Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sunaina02 thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
India . Pakistan  Nepal Bangladesh Sri Lanka -  are all known as "Browns" in NA . Our culture - our music, our movies , our food - known as   brown -music , brown movie etc. etc.

I dont hink hardly anyone will watch our TV unlesshe/she has brown origin.There are many brown who have Indian roots but now from Africa or west Indies or may be in Singapore, Fiji or Brunei - but the basic brown culture is rooted in them

xsumi thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7
Originally posted by: sunaina02

India . Pakistan  Nepal Bangladesh Sri Lanka -  are all known as "Browns" in NA . Our culture - our music, our movies , our food - known as   brown -music , brown movie etc. etc.

I dont hink hardly anyone will watch our TV unlesshe/she has brown origin.There are many brown who have Indian roots but now from Africa or west Indies or may be in Singapore, Fiji or Brunei - but the basic brown culture is rooted in them

TO ME I DONT THINK THIS IS TRUE
I LIVE IN ENGLAND AND I HAVE FRIENDS THAT ARE SOMALIAN THEY ACTUALLY WATCH INDIAN MOVIES AND HEAR BOLLYWOOD SONG LIKE SHEILA KE JAVANI OR TERI MERI OR JALABIE BAI
SOOO NOWADAYS BOLLYWOOD IS BECOMING MORE POPULAR THAN HOLLYWOOD
BE PROUD OF WHO U ARE
N BOLLYWOOD ROCKS
XXX
shaam91 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: xsumi

I LIVE IN ENGLAND AND I HAVE FRIENDS THAT ARE SOMALIAN THEY ACTUALLY WATCH INDIAN MOVIES AND HEAR BOLLYWOOD SONG LIKE SHEILA KE JAVANI OR TERI MERI OR JALABIE BAI
BE PROUD OF WHO U ARE
N BOLLYWOOD ROCKS
XXX

i think you got the worng message..someone asked HOH how come she watches the show if she isnt indian...i think this was an answer to that...i think we are all proud of whatever place we belong to.:)..so that wasnt really necessary...no offence.:)
shybabe thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
hey darling...congrats on the best FF of the week!😉
pc_pals thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: HeadOverHeels

Last Month

Me: Can't miss the Maha episode
Husband: WTH is a "Maha Episode?"

Yes, we are not Indian.😆

Today

Husband: Shouldn't IPK have a  Maha episode coming up soon?

What the...? I've ruined the man. ðŸ¤£

Ditto...abt the change of person questioning..

CDlove thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 8
awww that is uber cute!! Hope I will find a husband like that!! Someone who would love what I love!!😳
zainza thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
so cute...my situation is also quite similar, my husband and I usually fought over the tv, he for news channels and i for dramas, but since IPKKND, he sits with me quietly and follows the drama although initially he used to pretend he wasn't really watching...lol...but now he even discusses it and just yesterday he questioned me what new info i gathered from the forum regarding IPKKND!!!!
napstermonster thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 7
HeadOverHeels, here is my story:

This is the only Indian soap I watch, and I need pin drop silence, the house in perfect order, and a cappuccino next to me on the sofa before I get my daily "fix." My husband has mocked me since July for it.

For the past two months, however, my husband has been moving closer and closer to the TV-armed with a newspaper or a book, always, to plunge into come commercials, because he's just there for the company, of course. He's  always stayed in the periphery, though, hovering JUST off to the left, on his "man chair" leaving me the large couch, where I get a direct view, and he gets an angled one, and where honestly he just gets to  listens to the dialogue.

Last week, a second cup of cappuccino appeared next to mine when I went to sit at the sofa, where my husband was, no newspaper, no book. "Please don't talk and analyze the episode and what is going on until the commercials start because you tend to chatter a lot." he said.    I fell in love again.
Edited by napstermonster - 12 years ago
shaam91 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: napstermonster

HeadOverHeels, here is my story:

This is the only Indian soap I watch, and I need pin drop silence, the house in perfect order, and a cappuccino next to me on the sofa before I get my daily "fix." My husband has mocked me since July for it.

For the past two months, however, my husband has been moving closer and closer to the TV-armed with a newspaper or a book, always, to plunge into come commercials, because he's just there for the company, of course. He's  always stayed in the periphery, though, hovering JUST off to the left, on his "man chair" leaving me the large couch, where I get a direct view, and he gets an angled one, and where honestly he just gets to  listens to the dialogue.

Last week, a second cup of cappuccino appeared next to mine when I went to sit at the sofa, where my husband was, no newspaper, no book. "Please don't talk and analyze the episode and what is going on until the commercials start because you tend to chatter a lot." he said.    I fell in love again.

how awww worthy is that????
:)
u ppl are soo lucky!!*touchwood*
sunaina02 thumbnail
Originally posted by: xsumi

BE PROUD OF WHO U ARE
N BOLLYWOOD ROCKS
XXX

First of all do not post in Caps.

Secondly Bollywood is different from Indian TV. I used to live in Russia and Russians are fond of Hindi movies from the days of  Raj Kapoor (1950s). Germans are all gaga over SRK and watch all his movies . IN fact SRK is more popular among non-browns .

if you dont like the word Brown - replace it with South Asian .

I used the word  "hardly"  and never said  noone will watch . So I did not negate out anyone else . I just meant to say they are fewer in numbers.

And why do you think I am not proud of who I am . I do not think you should write like that.

I am proud to be a female.

I am proud to be a mother

I am proud to be a working mother

I am proud of my origin ( Indian Bengali)

I am proud of my husbands country (Bangladesh) who faught for their mother tongue.

I am proud that I  live in Canada which has a very fair social system compared to many other countries

I am proud to have the opportunity to live in different countries and different societies, I have lived in all the worlds - FIRST , SECOND, THIRD.

I am proud that I am a member of India Forum since 2005.

And I am also proud that I am  a fan of BArun SObti  😃

Edited by sunaina02 - 12 years ago