Posted: 18 December 2011 at 7:35am | IP Logged
Kruthika.N For The Write Up-
- IF COC: All members must follow the IF Code of Conduct at all times. As we are aware that many of you are new to IF, the following link has been provided. Pls refer to it if you have any questions regd the COC. http://india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=4420
- Bashing: Please refrain from abusing/bashing any actors and/or members. It will NOT be tolerated at all. Constructive criticism of any character in the serial is allowed but not direct bashing. If anyone is found bashing any actor or a member of this forum, the Dev Team will have to take strict action against the member in question.
- Appreciation Threads: The main issue in this forum is "Appreciation Threads". We definitely have many of them in this forum, so a request to all fan-groups - please stick to your own appreciation threads and don't get into any sort of fights or personal attacks in each other's appreciation thread.. If any member is posting anything offensive in another Appreciation Thread then instead of counter-attacking that member, simply report the offensive thread and step out of that thread without any arguments. The one who starts the attack is at fault for sure and will face the action but at the same time one who quotes the offensive post and will get into arguments with that member is equally at fault and will also face similar action. So the best way to maintain peace in all the app threads is to stick to your own app threads and make sure you are discussing only about that couple for whom the thread is made and not making fun/sarcastic remarks about some other couple. The Dev Team will be continously watching all the App Threads.
- Discussions on Actors: Recently there have been lots of arguments about whether discussions about the actors are allowed or not. Well one needs to understand that the actors are the ones who make these characters possible so if the discussion sometimes diverts to an actor like appreciating his performance or the actor is coming in some other reality show and one is discussing about it - then its allowed. But at the same time its not really right to keep on discussing about an actor's personal life in a public forum because lets not forget that actors do visit IF and they might find it offensive if we are discussing about their personal life affair. Having said that, tomorrow if a article/video from a valid website comes out about two actors involvement and its posted in the forum and then based on that discussion is done, its very much allowed. Basically just keep discussions on actor's personal lives within limits and only if there is a valid reason. Also in Appreciation Threads one is allowed to discuss about the characters as well as the actors but make sure that members are not unnecessarily creating link-ups between actors in those threads unless you have a valid source/confirmation for it.
- Inappopriate Language/Posts: There have been lots of abusive and hate topics being made in the forum lately, where some really filthy language is being used. Friends, we can understand that sometimes if the story does not go as per our wish, we feel frustrated. But then lets not forget that its a public forum where members of all age groups come here to discuss. So we should make sure that even if we are criticizing the storyline its done in a constructive and civilised manner. From now on such type of abusive/hate topics will be closed straightaway by the Mods without any note.
- Personal Attacks: Please make sure that no one is getting involved in personal attacks among each other in any threads. Yes, we all can have difference of opinions but lets learn to respect each other's POV irrespective of whether we agree to it or not as everyone has the right to speak their mind. This forum consists of different fan groups, some like Veer-Ichha... some like Veer-Tappu... and some like Vansh-Ichha. So its obvious that there will be difference of opinions in almost every thread. But in such case try to have healthy debates among yourselves rather than getting personal with each other. If you don't agree to someone's POV instead of attacking that member ,simply write "I disagree with you because of so and so reason". But try not to get into unnecessary arguments or fights. And if it still happens and you believe the member you are discussing with is trying to attack you then simply report it or PM any one of the mods and step out of that thread instead of continuing to argue over there. Leave it on the mods to take the necessary action. But yes, please try to leave the appreciation threads out of any such debates as they are meant for fan groups to talk about their favorite couples.