Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Opti thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 12 years ago
Originally posted by: sunaina02

I do not know about north India, but in Bengal - you  use rice with husk (dhaan) for puja and aarti purpose . You never use the de-husked rice ( chaal) . I

As I said I am not familiar with any hindu rituals and had to use the net knowledge to write what I did here.  The pictures of thali have raw dehusked rice and not the one with husk. Maybe it is a north indian tradition. Since the families are from U.P., I think they would have used the dehusked rice although it is not clear in the video.
sbk2 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Brilliant analysis again Opti!

Actually I think rice is thrown at American weddings too, if I'm not mistaken. 
Opti thumbnail
Originally posted by: MrDarcyfan

Great post as always Opti! I hope that the former two will come true NOT the latter! However, we ALL know the influance of Shyam in RM due to the "Blind faith" that Anjali and Raizada's have in Shyam!

SO, you never know how Snake will use this aganist the Gutpa's! He also knows that Gutpa's can ruin things for him! However, since they decided NOT to tell his truth to the R's and it comes out later, we dont know HOW he will try to twist the truth to suit his ends!

I am REALLY sick of Anjali's blindness and her self rightouse "Presumtion" that Khushi's fiancee broke up with HER, not the other way around! ALSO her self rightouse "Assumption" that she knows what's best for Arnav when HE says he does not want to committ to Lavanya!

This women would not know a fact if it hit her in the face! Every time she comes on screen now, I am cringing!

The longer they maintain their silence, the worse it is going to be and as you said, Anjali assumed that the groom left her and not the other way around. Shyam can twist this in his favour saying that he was emotionally blackmailed into getting engaged to Khushi but his conscience did not permit him to lead a double life which is why he broke up with her. 

I still do not know how he will explain why he lived as a PG in their house when his wife kept waiting for him.  I too wondered why Khushi did not correct Anjali's misconception which hay have come from her own past experience of being left at the alter all those years ago. The only explanation I can come up with is that Khushi does not normally lie and hence would have found it difficult to not reveal the truth once she says that the engagement was broken by her because her fiance was already married. Any cross questions from Anjali would have made her spill the beans. So I guess she decided to hold her tongue and let Anjali assume what she wants.

As far as Anjali insisting that Arnav marries La, I can well understand where she is coming from. She herself has been jilted in the past and more recently she came to know that Khushi's engagement was also broken. Being a woman her sympathies will be with La. She still does not know the reason why Arnav broke up with La. She does not know that he has already developed feelings for Khushi which will make it impossible for a relationship with La or any other girl to work.  She knows that Arnav can be temperamental and she thinks that his resistance to the engagement is also part of his mood swings.  She cannot let his mood swings affect the life of a poor innocent girl. So like a responsible elder sister who wants to prevent her younger brother from committing a mistake he may well regret, she forces him to get engaged.  I wouldn't blame her for it. 
Edited by Opti - 12 years ago
Opti thumbnail
Originally posted by: sbk2

Brilliant analysis again Opti!

Actually I think rice is thrown at American weddings too, if I'm not mistaken. 

I do not know about American weddings.  All I know is that they throw confetti in western weddings.
sweetygirl28 thumbnail
wow that was really good interpretation..

missed ur posts for quiet some time opti.. :)
SStephy thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Thanks for the rice symbolism !!

There was something else I thought of when I watched that scene..

Anjali performs the aarti to welcome Payal and Gupta family. But this was hindered because she forgot the rice.  I wonder does that mean at sometime in the future, Payal and the Gupta family won't be welcomed by the Raizadas (probably due to some misunderstanding caused by Shyam).

And only when Shyam brings the rice, she is able to complete her welcoming. Maybe only when Shyam's truth is exposed, Anjali and the Raizadas would be able to fully welcome the Guptas/Payal into their family. And like you said, this truth would also eventually help Anjali to be born again and start a new life. 
Opti thumbnail
Originally posted by: S.Stephy

Thanks for the rice symbolism !!

There was something else I thought of when I watched that scene..

Anjali performs the aarti to welcome Payal and Gupta family. But this was hindered because she forgot the rice.  I wonder does that mean at sometime in the future, Payal and the Gupta family won't be welcomed by the Raizadas (probably due to some misunderstanding caused by Shyam).

And only when Shyam brings the rice, she is able to complete her welcoming. Maybe only when Shyam's truth is exposed, Anjali and the Raizadas would be able to fully welcome the Guptas/Payal into their family. And like you said, this truth would also eventually help Anjali to be born again and start a new life. 

That is a good observation Stephy. Yes, the absence of rice stalled the puja and an incomplete picture of the truth can well hinder the relationship of the Raizadas and the Guptas.  The full revelation of Shyam's truth is needed to complete the integration of the two families.
-TomNJerry- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Thanks! This is beautiful and indepth.

No matter how much venom Sham's touch might have ... but eventually rice sprinkles shall always symbolize prosperity and blessings. 

Jordin thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Excellent symbolism! 👏

I thought there was something queer about that scene, and you have aptly cleared that doubt. 

Thank you. 😃

-Appy- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
very nice Opti...was missing reading your symbolism posts!
keep it coming!