Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Posted: 12 years ago
[QUOTE=desigal90]
Originally posted by: Naach_Basanti

as exciting as posting 'Vidya cant do epic movie like Golmaal 3.'

She cant do it. Period.
Priyanka, I can imagine. She's pulled off spunk. Vidya? No.
We saw what happened when she tried to go the more commercial route with light hearted films.
G3 performance wasnt wasnt epic by any standard, but Vidya still cannot pull it off. THAT's my point. Its called RANGE. Ab us range ke bahaar asaan role ho ya mushkil, doesnt matter πŸ˜›

The question can be set the other way round too isn't it?Can Kareena play a mother to Amitabh Bacchan and do a Paa?or the bitchy Krishna in Ishqiya?She can't right?πŸ˜›Even if people want her to do such films...she wont accept such aunty roles?πŸ˜›

@bold-That's not called range,that's called stereotyped roles that she played.The maa ki ankh bubbly role Kareena played in G3 was same like the one she played as Geet in JWM.Bindass and having phd in gaalis.The airhead she played in KI was same as the airhead she played in Ra One.Where is the range,when you go on playing the glamour queens in every film?πŸ˜•

Like someone said here,Vidya and Kareena have totally different features.While Kareena has a youthful look,Vidya has a more matured look.That is why neither can Vidya do a silly,wannabe character in movies like Ra One,KI,G3 and  nor can Kareena pull strong performances like the ones in Ishqiya,Paa and TDP.Vidya having a mature look only fits in mature roles(which automatically have substance than the youthful roles nowadays),while Kareena is approached only for glamour in most of the movies.Otherwise,why would Rohit replace Rimi Sen with Kareena in the next golmaal series while retaining the rest of the cast?πŸ˜›Kareena no doubt is a good actress,she has done some noteworthy work in JWM,Omkara,Chameli;but that's it.Uske baad kya?Where did the expression vanish from her face?

Coming to the topic of Vidya keeping sleepless nights to Kareena,Priyanka,etc.She deserves to after TDP.I am not a fan of anyone in Bollywood.I am a viewer appreciating simple acting and nothing else.In TDP,Vidya has definetely done something which Kareena and Priyanka couldn't...and I am NOT talking about superhits,ATBB,etc..Vidya has set a new standard with TDP wrt to fine acting, which will be hard for Kareena and Priyanka to match up at the moment(saying this after seeing the last few films.They might do better than Vidya in their next films and if they do,I will appreciate them the same way like Vidya.😊)

But at the moment,Kareena really cannot do the roles Vidya is doing.For example,in TDP..we saw two Vidyas in the film,Reshma and Smitha.And the acting in the two were completely different.Even the little nuances Vidya does in the film,like when Selva ganesh talks about opportunity going to someone else's hand while ordering food for Reshma,the expressions in her face,while um what do I say,licking the chutney from her fingers lol..are so accurate.That's why even with skin show in the whole film,she actually made the viewers and the critics alike to look at her face for her expressions and not just her body,and that is why the critics and the viewes appreciated her acting and not her body.Ager log sirf kahin aur dekhne jaate TDP mein,they wouldn't have seen her face and acting and wouldn't have appreciated her,right?

..🀣🀣
Edited by .sb. - 12 years ago
_notinuse_ thumbnail
^ πŸ‘ Love your post Sb

I don't think people are getting the big picture here. What Vidya has done is a great feat, no doubt but that's not all that matters. I'm excited for the change that I hope will come about after TDP. I'm sick of Bollywood movie being equated to a man-powered show. Amongst the lifeless decorative pieces passing off as heroines, I could never find a character I can relate to, as a woman. These male-centric movies show females through a man's eyes- not very insightful but shallow pieces to glam it up. The only avenue for them to have depth is through artsy film which might be interesting but not necessarily entertaining. Great actresses are reduced to such glam-type roles as well. Other actresses are totally shut out due to them not being convenionally pretty. It may be too much to ask, but I hope TDP inspires producers to consider acting talent of their actresses instead of just attractiveness and connections. Oh don't let me get started on those connections! I find it silly that they cast so-and-so's daughter/son/gf/mistress just because. What about considering talent for a change? Look outside the so-called fraternity. Inbreeding can have negative consequences. We can use new faces, and inspire the already established ones to up their game. Afterall, we are paying a lot to see their movies. It's not too much to ask for quality.
Originally posted by: PandorasBox

