I cried during the coal scene today!

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 12 years ago
Friends, a few days back I had written about how angry I am at Vidya for acting like a permanent victim but I couldn't stop myself from crying for her during the coal scene. When a man and a woman become parents, they are supposed to make an unsaid promise to God to always protect their child from all harm. And Vidya's parents just stood there and were ready to let Vidya walk on the burning coal for no fault of hers... Vidya kept looking at her parents with pleading eyes but those two didn't budge!

I was so so angry at her dad for doing this to his daughter and even more at the mother because she knew the truth and still chose to remain quiet. I also felt angry at Vidya all over again - her dad had given her yet another chance to get out of this hell by telling her that he would stop all this if she could tell him if there was another reason she wasn't conceiving and Vidya once again like a martyr, remained quiet and chose to remain the victim.

I'm angry at all three of those people and I'm so grateful to the show for showing this sensitive but real issue on TV. Trust me, this does happen in real life too...

That was very well done. Great job by the show for portraying in such an empathetic manner  something which unfortunately is a reality for many.  
Enough of Vidya and her pathetic role scenes. How long will they prolong her track.? Gaurav also look stale now. Creatives should take one stand or other. Either they should support gay issue or deny it by their narration. Why double standards?
Aditya is proving himself a dumb fellow. He has no clue what to do with his role. He has become monotonous. Uttara and Brahma's affair  also looks like it will go on forever as it gives spice to the show.
Priya's identity is gone and she became just a show piece in the Jhakar house.
No wonder Maryada's TRP are gone down.
These criticisms are not fair. Not all characters can lead at the same time, each has had or will have time to shine. Vidya's story needs to be told, many women may relate to her. The producers have tailored this show for a select audience who care about these issues and not for general entertainment, so TRPs don't matter or should not matter.

More than double-standard, they are trying to portray the complexities surrounding the topic of homosexuality and the characters involved. Being the first such depiction of this kind, they've done a pretty good job so far!

I just finished watching the subbed episode.  My eyes teared up a bit watching that last scene of Vidya near the fire about to walk.

Edited by *Shruti* - 12 years ago
yesss i also cried in the last scene by seeing vidya 😭 she is amazingly good her eyes says it all👏brilliant performance👏
😭

I always felt for Vidya and liked her for supporting Gaurav. I am not getting that feeling anymore. She had brought this pain on herself and somewhere, though it's cruel, she deserves all the pain for holding on to Gaurav; for so long.

At the end of the day; her character is turning out to be very selfish; for wanting Gaurav, to love her. I agree, Gaurav ruined her life, but I am getting a feeling that she is doing the same to Gaurav. She had an opportunity to walk out of that marriage and settle with any man or Cheenu (I don't care who she settles with because she has lost my respect, Sorry).

Gaurav and Karan had planned before to leave India and settle somewhere, where their relationship is respected and Vidya just ruined it all. 

In the ME when Gaurav hugged Vidya and she didnt hug him back, it felt like she was finally letting go. As she said to Karan she now knows Gaurav only loves him and can never love her. So it seems she has accepted the reality of their relationship and that little bit of hope she had that Gaurav would one day love her back has gone too.
Tonights epi should let us know which direction her life is heading, will she stay with her parents or return back to Jakhar house ❓

yeh same here, i was crying and cursing her parents