Emraan -Vidya to sizzle again in Ghanchakkar ?

Dar_Fitte_Moo thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 14 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 12 years ago

Following the announcement of their third collaborative venture- Ghanchakkar, UTV Motion Pictures and director Rajkumar Gupta had decided to get Emraan Hashmi on-board to essay the male lead in the film.

And now, Mumbai Mirror has learnt that the filmmakers' search for a female lead might just be over. Rajkumar's friend revealed that Emraan's The Dirty Picture co-star Vidya Balan is one of the top names on the list of contenders. 

"There are many reasons for Vidya to agree to do the project. Firstly, she is very fond of Rajkumar after having worked together in No One Killed Jessica and since its release, he has been pursuing the actress to work with him again. With Emraan playing the male lead in Ghanchakkar, Vidya has another reason to do the film. They worked well as an on-screen couple in The Dirty Picture. Finally, Vidya's friendship with UTV's Siddharth Roy Kapur would be a bonus reason for her to take on the project," explained Rajkumar's friend. 

When contacted, Rajkumar admitted his attempts to get Vidya on-board. He told us, "At the moment, I am neither confirming nor denying Vidya's role in Ghanchakkar. She is my first choice. It'd be a delight to get her to try out an entirely new genre. She not only gels well with Emraan, but is also apt for the character."

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Oooh, I hope so! 👍🏼
MOTHERHOOD thumbnail
That would be interesting.Loved Silk-Abrahim.