^ πŸ‘ Love your post Sb

I don't think people are getting the big picture here. What Vidya has done is a great feat, no doubt but that's not all that matters. I'm excited for the change that I hope will come about after TDP. I'm sick of Bollywood movie being equated to a man-powered show. Amongst the lifeless decorative pieces passing off as heroines, I could never find a character I can relate to, as a woman. These male-centric movies show females through a man's eyes- not very insightful but shallow pieces to glam it up. The only avenue for them to have depth is through artsy film which might be interesting but not necessarily entertaining. Great actresses are reduced to such glam-type roles as well. Other actresses are totally shut out due to them not being convenionally pretty. It may be too much to ask, but I hope TDP inspires producers to consider acting talent of their actresses instead of just attractiveness and connections. Oh don't let me get started on those connections! I find it silly that they cast so-and-so's daughter/son/gf/mistress just because. What about considering talent for a change? Look outside the so-called fraternity. Inbreeding can have negative consequences. We can use new faces, and inspire the already established ones to up their game. Afterall, we are paying a lot to see their movies. It's not too much to ask for quality.

And to add to the quality of cinema,the bollywood stars right from the A listers to the newbies should for once stop thinking about the rat race and aceept such films as well which gives them oppurtunity to emote and not just stand as a wooden plank.Everytime,you can't just push a film saying its ATBB coz its for the masses.Like the audience they showed in TDP,ek din masses bhi ghisi piti story dekhkar thak jayenge.

..🀣🀣
TintinleMechant thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
@ sb & Pandora's box:  hear hear. Totally agree. 
desigal90 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
I do wanna clear one point that I for one am GLAD that Vidya's changing the way things are working. I too was getting sick and tired of the box office figures dictating actors rather than the other way around.
And my own favorite was following the herd and chasing commercial success blindly though she fed her fans some bullshit about "script script script"

However, I still maintain my opinion that Kareena's strength has always been her ability to do a very wide range of roles, that perhaps other actors, IMO Vidya here, cannot do.
And this is completely my opinion.
Since we are on the topic of Dirty Picture, my worst fear just realized...

Im gonna watch the movie with my entire extended family in an hour...some goof up with the tickets happened (we were spposed to go to some mythological telugu movie and the driver guy bought tickets for DP insted)...and so we are all gonna go for it to not waste money..😳...god save me plzz...
sunflower52 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
Even though Kareena has done wide range of roles, but I have found her OTT while doing comedy. She does not have a natural flare of doing comedy.

For the only actress who has done all type of roles and is natural in them is Sridevi, who could dance with different variety of expressions and acting. Who also has natural flare for comedy

Priyanka also can not do comedy that well either. 

I would like to see Vidya attempt full on comedy then we will know if she can or not.
Terenaina thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
That's so true. I love Sridevi when she does comedy type of stuff...her expressions are so funny and so cute...it reminds me of I Love Lucy show which is my favorite show
DheeJattanDi thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Originally posted by: Da_BagarhBilla

If Vidya is So Much TALENTED ACTRESS like this forum always favors... y not Movie with such a Brilliant Script and 0 Sex Show "No One Killed Jessica" could even get a HIT or that much BUSINESS which She Gives with saying 10-12 Sex intending double meaning lines and showing huge cleavage in "The Dirty Picture"...

Atleast BEBO doesn't need 2 shed clothes 2 even get audience in hallsπŸ‘

People call Mallika Sherawat n Rakhi Sawant as Cheap as they do vulgar scenes 2 attract audience... Same people change their tune when same thing VIDYA Does... how PERFECTIONIST THOTSπŸ˜†

Exactly! TDP would have never been such a huge hit if it didn't include the skin-show and sex scenes. Malika and Rakhi are cheap and so is Vidya now!
Originally posted by: sunflower52

Even though Kareena has done wide range of roles, but I have found her OTT while doing comedy. She does not have a natural flare of doing comedy.

For the only actress who has done all type of roles and is natural in them is Sridevi, who could dance with different variety of expressions and acting. Who also has natural flare for comedy

Priyanka also can not do comedy that well either. 

I would like to see Vidya attempt full on comedy then we will know if she can or not.

The Charlie chaplin act of Sridevi in Mr.India is one of my all time favourite scenes of a hindi film since childhood.πŸ˜ƒI LOVED Mr.India.

..🀣🀣