pc_pals

Posted: 18 December 2011 at 9:47am | IP Logged
Originally posted by HeadOverHeels

Last Month

Me: Can't miss the Maha episode
Husband: WTH is a "Maha Episode?"

Yes, we are not Indian.LOL

Today

Husband: Shouldn't IPK have a  Maha episode coming up soon?

What the...? I've ruined the man. ROFL

Ditto...abt the change of person questioning..

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

HeadOverHeels

CDlove IF-Rockerz
CDlove
CDlove

Posted: 18 December 2011 at 9:55am | IP Logged
awww that is uber cute!! Hope I will find a husband like that!! Someone who would love what I love!!Embarrassed
zainza IF-Dazzler
zainza
zainza

Posted: 18 December 2011 at 10:14am | IP Logged
so cute...my situation is also quite similar, my husband and I usually fought over the tv, he for news channels and i for dramas, but since IPKKND, he sits with me quietly and follows the drama although initially he used to pretend he wasn't really watching...lol...but now he even discusses it and just yesterday he questioned me what new info i gathered from the forum regarding IPKKND!!!!

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

cutepearlHeadOverHeels

napstermonster Goldie
napstermonster
napstermonster

Posted: 18 December 2011 at 10:43am | IP Logged
HeadOverHeels, here is my story:

This is the only Indian soap I watch, and I need pin drop silence, the house in perfect order, and a cappuccino next to me on the sofa before I get my daily "fix." My husband has mocked me since July for it.

For the past two months, however, my husband has been moving closer and closer to the TV-armed with a newspaper or a book, always, to plunge into come commercials, because he's just there for the company, of course. He's  always stayed in the periphery, though, hovering JUST off to the left, on his "man chair" leaving me the large couch, where I get a direct view, and he gets an angled one, and where honestly he just gets to  listens to the dialogue.

Last week, a second cup of cappuccino appeared next to mine when I went to sit at the sofa, where my husband was, no newspaper, no book. "Please don't talk and analyze the episode and what is going on until the commercials start because you tend to chatter a lot." he said.    I fell in love again.

Edited by napstermonster - 18 December 2011 at 10:45am

The following 9 member(s) liked the above post:

cutepearlgilgameshlexaxelUnfinishedSunshine25shaam91renee27Marci--Siva--

shaam91 Goldie
shaam91
shaam91

Posted: 18 December 2011 at 10:50am | IP Logged
Originally posted by napstermonster

HeadOverHeels, here is my story:

This is the only Indian soap I watch, and I need pin drop silence, the house in perfect order, and a cappuccino next to me on the sofa before I get my daily "fix." My husband has mocked me since July for it.

For the past two months, however, my husband has been moving closer and closer to the TV-armed with a newspaper or a book, always, to plunge into come commercials, because he's just there for the company, of course. He's  always stayed in the periphery, though, hovering JUST off to the left, on his "man chair" leaving me the large couch, where I get a direct view, and he gets an angled one, and where honestly he just gets to  listens to the dialogue.

Last week, a second cup of cappuccino appeared next to mine when I went to sit at the sofa, where my husband was, no newspaper, no book. "Please don't talk and analyze the episode and what is going on until the commercials start because you tend to chatter a lot." he said.    I fell in love again.

how awww worthy is that????
:)
u ppl are soo lucky!!*touchwood*

napstermonster

sunaina02 IF-Stunnerz
sunaina02
sunaina02

Posted: 18 December 2011 at 11:06am | IP Logged
Originally posted by xsumi

Originally posted by sunaina02

India . Pakistan  Nepal Bangladesh Sri Lanka -  are all known as "Browns" in NA . Our culture - our music, our movies , our food - known as   brown -music , brown movie etc. etc.

I dont hink hardly anyone will watch our TV unlesshe/she has brown origin.There are many brown who have Indian roots but now from Africa or west Indies or may be in Singapore, Fiji or Brunei - but the basic brown culture is rooted in them

TO ME I DONT THINK THIS IS TRUE
I LIVE IN ENGLAND AND I HAVE FRIENDS THAT ARE SOMALIAN THEY ACTUALLY WATCH INDIAN MOVIES AND HEAR BOLLYWOOD SONG LIKE SHEILA KE JAVANI OR TERI MERI OR JALABIE BAI
SOOO NOWADAYS BOLLYWOOD IS BECOMING MORE POPULAR THAN HOLLYWOOD
BE PROUD OF WHO U ARE
N BOLLYWOOD ROCKS
XXX
First of all do not post in Caps.

Secondly Bollywood is different from Indian TV. I used to live in Russia and Russians are fond of Hindi movies from the days of  Raj Kapoor (1950s). Germans are all gaga over SRK and watch all his movies . IN fact SRK is more popular among non-browns .

if you dont like the word Brown - replace it with South Asian .

I used the word  "hardly"  and never said  noone will watch . So I did not negate out anyone else . I just meant to say they are fewer in numbers.

And why do you think I am not proud of who I am . I do not think you should write like that.

I am proud to be a female.

I am proud to be a mother

I am proud to be a working mother

I am proud of my origin ( Indian Bengali)

I am proud of my husbands country (Bangladesh) who faught for their mother tongue.

I am proud that I  live in Canada which has a very fair social system compared to many other countries

I am proud to have the opportunity to live in different countries and different societies, I have lived in all the worlds - FIRST , SECOND, THIRD.

I am proud that I am a member of India Forum since 2005.

And I am also proud that I am  a fan of BArun SObti  Big smile

Edited by sunaina02 - 18 December 2011 at 11:09am

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

gilgameshnapstermonstershaam91

JennyAvni IF-Rockerz
JennyAvni
JennyAvni

Posted: 18 December 2011 at 11:09am | IP Logged
awww...how cute...
Unfinished Senior Member
Unfinished
Unfinished

Posted: 18 December 2011 at 12:52pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by sunaina02

India . Pakistan  Nepal Bangladesh Sri Lanka -  are all known as "Browns" in NA . Our culture - our music, our movies , our food - known as   brown -music , brown movie etc. etc.

I dont hink hardly anyone will watch our TV unlesshe/she has brown origin.There are many brown who have Indian roots but now from Africa or west Indies or may be in Singapore, Fiji or Brunei - but the basic brown culture is rooted in them

I like what you have written, I am from Fiji but have not lived there in yeons and now live in North America. But I must say I have never heard of Indians being referred to as "browns" in NA. Or anyone else from South Asia for that matter. 

But you are totally right about that fact that only people of Indian origin /culture watch Indian TV. My husband and son (whites) find the soaps ridiculous, while my entire family from fiji are totally hooked on it.

sunaina02

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon Topic Index

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index