LimitLessFan
LimitLessFan

Posted: 17 December 2011 at 4:52am | IP Logged

Balan should be in all Khan's surname

• December 17, 2011 
  • By Krutika Behrawala 
  • BNS
  • Balan should be in all Khan's surname

Vidya is glowing these days. After all, The Dirty Picture is her fourth consecutive success after Paa, Ishqiya, and No One Killed Jessica

Post the success of The Dirty Picture, Ekta Kapoor has said that you should now be known as Vidya Balan Khan. Comment.
    (Laughs) Or you could say that all the Khans should have Balan in their surnames.

This is your fourth consecutive success. Do you consider yourself 'No.1' in terms of a performing actress?
    I feel very blessed that I have got very good films and directors who brought out the best in me. The credit goes to them. When you are backed by a producer like Ekta, who makes sure that the world and his father sees the film, it's fantastic. But I have never been part of the race and I am still standing by myself.

Is The Dirty Picture special in your list of films?
    I am just very, very happy that I have been able to do the kind of films that I have. I achieved critical and commercial success before, but TDP is a landmark in many ways, not just for me and that is why I feel very, very humbled.

Do you feel that men will start falling for curvaceous women now?
    They have always liked them. I don't know why women always want to undermine themselves and become smaller and smaller. Celebrate yourself the way you are.

Kareena may get dirtier than you did in The Dirty Picture.
    (Laughs) No one can get dirtier than this. They will make a Heroine but they won't be able to make The Dirty Picture.

With the success of No One Killed Jessica and The Dirty Picture this year, are actress-oriented films back on the radar of Bollywood?
    What we have realised is that a good film works. Earlier, heroine-oriented films were a little more serious or very heavy, so they were not really entertaining. Today, especially with a film like TDP, that gap has been bridged. A well-told story will always be appreciated, whether you have a man or a woman as a protagonist.

While there is a professional high with two successes, are you in a happy phase personally also?
    I can't draw a line and say professionally I am happy and personally... I am happy that TDP has done so well. Today, I can assure you that the glow is only because of the film. I am feeling really dirty (laughs).

After watching your movie, people are also saying that the female Emraan Hashmi is Vidya Balan.
    (Laughs) That's not a bad thought. If in every aspect, women are on par with men, then why not here as well?

According to Sonakshi Sinha, while everyone else is a heroine, you are a hero.
    Sonakshi is very kind and generous. I got to do a film where Silk is the hero, but I can't take the credit for that. There are a lot of heroes in this film.

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

Mizz_Sunshin32directglittersbamboocopterTerenaina

TheMummy_LeAbba IF-Rockerz
    TheMummy_LeAbba
    TheMummy_LeAbba

Posted: 17 December 2011 at 5:22am | IP Logged
    like the sound 
    imagine 
    SRK balan 
    Salman khan Balan 
    Amir khan balanLOL
    smarie IF-Rockerz

Posted: 17 December 2011 at 6:29am | IP Logged
    THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.
    VishaD. IF-Addictz
    VishaD.
    VishaD.

Posted: 17 December 2011 at 6:39am | IP Logged
    Kareena may get dirtier than you did in The Dirty Picture.
    (Laughs) No one can get dirtier than this. They will make a Heroine but they won't be able to make The Dirty Picture.

Kareena, take note of this Wink
    bamboocopter IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 17 December 2011 at 7:27am | IP Logged

Neetu_Unleashed IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 17 December 2011 at 7:32am | IP Logged

FakeLove IF-Stunnerz
    FakeLove
    FakeLove

Posted: 17 December 2011 at 7:33am | IP Logged
    she hasn't worked with any of da 3 big khans in a fully fledged movie eh? yet she's da best female actor in business! that's pretty impressive

khudos to balan!!
    Real.Madrid IF-Sizzlerz
    Real.Madrid
    Real.Madrid

Posted: 17 December 2011 at 7:39am | IP Logged
    But I still prefer the Khan films over yours anyday Miss Balan -__-

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

rose-girl

• Page 1 of 1

Go to top