Posted: 12 years ago
What can I say about the state of this forum? I see so many 'goodbye' threads and posts, and mostly from some really great, contributing members. Quite sad really.

Anyway, I posted an age poll, just to get an idea of the age groups on this particular forum, and was surprised to see that there really are many young people on here. It didn't really strike me when the mods informed us about explicit/mature content, but I can see why now.

Nevertheless, I feel as an adult, a mother, and someone who has grown quite fond of both this forum, and many of the members, that it needs to be pointed out how adult content in posts can and should be stretched to include no tolerance of bullying as well. In the last week alone, I've seen thread after thread started with clearly antagonizing posts, words specifically used to target the younger members on here, and then blatant threats by those same TMs who claim to be adults, towards other members, many of whom are young girls, below the age of 18. And, THAT in my opinion is completely unacceptable. 

The results of those same threads is like the proverbial can of worms, which triggers defensive threads, written in haste and anger, by the younger members on here, and that leads to misunderstandings, hurt feelings, and then loss of members.

So, my humble request to the Development Team/Moderators (all of whom I think do a fantastic job here btw, and deserve more than the praise they get) is to please become aware of people on here, whose only intent seems to be creating trouble, disguised as "freedom of speech" and all of the rubbish most bullies are famous for using to make their cases.

In the same way we protect the young members here by attempting to not use adult language, we should also try to keep out other forms of posts which they don't need to be reading and/or pushes them to react negatively.

Thank you. I did not mean any offense with this post, and hope it's taken for what it is. A little nudge towards awareness of an issue which could spiral out of control.
I like your sensible post .

The bullying and threatening is unacceptable .

So is unacceptable juvenile graphical decription of  love-making scenes .
Originally posted by sunaina02

I like your sensible post .

The bullying and threatening is unacceptable .

So is unacceptable juvenile graphical decription of  love-making scenes .

Don't remind me. πŸ˜†
ah HOH..back with ur wise words..:)
hugs...πŸ€—

i ws sad when incandescent and ASR4ever posted their goodbye threads..i enjoyd reading both of their threads..and i knw both had valid reasons- ASR4ever had unnecessary reactions in her thread...what crap man!..bullying is soo not happening!!

thanx fr the post!:)
πŸ€—πŸ€—πŸ€—
nothing more to say! i can not even believe that mature people can sometime behave so immatureπŸ˜† anyways! time flies! after tomorrow's epi everyone will again come back ..and will make posts "wow what an epi".."sarun rocked".. "ASR is hot" and with all this some bahsing posts! tahst the rule! but tha doent mean we should run away! πŸ˜† i would rather prefer to enjoy each and everything! 😳
Originally posted by vampire_girl

πŸ€—πŸ€—πŸ€—
nothing more to say! i can not even believe that mature people can sometime behave so immatureπŸ˜† anyways! time flies! after tomorrow's epi everyone will again come back ..and will make posts "wow what an epi".."sarun rocked".. "ASR is hot" and with all this some bahsing posts! tahst the rule! but tha doent mean we should run away! πŸ˜† i would rather prefer to enjoy each and everything! 😳
hope so 
dnt like to see the forum like this
Thanks for this, some sense was much needed!
Originally posted by HeadOverHeels

Don't remind me. πŸ˜†

Don't be hard on yourself Heady. Mea culpa. At least we are trying to abide by forum rules once we recognized it and that is not juvenile.

Juvenile is reacting to some stupid incendiary post with a potshot of your own. That to me is juvenile.
Originally posted by serialjunkie

Don't be hard on yourself Heady. Mea culpa. At least we are trying to abide by forum rules once we recognized it and that is not juvenile.

Juvenile is reacting to some stupid incendiary post with a potshot of your own. That to me is juvenile.

If you are directing that at me .  I agree - I love to be juvenile here . 😊
And another thing - note or appeal to MODs

I fully appreciate their effort at keeping this forum healthy, yet, the timeliness with with the topics get closed leaves something to be desired.

A lot of damage is already done by the time mods react to bad posts. And when they do the first posts to get closed are innocuous posts such as repeat post of an article, or photograph post or help post.

I appeal to mods that since the forum is seeing a rash of negative posts, the mods be more active on the forum for the next few weeks and put a swift stop to any posts that break IF rules. This will deter future negativity here.