Geet - Hui Sabse Parayee

India-Forums

Geet - Hui Sabse Parayee
Geet - Hui Sabse Parayee

# Devils Den# -A celebration by, of and for Devils (Page 137)

Lily201 Goldie
Lily201
Lily201

Posted: 21 December 2011 at 3:30am | IP Logged
@An- You do have a point -but its not just the setting of the show nor the strata of society it portrays coz then I do have issues with other mainstream ,high finance-backed channels too which flaunt a bit too much glamour to show an urban society and skips on real grey matter of the story.

But despite that in my opinion - I want a show that touches me or better widens my perception by being an eye-opener -it may be devoid of eye locks ,romance,dupatta soaring(good one,DaakuLOL)-but though nothing in this world is perfect -still if it misses on the presentation -it may be overall cinematography,or plot related screenplay,I may just give it a miss.From what I'm seeing majority of viewers are doing just that.

Besides so many channels start with a promising note,to cater something with depth,but with increase of trps -they too dish out the same old melodramatic tracksSleepy 

Plus I admit-it does stinge when LOK has been taken place of something so well accepted & loved by all and here I'm not just talking of GHSP.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

Samanalysesia221Taiyo

Taiyo IF-Stunnerz
Taiyo
Taiyo

Posted: 21 December 2011 at 3:33am | IP Logged
Samana: I agree Smile and have read your posts Smile Only voice that is not against the channel and predicting its demise. Smile

Youth shows do not mean only fairy-tales. I remember during DD days, we had a youth show which dealt with drug issue. And, the same show is relevant in today's time, also.

Edited by an12345678 - 21 December 2011 at 3:55am

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

Lily201-richierich-Samanalysesia221

Taiyo IF-Stunnerz
Taiyo
Taiyo

Posted: 21 December 2011 at 3:38am | IP Logged
Sia: Was Geet a youth show? They already took the detour after DMG and MJHT. It's now going full-fledged and that is why they have shed its tag of the youth channel.

These are not intense drama for the sake of intense drama. These are content based drama and even Geet had that but sadly being a youth channel with limited reach, it failed to take-off. So the show was turned into a office romance to attract the main young viewers.

Will add more in a while. Smile

Edited by an12345678 - 21 December 2011 at 3:56am

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

Lily201-richierich-Samanalysesia221shali

Lily201 Goldie
Lily201
Lily201

Posted: 21 December 2011 at 3:48am | IP Logged
@An- I agree when I started watching GHSP-I had no inclination for office-romance and what aroused my curosity was as to how she'd fight her way out of the blot on her honour she'd suffered coz of Dev & her family's apathy which they inflicted -in fear of a tarnished repute.

Yup I would've watched that even if office-track was never explored or dealt in a different way, coz they touched upon ground reality-and portrayed it beautifully.

Such shows might not get overnight fame,but grow gradually on you and remembered in a long time.

And I do remember intence dramas like "Saas" or simple daily life comic satire "Office-Office" -that were well presented cinematically.

I don't see that much in soaps nowadays & perhaps its difficult to single out which has the potential to be a "timeless" series as against one that ultimately dwindles-especially nowadays which are tagged as "social message" shows

Edited by Lily201 - 21 December 2011 at 3:50am

Samanalysesia221Taiyo

Taiyo IF-Stunnerz
Taiyo
Taiyo

Posted: 21 December 2011 at 3:50am | IP Logged
Lily: Watch Tum Saath Dena Mera, yesterday's episode. (I won't vouch for its future episodes' quality  LOL ... all shows sooner or later go down the drain). It was simple, well presented, actors not hot looking but good actors.

I will add more in a while
Smile

Lily201Samanalysesia221

Samanalyse IF-Rockerz
Samanalyse
Samanalyse

Posted: 21 December 2011 at 3:53am | IP Logged
@Sia: Well, maybe because SO had an image and lots of baggage. Old SO loyalists are disapproving of the content of LOK because of its tone, imagine if these shows had been released on SO! It would have been seen as "killing" the image of SO. It's all a huge marketing and branding game. SO carried the star tag and as such was always considered sort of an extension of SP, because the latter was so much bigger and mainstream. Now they have a new name that does not immediately speak of the Star tag and so it has more of a chance to make its own name and possibly be equal to SP in a different genre, rather than being seen as its younger sibling. Do I make sense? Now they have a fresh slate so they can make a new image, without even any of the biases, positive or negative that people felt for and against SO.

@Lily: I hate to hit below the belt, but most people say they didn't think much of Geet in the first week either. So I think we should give these shows a chance to succeed before we write them off for failure. I am eager to see how they do with TRPs as well as on the CM as most of them have very discussable issues. And I stalked some of their forums to read WUs and people seem pretty happy with what they are seeing so far..

I agree that it does sting to see something you don't like personally, take the place of something you loved, but it's all money, money, money for the Star Network. Ermm

@An: That's me! The voice of dissent. LOL
I have to tell you, I regret not being alive/aware during the zenith of the DD era. From what I have heard about it, it occupies a mythical status in my mind. The way my mother still talks about Hum Log! Day Dreaming

And a show about drugs! Wow, it still wonder at how much more aware and unafraid of controversy they were than TV nowadays.

Lily201sia221shaliTaiyo

-richierich- IF-Dazzler
-richierich-
-richierich-

Posted: 21 December 2011 at 3:55am | IP Logged
@anHugChappis, Geet Isn't a youth show. It had a serious issue of honor killing which shd have delt very carefully but the channel format of being Youth  channel. spoiled the justice part and turned it into comedy.I and sam were discussing the same after maan knows the truth of den their shd have been a complete different drama but the channel made it HUM SAATH SATH HAI with criminals and jokers and PH is equally responsible. Everyone were yelling  on FB &IF when dev's forgiving and holi fiasco came.and channel's format was also responsible for that.

Edited by richa23 - 21 December 2011 at 3:55am

lamsLily201Samanalysesia221

Taiyo IF-Stunnerz
Taiyo
Taiyo

Posted: 21 December 2011 at 3:55am | IP Logged
@Lily: They changed the genre of Geet after the TRP of 0.01. And, I believe that is why they did not show punishment of Dev and etc. for the fear that viewers may not like the intense drama.  And all the serious tracks were over in couple of days. All shows start with a concept but then they lose the real essence because of the stretching and TRP game.

Lily201Samanalysesia221shali

Go to top