Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

India-Forums

Vidya gives SLEEPLESS nights to Kareena & Priyanka (Page 12)

Chippeshwini IF-Sizzlerz
Chippeshwini
Chippeshwini

BollyCurry Buzzer

Posted: 17 December 2011 at 12:34pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Da_BagarhBilla

Originally posted by liverach

^ that I agree with..

but not all of them made the kind of business that TDP made.
WOH kyun?

TDP hasn't done any extraordinary business, movies which i took name if they would have been released in this year, same result.

Murder-2 infact is closer to TDP in case of business.

also, this reasoning also implies that Bodyguard was a hit because Katrina's hip-shaking got the single-theater waale shaking at the knees. Ergo, Bodyguard = success = Katrina's exposing

does this HAVE to be true?

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

bamboocopter

TintinleMechant IF-Dazzler
TintinleMechant
TintinleMechant

Posted: 17 December 2011 at 12:58pm | IP Logged
Billa look at what you're saying, that TDP was a hit purely because of skinshow. How then are woman loving this movie? How come all the girls in the forum are backing vidya up, and loving TDP?

It isn't a bias, several people who like vidya now didn't like her before. Its just that people see for once an actress shedding her clothes because the role requires it. An actress being uninhibited about her body because of the character she plays.

SURE of course TDP pulled in a lot of male audience because of the skinshow, but lets be honest here, why on earth are the girls loving this film? Its because it isn't just some brain-dead clothes stripping. Theres a point to it, it goes beyond just showing some cleavage. Vidya is breaking several bollywood norms by celebrating the life of a softcore po*n actress and in some ways, bringing double standards that exist in the industry out into the open.

I like kareena, she is a pretty good actress, but I don't think she's anything next to vidya.

The following 10 member(s) liked the above post:

mentallycrazyAntlersKai.bamboocopterYusBeeIHeartDeepika._Darling_Sultan_Of_SwingLimitLessFannikita_88

TintinleMechant IF-Dazzler
TintinleMechant
TintinleMechant

Posted: 17 December 2011 at 1:02pm | IP Logged
And to the comments earlier on if Vidya could do a Golmaal - Yes, Vidya could very well do a comedy. Probably not a Golmaal type of comedy though - BUT I don't think that has anything to do with kareena having range.

I think it honestly comes down to the age thing - Vidya looks mature, she has a woman appeal, she wouldn't fit into a golmaal setting. The same goes for an actress like Tabu. Can someone like her do Golmaal? Hell no, it quite frankly would not look right, she would opt for a more witty and script driven comedy. Does that mean Tabu has less range than Kareena?

Not at all. kareena retains her youth and can pull off the silly spunky girl look - That doesn't equate to her having range, a lot of things are based on physical appeal.

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

bamboocopterYusBeeChippeshwiniKai.AntlersLimitLessFan

desigal90 IF-Stunnerz
desigal90
desigal90

Posted: 17 December 2011 at 2:12pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Naach_Basanti

Originally posted by smartie_pants

*insert major eye roll*

And we are back to the "fans are lame" discussion...
How exciting...Clap

as exciting as posting 'Vidya cant do epic movie like Golmaal 3.'

She cant do it. Period.
Priyanka, I can imagine. She's pulled off spunk. Vidya? No.
We saw what happened when she tried to go the more commercial route with light hearted films.
G3 performance wasnt wasnt epic by any standard, but Vidya still cannot pull it off. THAT's my point. Its called RANGE. Ab us range ke bahaar asaan role ho ya mushkil, doesnt matter Tongue

Edited by desigal90 - 17 December 2011 at 2:14pm
Sultan_Of_Swing IF-Sizzlerz
Sultan_Of_Swing
Sultan_Of_Swing

Posted: 17 December 2011 at 2:12pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by Naach_Basanti

*insert major eye roll*

And we are back to the "fans are lame" discussion...
How exciting...Clap

as exciting as posting 'Vidya cant do epic movie like Golmaal 3.'

well thts one person's opinion...

i dunt see how all the "fans" come in here...

and PS: i wasnt the one who said it. 

Ever since TDP has been a hit the majority of the members here who have had issue are Kareena fans. so Im not sure how my generalisation is incorrect here. I appreciate there are exceptions here, but exceptions dont become examples.

Similarly when i say anything negative about Kareena I get labelled a Vidya fan. where is the moral high-ground when others get generealised? To be fair every set of fan in IF get generalised at some point of the other, just about every one. You sort of take it as a part of the package and move on. However I have noticed that its the Kareena fans who are most sensitive about this. . And its not like I have said anything derogatory here, have I?

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

TheMummy_LeAbbabamboocopterLimitLessFan

Sultan_Of_Swing IF-Sizzlerz
Sultan_Of_Swing
Sultan_Of_Swing

Posted: 17 December 2011 at 2:15pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by masakaliii

Billa look at what you're saying, that TDP was a hit purely because of skinshow. How then are woman loving this movie? How come all the girls in the forum are backing vidya up, and loving TDP?

It isn't a bias, several people who like vidya now didn't like her before. Its just that people see for once an actress shedding her clothes because the role requires it. An actress being uninhibited about her body because of the character she plays.

SURE of course TDP pulled in a lot of male audience because of the skinshow, but lets be honest here, why on earth are the girls loving this film? Its because it isn't just some brain-dead clothes stripping. Theres a point to it, it goes beyond just showing some cleavage. Vidya is breaking several bollywood norms by celebrating the life of a softcore po*n actress and in some ways, bringing double standards that exist in the industry out into the open.

I like kareena, she is a pretty good actress, but I don't think she's anything next to vidya.

And to the comments earlier on if Vidya could do a Golmaal - Yes, Vidya could very well do a comedy. Probably not a Golmaal type of comedy though - BUT I don't think that has anything to do with kareena having range.

I think it honestly comes down to the age thing - Vidya looks mature, she has a woman appeal, she wouldn't fit into a golmaal setting. The same goes for an actress like Tabu. Can someone like her do Golmaal? Hell no, it quite frankly would not look right, she would opt for a more witty and script driven comedy. Does that mean Tabu has less range than Kareena?

Not at all. kareena retains her youth and can pull off the silly spunky girl look - That doesn't equate to her having range, a lot of things are based on physical appeal.

WORD Clap
desigal90 IF-Stunnerz
desigal90
desigal90

Posted: 17 December 2011 at 2:17pm | IP Logged

Dont know about other kareena fans, but I've never taken Vidya as competition to Kareena.

Vidya's more a Tabu. In her own league.
And because I know she cant do what Kareena can do. So no, I"m sleeping quite well Wink

On the other hand, Priyanka and Katrina are more competition to Bebo and the kind who give Bebo sleepless nights. And Bebo's quite secure in her own position right now.

desigal90 IF-Stunnerz
desigal90
desigal90

Posted: 17 December 2011 at 2:21pm | IP Logged

I think it honestly comes down to the age thing - Vidya looks mature, she has a woman appeal, she wouldn't fit into a golmaal setting.

Have to disagree here. I think a really good actress eludes being typecast into a certain genre or mould, or a certain category or appeal.

Kareena's been quite good at this. At one point, no one thought hse could do anything beyond the bratty Poo type roles, but she broke outta it.
Today, I'm pretty confident that she can do all sorts of roles. Subtle or loud, mature or immature, young or old, bold or innocent.
She cannot possibly be all those things at once in her real life. But she can pull it off. She cant be physically old and young either, but seh does it. She pairs up with an Imran and Shahid, or an Aamir and Salman.

Edited by desigal90 - 17 December 2011 at 2:22pm

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

_Darling_

Go to top