Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
Originally posted by: SmokingDreams

Updating in an hour. :) 

is it possible to say d exact time???🤔😃
chainreaction. thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
you always say one hour and then you disappear and don't update till like 5 hours :(
UPDATE NOW BACCHIII ðŸ¤£ðŸ¤£ðŸ¤£ðŸ¤£
cant.be.assed. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
^^My exact thought :|
..Zahra.. thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 2

Waiting for the update...😃

fanAR thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Res<3

unknown. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail
abandoned thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7
Super sorry but IF wasn't opening for me the whole of yesterday night. I stayed till 1 to check. I am sholly. Its not so long. But I will give something more tonight.

p a r t 18

Armaan didn't move his eye lid till after 7. And when Nikhil woke him up out of fear of feeling guilty later for not calling him sooner, Armaan's bones were paining badly, owing to his support-less sleep in the hospital bench.

"Sir, he is awake," informed Nikhil, keeping his face as calm as can be.

If Armaan had any remains of drowsiness in him, it vanished into thin air as soon as his head perceived Nikhil's words.  He excused himself to use the washroom.  He spilt cold water upon face, bending over the sink. As the cool of it refreshened his senses, his head trailed to yesterday.  The sight of her happy and unaware that so many things were revolving her and that she was the target of a wanted dangerous mind made his sick. The fact that her possible shooter was in there awaiting him for interrogation made his clench his fist tighter. He knew he was close to this and if that guy was going to play with him, then he knew by the end of the day, a bullet would be less in Armaan's pistol. He had to calm himself before he got in there because if not him, no one could. Everyone would rather suffer suspension than be caught digging into Burt's records. He stared at his own face as he inhaled and exhaled, with each breath calming his senses and the remnants of her smell clouding his head.

When he confirmed that he was good to go, he found the case file that was logged yesterday itself and walked to private ward, signalling the guard in there. He didn't need anyone poking in his head when he was questioning someone. At least not today.

"Your name is Gaurav Kayna?" he asked, keeping an unwavering eye contact with him. He was sitting on the bed and excepting for the bandage on his leg, he seemed capable of protecting himself. Armaan hated to see that kind of a confidence in a potential killer.

"So?" said Gaurav calmly. Armaan gritted his teeth but didn't show it. He had seen players like this one before. He knew well that they needed to be broken down bit by bit and not taken as a whole.

"It means I named a shooter who might have caused a disaster," he said. He was standing beside the bed and he no longer needed the file. He had the file by heart.

"Shooter? Me?" asked Gaurav, who would have done a pretty good job of convincing any other police officer with his acting skills.

"You really want me to explain?" asked Armaan, his voice masking the fierceness of his insides.

"Of course! I am not the shooter, here. You shot me," said Gaurav. Armaan didn't reply. Wow, Burt really does know how to choose his players, he thought. "I deserve compensation and explanation."

Armaan paused for a second, gathering his wits.

"So you are saying that you are not the one throwing bullets at Starbucks yesterday evening," Armaan started circling around the bed.

"Damn right," said Gaurav.

"Okay!" Armaan said, making an action plan in his head. " But can you tell me why you were running, because that is the reason you got shot in the first place?"

"Sure, I thought you were that loan shark from whom I borrowed money. I had to escape, didn't I?" Gaurav laughed at his own lame joke. And he has planned everything.

"Aah! That would also explain a piece of your torn pant, wouldn't it?"

"I suppose so."

"Hmm. Can I get the name of this loan shark?"

"Erm. His name is something that ends it with Shukla. I don't know his first name."

"Um. You took money from him without knowing his name?"

"Well. I needed it badly. I didn't stop to think about him at the time."

"All right!  What did you use the money for?"

"That's a bit personal."

"Are you sure you don't want to tell? I am just asking."

"Excuse Me! What I do with my money is my freakin business."

"Listen! If you want your name in this case, you got to tell me, no matter what." Armaan stared at Gaurav, his eyes flaring.

"Okay! I took it for umm for my sister's wedding."

Armaan stopped to digest that. He can't lie about a girl, can he? But right now, he didn't have much to dig except that he needed more evidence. For all he knew, this guy must be tight with believable and vouchable stories. No, he needed time and for now he had to buy it.

"Fine! I am done for now. Take care and don't leave till I get back to you."

"Sure, sir" said Gaurav, with pure victory on his face.

Nikhil awaited him on the outside.

"Sir?"

"That guy is one hell of a player," reported Armaan, adding in a few more details of the interview. "I will talk to Rahul and ask him to keep the guy around the hospital for some time."

"What if he leaves against medical advice?"

"Nah! He is not going to take any chance of rousing suspicion."

Nikhil nodded.

"Run down his name. Check if he has a sister who had a wedding recently. Okay?"

"Sir." And Nikhil trotted off.

Armaan sighed, thinking of his next step. It was blank on his head. There was nothing he could possibly work on until he had something solid on the sister. So he decided to go home and spent the Saturday morning with his dad. 

Likes and comments?

Guys, do take note: I am not sending PMs for updates of this FF. I am not finding any difference in my comments or likes. I know my lovely readers are here before they receive PMs and I don't think it should a problem for others too. I might sound rude but this is it and I will write for those few readers. I have no intention of advertising my FF anymore and begging so many likes anymore because it damn well sucks when things are active for the next one part and then its back to normal. I have crossed that limit. PMing will now be done only for other works. Super sorry if anyone is hurt, but do understand my stand too.

Love ya,

Amal

Edited by SmokingDreams - 12 years ago
abandoned thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7
Reserved for Geet dii.

Hey Amal...woww just love the update yaar...My My Armaan and his interrogation...mazza aa gaya...That Gaurav is a hard nut too crack...But Hamara Armaan Kisi se kam hai kya...I am sure Armaan will do something for that Gaurav also...Love his interrogation style yaar..Totally Filmy...But hey The part is so small...really want to read long one...and as far as ur PM decision concern toh well baby, I am toh always here so really don't need PM for ur work...You just write my baby...hum apne aap pahunch jayenge usse read karne ke liye...Now toh I am  waiting for next part...So try to continue soon...And yaar I really love you for always reserving my place...It really means for me...take care

Lots of Love

Geet

Edited by SmokingDreams - 12 years ago