Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Ms.SK thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 12 years ago
This is a cooking competition that is why I cannot understand why their personal life should be highlighted. Contestants wants to be a master chef so just get on with cooking instead of pointing out how difficult your life is.  Otherwise this is not fair on all the real chefs in the world who got their jobs on their cooking skills, not on their personal life.
hamzanuha thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: Ms.S.K.

This is a cooking competition that is why I cannot understand why their personal life should be highlighted. Contestants wants to be a master chef so just get on with cooking instead of pointing out how difficult your life is.  Otherwise this is not fair on all the real chefs in the world who got their jobs on their cooking skills, not on their personal life.

I totally agree. No professional will sob out their story. This was a major irritant last season. The runner-up Jayanandan sobbed his way up, right from the selections to the finals. His sad story was told & retold in each & every episode! Agree his was a hard-up story, but still there's a limit.

Though I thought the winner Pankaj was quite arrogant, I liked the fact that she never once shed a tear & her leaving a 15-17 years' teaching job for MC was remarked upon once in a long while.
RatiG thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
I think because if she wins the show then she would be sucessfull and have lots of money and then she can easily prove in court that she can take care of her childrens financially as this is the point which father of the child focuses on...

i pray she wins and get her children back
a.sanju09 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: keep-smiling

even i used to question the same... and my guess is that mostly in divorce cases kids are given to better earning parent... for better upbringing of kids n all... also her daughter is CP... so may be she wants to create her own identity n financially strong position frm the show, so that she can claim the custody of her kids back...

ok now i understand..
TheRager thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4
Originally posted by: Ms.S.K.

Thats true...thats why I appreciate Vijaylakshmi. She is a single mother too...but havent seen her speak her sob story.
I dont understand though how MC will help Shipra get her kids back.
goguma thumbnail
i think in her introduction, she said that she wants to achieve something for herself.

she did not play up to her status, its just that she has a strong will to do well
and her children are what motivates her..

who knows what goes btwn her soon-to-be husband and her,
that makes her lost custody of her children..
maybe he wants her to prove that she can take care of them?

its a diff case where vijaylakshmi is concerned.
she has her daughter with her..
while shipra has lost everything!

she did not divulge the status info in the beginning, its the judge who asked her...

-SweetGirl- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
Originally posted by: goguma

i think in her introduction, she said that she wants to achieve something for herself.

she did not play up to her status, its just that she has a strong will to do well
and her children are what motivates her..

who knows what goes btwn her soon-to-be husband and her,
that makes her lost custody of her children..
maybe he wants her to prove that she can take care of them?

its a diff case where vijaylakshmi is concerned.
she has her daughter with her..
while shipra has lost everything!

she did not divulge the status info in the beginning, its the judge who asked her...

@Bold : Well said.:)
akash08 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: hamzanuha

I totally agree. No professional will sob out their story. This was a major irritant last season. The runner-up Jayanandan sobbed his way up, right from the selections to the finals. His sad story was told & retold in each & every episode! Agree his was a hard-up story, but still there's a limit.

Though I thought the winner Pankaj was quite arrogant, I liked the fact that she never once shed a tear & her leaving a 15-17 years' teaching job for MC was remarked upon once in a long while.

Shading tear is not all..They time and again reminded how she has sacrificed her career and end of the day she was a winner for this reason - she was hardly a good performer.

Coming to the question of why this should be discussed in cooking show - poverty/sorrow sells like nothing else. How can we forget the real reason for Slamdog Millionaire's success?

In recent KBC, they took it to another level. - they brought a widow from Vidarbha whose husband committed suicide out of poverty and enacted the whole story as a soap.. They kept on playing the poverty line in each and every episode, making it a complete package with lotsa emotion.. result? a superhit KBC..

Nothing sells like poverty/exploitation sells in India and that is why time and again these will be sold. It is we viewers who are responsible for it, we buy these emotions, we like it and give them TRP and they sell it to us. 

I like Shipra just because I find her graceful but there is no real reason for anyone to play a sympathy card here, who knows what is the reason behind their divorce, who knows how good a mother she is and more importantly she definitely does not belong to a economically deprived family that we have to conclude she has been exploited.. However, see the result? she is the hot favourite among the viewers, she is immensely popular in facebook and definitely a TRP puller..

Why you expect a soap making business not to stick to a line that works!!
pomegranate thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
I feel that every reality show contestants tries to sell their sob stories, some more then others.  it's the show makers who prompt them to share in the first place but some people uses it to manipulate the audience. Edited by pomegranate - 12 years ago