Posted: 12 years ago
'Ello! This is my second attempt at an ArHi drabble, last one turned into an FF L0L, i am sure this will remain a oneshot though, Nothing that good. Basic. Give it a try,pleeasse will ya? πŸ˜³

.: Broken Hearts :.

He stood in his sartorial elegance among the crowd of joyous people dressed in a black suit for the occasion of his engagement with Lavanya, which was soon to be called off. His eyes snapped as he noticed she hadn't come down yet. The lights dimmed and focused at the center of the Raizada Hall, soft wedding music issued from the speakers and so began the pomp and dance as the two families- Raizada's and Gupta's shared some bright smiles. He skimmed over the crowd with eager eyes looking for a familiar face, getting uneasy as he failed to spot her, he shifted and turned, his sturdy demeanor slipping away as with eager eyes he searched among the vast sea of people. 
Smiles. Bright. Happy Smiles greeted him. Nani, Di, Mamaji... Shy hesitant smiles of Akash and Payal as the to-be-wedded couple glanced at each other. He could see them all but not her. The music moved to a slower pace and the lights shifted towards the top of the staircase. He visibly relaxed as his angels stood shining bright, sparkling under the spotlight. His eyes found her face and didn't struggle a bit to look away as the smile plastered on her face widened for the world to see, a genuine joy covering the pool of pain hidden in those pearly eyes.
He waned to apologize, wanted to make sure she was fine. Accompanied by the presence of the girl he had snubbed so ruthlessly all this while, they descended down the stairs and sauntered past him towards the center of the hall smiling in false joy. He had his eyes on her brave exterior, a facade she had put on really well, she held her friends hand and danced some more, giggling and laughing as she got a step wrong. How it was hurting him only he knew as he witnessed the smiles of two broken hearts. Angels with broken hearts and wings, snapped by the surly demon he was. He wished he could give them their innocence back, he wished he could take it all back. She found his hard eyes on her and let her smile fall as she faded away into the seeming darkness hoping to shield herself from his eyes, the side of his lips twitched to form a smirk,  how silly of her didn't she know she carried with herself a light of her own. A figure blocked his line of sight, annoyed he turned his attention to the one obstructing his path. Something heaved inside him as he met the sight of her friend, fresh tears cascading down her cheeks, unknowingly he had snubbed her once again. She twirled around slipping into the darkness and his heart ached as he struggled to spot her, his gaze found its way back to his angel once again, she hadn't moved but stayed there bearing witness to her friend's despair. 'Khushi..' he whispered longing to explain. A hint of anger and despair flashed in those pearly eyes as she walked away in search of her friend. He followed her across the hall as they stepped out, away from the celebrations that went on. He stopped by a wall separating them from him, as the angels stood by the shimmering pool side, hugging and  sobbing finding solace in each other's arms. As words of hope and comfort were exchanged, a painful smile made it's way to his lips, as he silently accepted his loss. While they had their bond of friendship and mending hearts, he had lost the two angels in his life, with a broken heart nobody seemed to be aware of, let alone mend, he watched his friend and love shed some more tears for the surly demon, he had been to them.

Short, I knoww..but i just had the urge to pen this, i was hesitant regarding posting it, but well i did πŸ˜† Thanks for reading, Reviews make me feel good πŸ˜³

Love
ZJ
Three hurt souls under one roof! Beautiful!
I'm so glad you posted this. You conveyed their conflicting emotions beautifully. I can see it will be a painful time for both of them when Khushi discovers Lavanya and Arnav are broken up because she will be a loyal friend. Very well written. πŸ˜Š Please do continue to write.
wonderfully potrayed the feelings of arnav,khushi n la...superb OSπŸ‘πŸΌ
Hmmm, something from Arnav's perspective, very interesting.πŸ‘
I enjoyed reading it.β­οΈπŸ‘
Thanks.πŸ˜‰
emotionally beautiful πŸ‘ ... the turning point in the lives of the 3 of them
very well written ... i wish if we get to see something like this ... pain laced with solace

I loved how her friend became his friend too in the end!
you.are.a.genius! 

Need I say more? Every emotion, every move, every feeling expressed so beautifully, I have never read anything like this Zee! You NEED to write more on ArHi! No kidding, your writing has the power to make me feel the emotions! I seriously missed reading your work! Keep writing. I would definitely love to read more <33
when i saw ur pm abt OS i was so happy and eager to read πŸ˜³woww what a OS u penned down it awesomely πŸ‘i love the way u started it and ended superb it direct touched to heart i always love to read ur awesome work keep writing more πŸ€—
Amazing emotions, portrayed beautifully. He is alone, whilst they are one…they can share their pain, but he can't. Well written, great! πŸ‘