ArHi SS: Vertigo - Completed [Sequel link on Page 1] - Page 62

Posted: 9 years ago
Meh. You aren't spamming. We are having a conversation. IF fails to differentiate between unnecessary posts and a conversation. No worries, we are good.

Ah, my favorite story: Infinity in the palm of your hands: http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=1166105
[Epilogue is pending but isn't necessary to understand]

Its just two characters talking and they talk about zillion things. I am not the same person who wrote that ages ago but some elements still remain.

It isn't angst. I am not a fan of angst but it makes up for a great writing exercise. And I really don't write angst contrary to popular opinion :=)
Originally posted by Thyme

Meh. You aren't spamming. We are having a conversation. IF fails to differentiate between unnecessary posts and a conversation. No worries, we are good.

Ah, my favorite story: Infinity in the palm of your hands: http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=1166105
[Epilogue is pending but isn't necessary to understand]

Its just two characters talking and they talk about zillion things. I am not the same person who wrote that ages ago but some elements still remain.

It isn't angst. I am not a fan of angst but it makes up for a great writing exercise. And I really don't write angst contrary to popular opinion :=)

I wasnt even thinking of IF. I was thinking of you. If at any point in time you think I am rambling (I tend to digress a lot) or spamming, do let me know, ok? It is your thread first.

I like Blake, I like Frost. Love seeketh not itself to please/And builds a Heaven in Hell's despair... Love seeketh only self to please/ And builds a Hell in Heaven's despite and The woods are lovely, dark and deep/ But I have promises to keep/ And miles to go before I sleep/ And miles to go  before I sleep are my fav lines by these two respectively.

I should stop digressing. Yeah, I like Blake, I like Frost. But I cant stand Armaan, KSG or DMG... Mai yeh kaise padhu? 😭 If you ever repost it with ArHi or no names, then I shall defo read it. I would so love to read it par mai aisi hi hoon.

Sorry for my rant
Originally posted by Rasgulla_sp

I wasnt even thinking of IF. I was thinking of you. If at any point in time you think I am rambling (I tend to digress a lot) or spamming, do let me know, ok? It is your thread first.

I like Blake, I like Frost. Love seeketh not itself to please/And builds a Heaven in Hell's despair... Love seeketh only self to please/ And builds a Hell in Heaven's despite and The woods are lovely, dark and deep/ But I have promises to keep/ And miles to go before I sleep/ And miles to go  before I sleep are my fav lines by these two respectively.

I should stop digressing. Yeah, I like Blake, I like Frost. But I cant stand Armaan, KSG or DMG... Mai yeh kaise padhu? 😭 If you ever repost it with ArHi or no names, then I shall defo read it. I would so love to read it par mai aisi hi hoon.

Sorry for my rant

Ah, that's too bad. No worries. Maybe one day I will post ArHi version..
I am going to echo Saiyu's point here. Vertigo has something elementally magnetic about it. Maybe it is the inherent simplicity that only beautiful prose can bring to a story. And though you have written stories that are more real, way more intricate in detail and complex in plot and character - this one remains right on top of RB and Avatars write list!. I come back rather often to give this a read. This and Heartbeat Radio!
Originally posted by meera30

I am going to echo Saiyu's point here. Vertigo has something elementally magnetic about it. Maybe it is the inherent simplicity that only beautiful prose can bring to a story. And though you have written stories that are more real, way more intricate in detail and complex in plot and character - this one remains right on top of RB and Avatars write list!. I come back rather often to give this a read. This and Heartbeat Radio!

You said it - inherent simplicity.

And Heartbeat Radio. I keep forgetting that.

I feel you need to be in a certain frame of mind to search for a buried or hidden feeling that gives the prose such as these. Its not something I can write on drop of hat and requires a state of mind that isn't my status quo anymore. And this - I miss.
Edited by Thyme - 9 years ago
Very good story.. loved it
Whenever you wonder about yourself - you know purpose in life, what am I doing, I can't write for nuts, or the exact opposite - I am so awesome, How did I manage to write like this...yada yada

Go back and read Chapter 5

I promise you there is very little romance (real / fictional or otherwise) that can come close to this

Thank you for my personal break aide in the middle of a lot of mandarin and even more mundane work!
Originally posted by meera30

Whenever you wonder about yourself - you know purpose in life, what am I doing, I can't write for nuts, or the exact opposite - I am so awesome, How did I manage to write like this...yada yada

Go back and read Chapter 5

I promise you there is very little romance (real / fictional or otherwise) that can come close to this

Thank you for my personal break aide in the middle of a lot of mandarin and even more mundane work!

:=) I kinda agree... We can be whatever we want to be if we allow ourselves to be that. Be it contentment, be it happiness...we have to define what works for us and not just fall into standardized definitions and molds used by everyone else. Life then would be simpler and...drama-less :-)
Meera you said it..Vertigo has a magnetic pull! It's simplicity is fascinating...
Have read this countless times and it leaves me in awe..

Sookie, a big thank you for this love how words can be so simple from the mind to the heart if only we could complicate our life less...this one is an inspiration👏
Edited by amaypranay - 9 years ago
Beautiful story..enjoyed reading it..