Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Akshay Kumar tops tax payers list again

Guddu.Pandit thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 12 years ago
By Bollywood Hungama News Network , Dec 16, 2011 - 13:24 hrs IST

It's December and along with the merry spirit of Christmas, its time for the Tax Department to take stock. Last year, it was Akshay Kumar who topped the tax payers list in Bollywood with the highest amount in taxation. This year, the story is no different.

Leading the Bollywood brigade in advance tax payment is Akki who shelled out a whopping Rs. 6 crore as advance tax in the third quarter of the financial year 2012. This year Akshay had three releases namelyPatiala House, Desi Boyz and Thank You, and for 2 of these films, he was also the co-producer. 

Others on the list of celebs who have filed their declarations are Ranbir Kapoor and Amitabh Bachchan. The Gen-next superstar with films like Rockstar and his brand endorsements has paid Rs. 2.6 crore, while veteran Big B's advance tax amount stands at Rs. 2.5 crore. 

On the other hand, Aamir Khan rated as one of the highest paid actors has paid a sum of Rs. 1 crore as compared to the Rs 3.5 crore of last year. Saif Ali Khan with only one release this year and a few new brand endorsements has paid an advance tax of Rs. 1.5 crore. 

Among actresses, Kareena who starred in Bodyguard and Ra.One this year, has shelled out Rs. 2 crore, while Katrina with films like Mere Brother Ki Dulhan and ZNMD has paid advance tax to the sum of Rs. 3 crore.

http://www.bollywoodhungama.com/movies/news/type/view/id/1396654

Edited by Da_BagarhBilla - 12 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Does Aamir want us to believe that he earns less than Kat  πŸ˜³
Guddu.Pandit thumbnail
Originally posted by: bamboocopter

Does Aamir want us to believe that he earns less than Kat  πŸ˜³

Till the movie release, whole profit of actor might not be counted, Aamir's movie are due for 2012 n 2013 release, may b @ present he is paying less.
  ^  Didn't he produce two movies this year? & what about the endorsements? I bet he charges 10 times more than Kat on that field  πŸ€”
Guddu.Pandit thumbnail
Originally posted by: bamboocopter

^  Didn't he produce two movies this year? & what about the endorsements? I bet he charges 10 times more than Kat on that field  πŸ€”

Agree, All his Movies this year made substantial profits, also endorsements are far more bigger than katrina, May b Hero now-a-days taking PROFIT SHARING in Films, and Heroines getting all in advance as sumup money may have added katy's tax more weight.
-Mmmmm- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Hmmm... Where are the other two superstars... Kitna tax pay kiya ?? 😳

gilmores thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 8
Am I really supposed to believe Salman and SRK are not even on the list? πŸ˜• 

Btw...I never understood what the big deal was that so and so was the highest tax payer.

Originally posted by: chocolover89

Btw...I never understood what the big deal was that so and so was the highest tax payer.

To disclose that the first boys of the class are cheating on their exams  πŸ˜†

BheegiBasanti thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
This is advance tax payment only from the sound of it. The final amount could be different.
wat_up thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

Akshay highest tax payer thats a shock ..at leasrt this year. I guess he must be having other things that generate revenue.

Edited by wat_up - 12 years ago