Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon
Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

State of the Forum Address (Page 2)

princessunara IF-Stunnerz
princessunara
princessunara

Posted: 18 December 2011 at 1:09pm | IP Logged
let me start by giving a STANDING OVATION to that incredible post!ClapClapClap

and every single word every single suggestion is amazing and i support everything u have said!!

and to say a little thing, the actual victory to our forum came when after the bashing happened through this drive by the other members to actively create positivity, investing their time mind and effort to making everything better once again!

as u can see from my account i have been on IF for over 5years..grown from a teenager to now in these forums..and for the first time i'm seeing this overwhelming positivity, the striving of members just like u to overcome the hurdles, to start on a clean slate! AND LET ME TELL U THIS ITSELF IS OUR VICTORY! THIS POST BEING POSTED BY U IS A VICTORY FOR US!

and one suggestion I'd like to endorse if sharing the burden of Minnu so that when she is not here another moderator can take over and keep constant vigil as u have suggested,,and my suggestion is let us ourselves propose some names like Anne di (aka HeadOverHeels) u urself (serialjunkie), the_rain (Bristy),minimuffin86 and many others..and any of u who can spare the time for that should be made a moderator..

so once again let me conclude by telling what an amazing effort and what a wonderful idea

AND HERE IS MY WORD FOR U LET US KICK START THIS CAMPAIGN OF 'SAY NO TO BASHING'!

Edited by princessunara - 18 December 2011 at 1:28pm

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

serialjunkie

serialjunkie IF-Sizzlerz
serialjunkie
serialjunkie

Posted: 18 December 2011 at 1:19pm | IP Logged

Now, the final critical step in winning the future is to make sure we aren't buried under a mountain of criticism.

We are living with a legacy of Geet story that began almost two years ago. And in the wake of the channel closing and geet ending crisis, some of that has spurred redirects to our forum.

But now that the worst of the reaction is over, we have to confront the fact that our forum has taken it, at times, with less grace than warranted. That is not sustainable. Every day, forum members sacrifice and restrain themselves to live within their decorum and limits. Such members deserve a forum world that does the same.

So tonight, I am proposing that starting in the New Year, we freeze our retaliation. Now, this would deter the bashing posts because they will not get the attention they so seek. This freeze will require painful sacrifices from ALL OF US.

I recognize that some in this chamber have already proposed deeper cuts, and I'm willing to eliminate whatever we can honestly afford to do without. But let's make sure that we're not doing it on the backs of our most vulnerable citizens the youngest members of the forum. (Applause.) And let's make sure that what we're cutting is really excess weight.

The bipartisan fiscal commission I created last year made this crystal clear. I don't agree with all their proposals, but they made important progress. And their conclusion is that the only way to tackle our differences is to cut the rhetoric, stop unnecessarily criticizing our actors and spending more time appreciating everything that is good with our show.  

……

To put us on solid ground, we should also find a bipartisan solution to strengthen the Sanaya , Barun loving generation. (Applause.) We must do it without putting at risk our love for each actor.

And if we truly care about our show, we simply can't afford a permanent extension of our show beyond the normal 2~3 years of its fruitful existence. Before we make LA negative or Mamiji a typical Saas-Bahu, we must pause and think whether we fall into the TRP trap and pander to the basest emotions in telly world. In fact, the best thing we could do is to simplify the nonsensical story lines seen in other shows. (Applause.) This will be a tough job, but members of all parties have expressed an interest in doing this, and I am prepared to join them. (Applause.)

So now is the time to act. Now is the time for all sides to forge a principled compromise that gets the job done. If we make the hard choices now to rein in our negativity, we can make the progress we need to win the future.

Let me take this one step further. We shouldn't just give our people a forum that's more positive. We should give them a forum that's more competent and more efficient and one of the most entertaining in IF. We can't win the future with a forum of the past. (Applause.)

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

fazzy-wazzyprincessunara

serialjunkie IF-Sizzlerz
serialjunkie
serialjunkie

Posted: 18 December 2011 at 1:24pm | IP Logged
(shortening it...)

We do big things.

From the earliest days of our founding, IPK has been the story of an ordinary girl who dared to dream and an angry young man who dared to change his ways. That's how we win the future.

We're a forum that says, "I might not have a lot of time, but I have this 20 minutes that I will devote to this lovely show." "I might not comment online or make funny posts, but I will be the first one to AVOID creating any negative vibes in the forum." "I might not like the way current track is proceeding or the shape of the story, but I think I can help CVs, and I need to try, and I will re-iterate my ideas in the forum as many times as needed to get the ideas across to the CVs." "I'm not sure how we'll reach that better place beyond the horizon, but I know we'll get there. I know we will."

We do big things. (Applause.)

The idea of IPKKND endures. Our destiny remains our choice. And tonight, more than 6 months later, it's because of our people that our future is hopeful, our journey goes forward, and the state of our forum and our SHOW is strong.

Thank you. God bless you, and may God bless the IPKKND forum. (Applause.)

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

fazzy-wazzyprincessunara

Fatz77 IF-Dazzler

Posted: 18 December 2011 at 1:38pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

Go to top