Vidya gives SLEEPLESS nights to Kareena & Priyanka - Page 9

Posted: 12 years ago
Originally posted by bamboocopter

*sigh*

My fertile imaginanion...  Chhaddo!  ðŸ˜’ 

😭😭 Sorry Ji. Really low capacity to understand witty and sarcastic remarks in my brain. Kya Karoon?
Originally posted by liverach

@Maddy
egjhactly.
If skin show is what made TDP a hit, then by all means, The Train should have been a hit, Maan Gaye Mughal-E-Azam should be a hit (we have all watched that Gasolina-copy waala music video), BOOM should've been a hit, and for that matter, why wasn't TASHAN a hit?

Murder, Murder-2, Ek Choti Si Love Story, Khwaish, Zehar, Gangster, Skin Shows in movies like Dhoom n Dhoom:2, Race, Jalebi Bai in Double Dhamaal... 1 or the other way Movies earned a lot from these kind of things only...
^ that I agree with..

but not all of them made the kind of business that TDP made.
WOH kyun?

^ that I agree with..

WOH kyun?

TDP hasn't done any extraordinary business, movies which i took name if they would have been released in this year, same result.

Murder-2 infact is closer to TDP in case of business.
^ right.. haha well that's all well and good then
I don't find it fair that all the credit for TDP is being attributed to Vidya and her Ds

you know, you keep saying that the single-screen masses were targeted through this movie, but you gotta also take into account that TDP isnt exactly a masala film.
YEAH, there's sex in it. But as much as I remember, tragedies don't go too well with the masses that you keep hinting at. 

I mean, IF we're going to profile people, then we might as well profile them correctly, no?

^ that I agree with..

WOH kyun?

Thats bcoz none of the other movies could match up to the script, the story, the crisp dialogues, the performances...

And also TDP got the critical acclaim too added with the huge commercial success... A performance oriented movie that found an appeal all across is a combination that will be hard to come by...
Edited by -Maddy- - 12 years ago
Originally posted by Da_BagarhBilla

TDP hasn't done any extraordinary business, movies which i took name if they would have been released in this year, same result.

Murder-2 infact is closer to TDP in case of business.

also, this reasoning also implies that Bodyguard was a hit because Katrina's hip-shaking got the single-theater waale shaking at the knees. Ergo, Bodyguard = success = Katrina's exposing

does this HAVE to be true?
Billa look at what you're saying, that TDP was a hit purely because of skinshow. How then are woman loving this movie? How come all the girls in the forum are backing vidya up, and loving TDP?

It isn't a bias, several people who like vidya now didn't like her before. Its just that people see for once an actress shedding her clothes because the role requires it. An actress being uninhibited about her body because of the character she plays.

SURE of course TDP pulled in a lot of male audience because of the skinshow, but lets be honest here, why on earth are the girls loving this film? Its because it isn't just some brain-dead clothes stripping. Theres a point to it, it goes beyond just showing some cleavage. Vidya is breaking several bollywood norms by celebrating the life of a softcore po*n actress and in some ways, bringing double standards that exist in the industry out into the open.

I like kareena, she is a pretty good actress, but I don't think she's anything next to vidya.
And to the comments earlier on if Vidya could do a Golmaal - Yes, Vidya could very well do a comedy. Probably not a Golmaal type of comedy though - BUT I don't think that has anything to do with kareena having range.

I think it honestly comes down to the age thing - Vidya looks mature, she has a woman appeal, she wouldn't fit into a golmaal setting. The same goes for an actress like Tabu. Can someone like her do Golmaal? Hell no, it quite frankly would not look right, she would opt for a more witty and script driven comedy. Does that mean Tabu has less range than Kareena?

Not at all. kareena retains her youth and can pull off the silly spunky girl look - That doesn't equate to her having range, a lot of things are based on physical appeal.
Originally posted by Naach_Basanti

as exciting as posting 'Vidya cant do epic movie like Golmaal 3.'

She cant do it. Period.
Priyanka, I can imagine. She's pulled off spunk. Vidya? No.
We saw what happened when she tried to go the more commercial route with light hearted films.
G3 performance wasnt wasnt epic by any standard, but Vidya still cannot pull it off. THAT's my point. Its called RANGE. Ab us range ke bahaar asaan role ho ya mushkil, doesnt matter ðŸ˜›

Edited by desigal90 - 12 years ago