Bigg Boss Season 5

Bigg Boss sending criminals to preach

Posted: 12 years ago
The whole concept of Bigg Boss is that contestants are completely isolated from the outside world, this means that they have no access to the outside world in any form, and neither are they given any outside information that may influence their behaviour.  The role of a host is to host, they are supposed to be neutral and impartial, even if they may have their own personal likes and dislikes, they are not there to admonish, belittle or guide anyone.  Contestants are supposed to figure things out for themselves, change should come from within, not from the outside.

Anyone who is famililar with Big Brother, will know that the host stays out of house politics, infact the only interaction they have with the contestants is when it comes to annoucing the evictee, there is no vtv bollocks.  Bigg Boss on the other hand is completely incompetent at running this show, they constantly meddle with the happenings of the house, providing the housemates with information that changes their behaviour, and this time they sent a murderer to impart lessons in good and bad behaviour, absolutely ridiculous.

As for Salman, this show isn't made solely for the pleasure of your mother, or anyone elses for that matter, there is a reason why this show is aired after watershed hours, because it may contain use of language and behaviour which is unsuitable for younger viewers, and if you are too tired to watch fights on this show at the alloted time schedule, you are free to tune into any of the religious channels. 

Instead of asking people not to fight, which is inevitable when you have a bunch of people stuck inside a house for 2 months,why don't you ask the editing team to cut out all the arguments, fights, altercations, and just show the contestants sitting around twiddling their thumbs, doing jack all... that way you'll be able to watch the show peacefully at 10:30pm.
Edited by CunningLinguist - 12 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ShahZur thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
they were in jail to kill a deer , i think !!!
Whatisthisss thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
exactly, very well said.. and after watching big brother last season this bb really does seem like trash lol .. they hv abs. no concept of following the rules whatsoever be it for nom process, captaincy or whatever it may be... and so much outside influence [via hosts, family members] really ruins the orig concept of bb.

and after today, i think all housemates shd just go mute frm now on.. we'll see how much content bb gets then and where their trps go... they can then thank sallu for this. Edited by an0n - 12 years ago
-Moderator- thumbnail
What a double faced attitude by Channel and sallu both. 🤔

First they invite controversial celebs like Sky, PM, sid onto their show knowing their terrible record in other reality shows. And after using all their fights for TRPs, now suddenly they ask them to stop and behave nicely with each other. Come on ! If you did not want fights, why did get these controversial celebs on the show ? Why did not you take more raageshwari and Gulabo sapera kind of people ? 😳

And Bigg Boss does not know how to use his privileges and authority. Not a single time, he punished any of the housemates after any dirty fight. Nobody even felt presence of Bigg Boss so they continued to ignore him and took him for a ride.🐷   So Salman Khan (who shows up once in blue moon), suddenly decides to enter into house and teach everyone a lesson of  humanity . How absurd !!! 😕

Except Amar and Sid, I don't think anyone really gave a damn about what sallu said. They were just quite coz sallu is powerful entity in entertainment world and he can turn childish and spoil everyone's career (Like vivek Oberoi ). So sallu is more powerful than bigg boss himself now ?

Why did Sanju not enter the house ? Sanju is regular host and knows more about whats happening than Salmaan. But sallu being sallu, can't control his emotions and wrongly uses his star status !

Edited by -Moderator- - 12 years ago
its called tit for tat, i know truth hurts 
ceejay thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
very disappointed with how BB5 has turned out.
i have watched all seasons of BB.  its the only Indian tv show i see.

BB should stop getting superstar hosts

Arshad Warsi was the best host - he was witty and sincere, committed time to watch all uncensored stuff too and always knew what exactly was going on.
aakash1234 thumbnail
exactly what I was thinking. .. its too much baggage for the contestants to talk to a superstar host.. they cannnot be themselves infront of them.. they have to filter their words.. which is not what the show is about. people keep saying Salman is a better host because he shows the participants 'their place'.. But IMO u don't get a natural reaction when some body of that influence is talking down on you .. I want Sky to be his usual self even when talking to the hosts.. I don't want him to be scared because of the influence of the hosts.. If walking out while talking to a host is his way of dealing then let him do that.. why should he keep sitting if he does not want to? its not like he is breaking any rule... Indian bigg boss seems more about the hosts than about the participants.. constantly advicing the housemates on how to behave, forcing their opinion without giving enough chance to explain.. insulting the housemates, threatining the housemates. showing their stardom upon the housemates..
the 200 crore reality show has gone down the gutter to feed the ego of an arrogant host. .
return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
I'm not surprised. Every format adapted for Indian television channels seems to add unnecessary kitsch and crap. For some reason it seems heightened histrionics followed by some lame arse preaching is what sells on Indian television (All reality shows and Ekta drama follow the histrionics + bhashans format).

I knew these type of shows were known for their fights, but I didn't know they just locked up a bunch of selfish, moronic hooligans to claw at each other. Thoroughly disappointed with all the house mates and the show process. The guidos of Jersey Shore seem to have more class and brains.

Want a good entertaining show, put a bunch of diverse, interesting people together who will clash sometimes and create tension, but  get over it soon to provide some funny laughs, conversations etc. You won't need to intervene as much if you put people with spines and IQs in the first place.
taurus27 thumbnail
Idiots like Sky were thinking that they are ordained by God by to do what they want., It was high time they needed a reality check and thats what Salman did. It is amusing to see Skys fans jumping up and down in rage 😆
neutrino thumbnail

Some of the comments that Salman made were just out of place. He mentioned to Andrew that how this house is much better than a jail and what would these people do if they go to a jail. Well they are here in the show just for providing entertainment the format of which is based on people's interactions with each other when they are put in a closed place for a long time. Many things that they do are keeping in mind the cameras that are capturing their actions/reactions. To judge their behavior based on that doesn't make much sense. To say that what would they do if they go to a jail makes no sense. A jail is a place where criminals are put to punish them for their crimes and possibly correct their bahavior. Why would anyone have go to a jail if they don't commit any crimes. 

But these are the kind of analogies that you get when you have two hosts who have been behind the bars for their criminal actions.