers must be doing something right😉. As for the flaws in characterisation and story, well which serial is so perfectly correct? Even the best of serials have bloopers aplenty😆. I think given time the chinks will be straightened out and the story and characters will be more well rounded.Its too early to judge it and find fault with it. I for one am loving it so far😃