Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

India-Forums

Then & Now (Page 4)

minimuffin86 IF-Dazzler

Posted: 18 December 2011 at 1:17pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

shaam91HeadOverHeels

sunaina02 IF-Stunnerz
sunaina02
sunaina02

Posted: 18 December 2011 at 2:06pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by lovestea

Originally posted by sunaina02

India . Pakistan  Nepal Bangladesh Sri Lanka -  are all known as "Browns" in NA . Our culture - our music, our movies , our food - known as   brown -music , brown movie etc. etc.

I dont hink hardly anyone will watch our TV unlesshe/she has brown origin.There are many brown who have Indian roots but now from Africa or west Indies or may be in Singapore, Fiji or Brunei - but the basic brown culture is rooted in them

I like what you have written, I am from Fiji but have not lived there in yeons and now live in North America. But I must say I have never heard of Indians being referred to as "browns" in NA. Or anyone else from South Asia for that matter. 

But you are totally right about that fact that only people of Indian origin /culture watch Indian TV. My husband and son (whites) find the soaps ridiculous, while my entire family from fiji are totally hooked on it.

in Canada it is quite common to call the south asians as browns . I
HeadOverHeels Goldie
HeadOverHeels
HeadOverHeels

Posted: 19 December 2011 at 12:31am | IP Logged
Originally posted by napstermonster

HeadOverHeels, here is my story:

This is the only Indian soap I watch, and I need pin drop silence, the house in perfect order, and a cappuccino next to me on the sofa before I get my daily "fix." My husband has mocked me since July for it.

For the past two months, however, my husband has been moving closer and closer to the TV-armed with a newspaper or a book, always, to plunge into come commercials, because he's just there for the company, of course. He's  always stayed in the periphery, though, hovering JUST off to the left, on his "man chair" leaving me the large couch, where I get a direct view, and he gets an angled one, and where honestly he just gets to  listens to the dialogue.

Last week, a second cup of cappuccino appeared next to mine when I went to sit at the sofa, where my husband was, no newspaper, no book. "Please don't talk and analyze the episode and what is going on until the commercials start because you tend to chatter a lot." he said.    I fell in love again.

Ahh Heart that is VERY similar to what happened in our home. The kids of course are in bed reading by then, till it's time for 'lights out' at 8. The huz would wander in, tinkering with the laptop, while I sat on the couch, enjoying my show in absolute QUIET. He'd ask the odd question during commercial breaks, sometimes piss me off with his snarky comments about ASR's "behavior", but otherwise remained silent through the show, pretending he couldn't hear my gasps, sighs and Awwws. Till I began to notice some low wolf whistles, and mutters of "Nice move" during Rabba Ve moments, and yes I too fell in love all over again. ROFL Now, the discussions come naturally, but I still get a little thrown when he randomly brings it up. LOL

Edited by HeadOverHeels - 19 December 2011 at 12:34am

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

napstermonstershaam91minimuffin86pc_pals

HeadOverHeels Goldie
HeadOverHeels
HeadOverHeels

Posted: 19 December 2011 at 12:33am | IP Logged
Originally posted by zainza

so cute...my situation is also quite similar, my husband and I usually fought over the tv, he for news channels and i for dramas, but since IPKKND, he sits with me quietly and follows the drama although initially he used to pretend he wasn't really watching...lol...but now he even discusses it and just yesterday he questioned me what new info i gathered from the forum regarding IPKKND!!!!

I'm absolutely convinced that men enjoy the show more than we women do. But, they'll never admit it. LOL

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

shaam91

Nazrin IF-Dazzler
Nazrin
Nazrin

Posted: 19 December 2011 at 1:05am | IP Logged
lmao...plz giv me tips as to how did u spoil your man coz i m getting married in a month...i need it badly EmbarrassedLOL

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

shaam91

Peace67 IF-Sizzlerz
Peace67
Peace67

Posted: 19 December 2011 at 1:08am | IP Logged
Awww, that's so sweet of your husband
Arhimaniac IF-Sizzlerz
Arhimaniac
Arhimaniac

Posted: 19 December 2011 at 3:59am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Nazrin

lmao...plz giv me tips as to how did u spoil your man coz i m getting married in a month...i need it badly EmbarrassedLOL

Make him watch the show a few times he will himself get hooked...my husband always complained about me watching soaps and wasting time...since IPKKND he calls me up from work and says...I will be late today please record the episode for me ROFL...also happily listens to and comments on spoilers...LOL
sweetygirl28 IF-Sizzlerz
sweetygirl28
sweetygirl28

Posted: 19 December 2011 at 4:09am | IP Logged
LOL ROFL
We have spread arnaveria  and IPKND addiction everywhere possible ROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFL

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon Topic Index

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index