Sorry... :-)

Originally posted by: zafi

Awesome update.πŸ‘ Loved it.

Thanks a lot...
Thyme thumbnail
Engager 3 Thumbnail Engager 2 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 12 years ago
Originally posted by: Nici0306

wow.. that was nice... i wouldn't have expected arnav to behave this way even to the imaginary khushi... good one...

Thanks...with imaginary people around, how a person would behave would be really fun to watch...that was the goal here...

Originally posted by: littlemoi

lovely update!!

Thank you...

Originally posted by: naishu

i love your writing style! its aweome! call you please pm

malluangel

when you update?
its my realy account, im just trying to get posts on this one so i can put up a banner for our ff πŸ˜†

Thanks a lot...I will PM you...

Originally posted by: dumas

won't it be funny if its the real khushi awesome update how could you stop there loved it thanks for the pm

Thank you...Nope...Imaginary Khushi :-)
Thyme thumbnail
Originally posted by: bookadict303

Continue soon :)

Yes...

Originally posted by: monkeydog18

I have a feeling Khushi is reality. Hopeful na?!! Thanks for pm. And atleast Arnav knows he loves Khushi even if she's imaginary.

No, she isn't...Guess he does :-)

Originally posted by: annie.shona

hey gr888 ff.. 

continue soon

and plzzz add me to the pm list.. 

Thank you...

Originally posted by: slgirl

uhmm..really? Its imaginary?? πŸ˜• I am still not sure about that..😳

Yes she is... :-)
Thyme thumbnail
Originally posted by: ivre

Reality be damned

To be honest, I dont really like all those imaginary living beings shown on the TV, but this one was okay. I liked the content and love dialogues. Quite true and ironical at the same time.

I don't like imaginary ones either. But I guess I wanted to try once anyway...Yes...its irony and truth at the same time...

Originally posted by: christmas

lovely story!...you write superbly!...like the arnav and khushi you've created...quite sorted and calmed and collected. much as the last update was as well. terrible place to stop!...makes me wonder if she really was an imagination or not.

update soon!

Thank you...All dreams must come to an end :-) She was imaginary...

Originally posted by: srahs

amazing

loved it

thankx for pm

Thank you...

Originally posted by: desisweetheart9

Thanks for the PM. Loved the conversation they had. Lovely.

Thank you...
Thyme thumbnail
Originally posted by: mollycoddle

simply fabulous

Thank you...

Originally posted by: Alini.

Nice one..
Continue soon..

Thank you...

Originally posted by: SiRul

It was so peacefull enjoyed ittt

thanks fr the pm

Thank you... you re welcome...

Originally posted by: malluangel

that was awesome! i just read the whole thing, loved it! please pm me!

Thank you...will PM you...sure...
Thyme thumbnail

Chapter 6: Introducing the green-eyed monster

"Khushi...wake up! It's already..." Payal stopped when she saw her sister braiding her hair, dressed for work. Once in city, Khushi had taken up a job to cover finances and Payal supported her aunt at home thus the two sisters helped their bit around the house.

"You are awake?" Payal asked surprised. "And already ready to go to work?"

"I couldn't complete my work last night. I was feeling hungry and tired so I came home without completing it. So I am going in early to finish it. Or else La ma'am will skin me alive," Khushi made a face as she complained about her boss. Payal giggled at her sister's antics but a moment later her smile fell.

"I'll whip something up for you quickly okay? Eat before you leave," she said and hurried towards kitchen. Khushi finished braiding her hair hurriedly and ran to kitchen to stop her sister.

"It's okay, I will eat something at office cafeteria. The food is not so bad there, you know?" She said pacifying her sister. Payal searched her sister's face for hints of disappointment but she didn't find any. She finally nodded.

"Okay then. I am going to run before aunty comes in and asks me gazillion questions. Not to mention a sermon about how wrong everything about me is, compared to you." Khushi said. She buzzed around the house searching for a specific hair tie, hair ornament, and bangles to complete her look. Though Payal had smiled at the comment, she knew that her aunt was at times unfair to her younger sister.

Khushi, a vibrant individual, lived and loved her life to the fullest and took up half their father's responsibilities back in town. She was extremely smart and picked up subjects quite fast thus becoming an eyesore to many boys in town. Their aunt however had a hangover about Khushi not being related to them by blood; though Khushi revered everyone in her family more than herself.

Payal never understood the discrimination that her aunt and sometimes even her mother did to Khushi and she never really had gotten a straight answer from either of them.

--------- >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> ---------

"Are you trying to win 'Employee of the Month' award?" Khushi looked up. Arnav was standing by her desk bemused by her perpetual presence in his personal haven.

"And of all the people in this company, you are competing with me," she looked up and replied with a smile.

"You seem awfully confident of winning that award," he stalled. He knew he was stalling and she knew it too; not that she was complaining about it.

