Charu's Helping Hand Last Tutorial - Pg 72 - Page 32

Posted: 12 years ago
bringing this thread up kyunki ab iski har roz zarurat padhegi 😊 !! waise can anyone tell me how to download videos using Download Application Provider πŸ˜•?? i have downloaded & installed DAP 10 beta but dont know how to use it !!πŸ˜•
@ charu di  wowww i m totally speechless di... well i m the most unlucky i guess ,i m very late to reach this thread "helping hand" ...(cz of my exams) ...But its never too late... ;-)... welll i went thru photoscape n GIMP lessons very welll n tried too...it was very very much helpful... thank u sooo much di " HUGS"... but problm wid my pc PICASA not working
[ showing runtime error] :(((((( now how to remove borders/frames of edited pics or is there any tool that borders will not be added & pics get merge with each other ????( when u will be free answer this di becz ur inactive now take ur own time )
even khushi di & anu thank u too,, u both's tut & tip also helped mee :)

Edited by deepadear - 12 years ago

Hi friends!! I think all are busy in preparing the banner for the contest. πŸ˜ƒ 

Here is a small tutorial about

1. How to prepare .png files in gimp without free select form.

2. How to preapre empty banners in Gimp n Photoscape πŸ˜Š

3. How to insert the .png files into the banner πŸ˜³

If u already know it ignore it. πŸ˜³ 

Here is one more way to make .png images without using 'free select' tool. Though it's not 100% but it really works in photoscape and gimp.

Here we go.  

------------------------------------------------------------

1. Preparing .png Images

1. Open gimp software. I think most of u already have this S/w by now. πŸ˜Š

2. Open / Select the file which u want to convert in to .png format.

3. Now select the eraser tool or brush tool. Do not forget to select the White colour for painting or for eraser tool.

4. Just make an outline for ur image as shown in the image below.

5. Take ur time, but its easy once u start using it. U can zoom in and zoom out if u cant see the image outline clearly.

6. Now just fill the rest of the area with the white colour. And it will appear this way.

7. Now save this file as xxx.png - this step is important.

Step 2: Preparing Empty banners

A: In Photoscape

1. Open Photoscape.

2. Open the page mode.

3. Select any one of the mode as below

4. Now I think u can see the size option there at the top right. Click on the small button over there. U will get this window. Give the values as 728 & 90 as shown and click ok.

5. U will see the below image.

6. Now save this empty image as banner.jpg

B: Making empty banner in Gimp

1. Open Gimp, Click File - New. The below window appears.

2. From the drag and drop button select the option web banner 728 x 90 option and click ok as shown above.

3. Ur empty banner appears. Save it with .jpg extension.

Step 3: Adding .png images to ur banners

In Photoscape

I think u all know how to add images to the banner in photoscape. πŸ˜³

a small example

B. In Gimp

To insert images in to the banner in this; first u have to make ur image background into transparent and scale ur image to 90pixels. 

Hope I won't confuse u in giving the tutorial in this. Here is the procedure.

1. Ur empty banner is already open in the gimp window.

2. Now open the image 1. I opened shashank.png.

3. Now click on the colors option in menu bar as shown in the image and select the option color to alpha.

4. The below window appears. Just click ok. This is what u get. Donot worry seeing ur image.

This is how ur image appears.

5. Now click image option and select scale image as shown below.

6. The below window appears. Just change the height to 90 and click on Scale button.

7. Ur image appears as below. Now select and copy the image ' Ctrl + A (Select) and Ctrl + C(Copy) {I know that u guys already are aware of this shortcuts} πŸ˜³

8. Go to ur banner file which is already open. Just paste it there. This is how it highlights.

9. Now move the image where ever u want. And click to a side so that it fixes there.

The problem with gimp is u cannot move the image easily once u place the image in the banner.

10. Follow the same steps for rest of the images too. 

Hope i didn't confuse u πŸ˜†and this tutorial may help u. πŸ˜³ πŸ˜ƒ

All the very best to all the participants once again. πŸ‘πŸΌ

Edited by vss08 - 12 years ago
@ swetha :
          thanx a ton for this tutorial dear, it's indeed helpful..i tried using gimp but as you said, ek baar picture daalne ke baad use move karana bahut muskil hota hai. can you please give some tips on this ? i wanted to copy-paste my picture at a certain point but it came right inthe middle of the banner..aur phir wahi pe set ho gaya !!

one more thing, in your tutorial, you used white color to outline shanky's pic, took it out and pasted it on the banner. now if i do the same thing using other pictures and then white spaces appear in the banner between the pictures, how to deal with that ?
@ charu :
               can you please change the name of the thread and add swetha's tutorial to it ? πŸ˜›

@swetha
nice tut :)
Edited by BhartiKhushi909 - 12 years ago
thank u Polly! 

i'm glad that it's useful one. ok regarding the white background one. discovered a method to make a complete transparent back ground.  πŸ˜†

it will almost save only the image and not the background. hope it will be useful.

will post the tutorial too by 2moro. hope it will solve the problem. πŸ˜Š

and also will try to give the tips which u asked. πŸ˜³
@ Swetha -- waah ji!!! Good one haan!!! πŸ˜›
ohhooo!!!!!
swetha mata ki ja ho!!!!!!!!

;)

One more way to prepare .png files in gimp.

Open the file u want to convert.

Then u find the 3 tools in the tool bar, Scale, Sheer and Perspective tools.

I know its a silly method and the purpose of these tools are completely different. πŸ˜† 

But it really works πŸ˜³

Select any one of them and just click on the image don't do anything. I selected Sheer tool.

A window appears as below. Just click sheer.

Now select eraser tool and try on an end to see if u r getting transparency background. If yes just go on with the process of erasing all the background except image. As shown below.

After u finish this is what u see.

Just save the file as .png extension.

Now ur png file is ready. πŸ˜ƒ

Hope it will be useful for u. πŸ˜³