Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Samanalyse thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 12 years ago
@Sanju: Hi! πŸ˜ƒ

Yes, the best thing about Meera was that she was brought into the whole mess in a very believable way. And I loved her personal conflicts about her feelings for Dev, despite knowing what he had done. See after Dev became good, they made it out to be that he was not a negative, but weak and self-indulgent character who was influenced by NT's scheming ways. Even though it wasn't totally consistent, it was a subtle enough transition from his character in HP that we didn't complain. And the logic came in where we see that he needed a woman to drive him to do bad things and to balance that out he needed a woman to drive him to do good things as well. So essentially they maintained Dev's character as weak and reliant on others for motivation.

I also loved the relationship they later brought in between Meera and Geet, in many ways, Meera being what Geet was trying to become. She was also a real friend for Geet even before she knew her! I love that chocolate scene. 😳

Finally Dev-Meera was so much better than Dev-Nano 🀒 because Meera not only knew all about Dev, but because it was so different from Maan-Geet.

So yes, they changed the show to suit SO's image but in such a smart and creative way that it didn't ruin the flow of the story. That creativity and the drive to work hard and make sure the story flowed was lost with the later writers.

At the very least Ved Raj had Maan tell Annie the truth about Geet and Dev while by the time Mp came along, the original story was forgotten completely.
sia221 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
@ Samana:

Cvs then wer smart enough to show repentant n guilty Dev.. unlike newer ones.. who just made him like a SAINT... n blaming d whole thing on NT.. in d process as well.. thats where I feel was d major loop-hole..
Also.. That was d reason.. ppl did not mind Dev-Meera relation...unlike Devini.. which was nothing but a joke...
Taiyo thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Mann never had a sister (Remember Shali my slogan πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†) ... I blame Ved more than MP for destroying the story. Ved came in and started his track without paying attention to what was said in the earlier episodes.

Okay. I love to have a good discussion and had one πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†. Thank you all ... πŸ€—πŸ€—πŸ€— I'll logout now and do something productive.

Btw, anyone interested in writing, here?
Lily201 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
@all- Au revoir - will see ya laterπŸ˜ƒ
sia221 thumbnail
Originally posted by: maan-ki-sanjana

About the show with the obsessive husband, I hope they don't show her forgiving the guy and in the end making domestic violence seem acceptable,

Sanju.. it will all depend on d TRP of that show.. if it does not gain TRPS.. then ppl may see.. 
eye-locks n song btwn d abusive husband n victim wife.. I will not b surprised at that...πŸ˜†πŸ˜†
Taiyo thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Originally posted by: Lily201

@all- Au revoir - will see ya laterπŸ˜ƒ

Yep 😊 πŸ€—πŸ€—πŸ€—
jyoti06 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 9 Thumbnail + 8
Moral of the story is TRPs is the main cause of a show's destruction πŸ˜†

I guess someone should write a open letter to Ambika Soni(I&B ministry) on this πŸ˜†
maan-ki-sanjana thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 5

@Sam:

Its insulting to compare Meera with Dev. One girl loved him enough to change him, where as the other one doesn't even know his past.

Meera's character would have been the perfect parallel track...even if she was with Yash. That would have been an interesting love triangle...with Meera having to choose b/w the two and it would have been further reason for Dev changing himself.

@Sia:

Yaar don't say that...LOL Its one of those things you cringe when you think about it!

But its probably going to happen...πŸ˜•

I just don't understand how the TRPs go up with those stories. Who watches the stupid shows?
shali thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: maan-ki-sanjana

About the show with the obsessive husband, I hope they don't show her forgiving the guy and in the end making domestic violence seem acceptable,

but this is the problem...
a woman should always forgive...
the image off sita/ sati savitri should be maintained...
cause this is how the Indian community is build up...
and if the girl oppose then she will be target as guilty part...
she made him do that...

bye ann...
sia221 thumbnail
@ Sanju:

I mean never in my wildest dreams.. I wld hav imagined Geet playing Holi with Dev.. n being all happy-happy with him later on..right?? 
But didn't v all see that.. just for d sake of TRPs n what not??? Sorry .. but after this.. anything can b shown...πŸ˜•

@ Jyoti:

I want to kill that person who started this whole TRP thing??? Man.. till now I dont see any benefit of these ratings...

@ All:
Got to go.. nice discussing with u all.. hope to catch u all later...😊
Edited by sia221 - 12 years ago