Posted: 12 years ago
sheldon...
forget abt abcd(sorry if anyone is offended by this..i consider myself puuure ibcd)..
a friend of mine who moved to US 4 yrs ago finds india repulsive now..never visited the country again
yup n i land on xmas day..hw awesome...

tthanks ladies
Originally posted by petticoat

sheldon...forget abt abcd(sorry if anyone is offended by this..i consider myself puuure ibcd)..a friend of mine who moved to US 4 yrs ago finds india repulsive now..never visited the country again

Wow is he/she snobby in real life? I have not visited India since I moved to Canada (10 yrs ago) and know that no matter good or bad I cannot comment on how India is without visiting the country. 

sheldon...
forget abt abcd(sorry if anyone is offended by this..i consider myself puuure ibcd)..
a friend of mine who moved to US 4 yrs ago finds india repulsive now..never visited the country again

Sigh. Unfortunately, I was like that too. Well, maybe because I never lived in India.  Whenever I went to India, I used to fall sick, I couldnt handle the lack of hygiene and used to get depressed seeing all the poor people. My brother and I were literally begging out parents not to take us to India this year. But I guess when you're an adult, things change. I just fell in love with India (or rather, Hyderbad) this time because I realized how warm and full of life and cheer the city really is. The food, the people, the hustle bustle, the everything is simply marvelous. I โค๏ธ India. 
@eraser : i completley agree. I went through a large amount of 'oo i'm not indian at all' thinking when i was going through puberty and just acted like a stuck up fool. But the minute i turned 16 something changed, and the last time i went back i honestly had the best summer of my life. I'm going back this summer too and i cannot wait. Our culture is truly beautiful when one learns to appreciate it. 

@petticoat: very jealous i wish i was going this winter. 

@mysticwriter & chocolover: exactly right? Why this obsession with getting bigger? it just makes them look gigantic which doesnt really suit their naturally somewhat soft features. Salman used to look so charming. 
nah...my friend is just plain snobby.. apes western ppl too much

he is a quartr century old.. no excuses

sheldon...
Wow...its one thing for people who've been to India twice in their whole life and had bad experiences to hate it, and another for people who actually lived there to find it totally disgusting now...๐Ÿ˜•

And woohooo Christmas in India! :D Sounds like amazing fun! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ
Carol - when will you be back? 

Priya - Well, I always loved being an Indian. I just didnt like visiting India. Oh and did I mention that when I went there as a kid, I was the object of ridicule lol. I had to wear my cousin's lehenga for a wedding and it was my first time wearing one (it wasnt even my size!) and I was kinda tripping in it so everyone used to make fun of me. Not in a good way. Not this time though hehe. 
ppl can be jackaasses eraser.. a lot..

it is one thing to be fond of western wear and attitude and freedom..but to ape it because it is west is ridiculous

i lovee bangles and wear them with my dresses :P
Is that Xe(ta)na the Warrior Princess on your DP, Crix?  ๐Ÿค” ๐Ÿ˜‰