"Oh I do, actually. I am totally confident on winning," she twirled the pen between her fingers and leaned back on her chair.

"I generally love confidence in a woman but your confidence doesn't seem to be in the right direction," he said swallowing a smile. He liked this light heart banter. After knowing her for several months it was probably the first time they weren't arguing or speaking in loud voices.

"Oh pish-posh, said the scary little cat. You are only worried about losing Mr. Arnav Raizada," she said haughtily. He chuckled.

"Yeah, right." He rolled his eyes at her. A moment later both chuckled together.

He realized that he liked the sound of them laughing together and the picture of her smiling wanly. He had woken up little confused and a run in with his grandmother had made his mood sour. Morning already seemed like a distant memory and the girl sitting in front of him offered him a key to his mental asylum.

"Have a nice day Arnav," she said fully knowing that she was using his name and not calling him 'sir'.

"Have a nice day Khushi," he said and walked towards his cabin.

Something had shifted between them the previous night and they had decided to deal with it the way both wanted to. He had decided to shed his inhibition a little in front of her and she had decided to embrace her restlessness and had plunge right into it.

Who knew that right at the core of restlessness was serenity?

"You actually finished it," Lavanya looked at the stack of papers on her desk and thumbed through them. Her surprise was evident on her face.

"Yes ma'am. I worked till late into night and came back in early today morning and finished it Well, I finished it as much as I could," Khushi replied.

"This is impressive work Khushi," Lavanya said grudgingly. She wasn't the one who handed out compliments easily and it was most rare to do so for a subordinate.

"Thank you," Khushi replied happily.

"But I do have to ask you this," Lavanya's voice called her out as she was walking away from her cabin. Khushi turned around and looked at her in question.

"You don't have the education or the experience to come up with something so clean and quite accurate. I don't disregard the fact that you are quite intelligent but..." she trailed. Khushi didn't know how to answer.

"I had help," Khushi replied.

"Who helped you that late in the night?" Lavanya's voice stopped her. Khushi sighed. She contemplated on lying about the whole thing but her conscience didn't allow her to do so.

"ASR." Khushi replied and walked away from Lavanya's cubicle without waiting to hear her response.

Had she waited, she would have seen the fleeting look of jealousy and anger directed towards her.

Lavanya didn't confront Khushi immediately. Before she did, she wanted to know how involved ASR was in this. She had seen the odd glances he threw in Khushi's direction which had now developed into a soft corner. Before this went any further, she decided to cut it short.

"This is really nice," Lavanya gushed as she sipped red wine in a newly opened French restaurant. She had said in passing during a meeting earlier that day to ASR that she wanted warm food and good wine for a change. He had immediately asked his secretary to book a table for them that evening. She was pleasantly surprised at his behavior. He was looking much calmer, less angry and his eyes had a tinge of smile in them, as if they contained memories of happiness.

"Food was really good," he replied breathing slowly. He always enjoyed Lavanya's company and she was one of the very few people with who he could tolerate spending an entire evening or even an entire day. They were alike in their choices, the society they moved in, food they liked and wine they preferred. They were accomplished, smart and had confident in everything they did.

Yet he felt something was missing that evening.

"It was quite nice of you to help Khushi last night," Lavanya said as the waiter finished refilling her glass of wine.

"She was struggling to understand something and I was around. I just showed her what was wrong and after that she figured out everything on her own," he said wondering why Lavanya was interested in this little bit of information.

"That's all?" She asked not believing it to be entirely true. He wasn't in a mood to explain everything he did so he had summed it all in a sentence.

"Yes Lavanya. That's all there is to it. Khushi is quite smart which honestly came as a surprise given how she could do these things with very little input from external sources," he said with his lips giving away a smile at the thought of the girl.

Lavanya was taken aback at the subtle compliment to Khushi; the girl with minimalistic talent had managed to catch the eye of someone like ASR.

"Maybe you should utilize her potential more in this direction rather than the mundane tasks of photocopying or getting your coffee, don't you think?" ASR asked her. She didn't miss the glint in his eyes.

He wasn't asking.

It was an order.

She nodded mutely and controlled her anger.

This wasn't over.

(TBC)

Edited by Thyme - 12 years ago
--Nargis-- thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
So, Lavanya is getting jealous...hmmm...But Arnav is to dumb to pick up on that.  So now poor Khushi will face the wrath of a jealous boss...not good.   I am thinking that La will deliberately set up Khushi for failure...and perhaps Arnav will come to know... and do something about it!!πŸ˜› Edited by --Nargis-- - 12 years ago
dumas thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
awesome update love the nok nok between the two off them la is going to cause trouble love it thanks for the pm

slgirl thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
yay! Arnav is changing!!! πŸ˜Š and I am loving it!
monkeydog18 thumbnail
Ow Arnav building up on the soft corner!! And their civil conversation in the beginning loved it!! Thanks for pm