Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sia221 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
@ An:

Yes.. I wld like to believe that Geet was a youth show.. but with a sensible n serious content.. tough it had flying dupattas, eye-locks etc...πŸ˜† 

@ Samana:

Yes.. u made perfect sense.. I guess if v look at it that way.. the re-vamp has some meaning to it..

I guess.. LIFE OK or NOT.. only time will tell...πŸ˜†πŸ˜†
Taiyo thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: richa23

Then  did it get TRP an ,better they shd have shown the justice part what ever may be. Gul aunty has told it was a  good ending with mai cha cha ban gayaπŸ˜†

Richa: If you launch a product and it fails and you make changes to the idea and it becomes a hit, would you go back to the original idea?

The moment Dev became positive (I believe every criminal has the right to change), it was difficult to go back to the past status-quo. So if she says, it was a good ending, she is not completely wrong. 😊

shali thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
@Ann..
so the drama will work...
does the audience wants to see torment or power (woman)...well as I said before...a woman with power is good, as long it's in the kitchen...

ps: I like the mahadev show...
Taiyo thumbnail

Originally posted by: shali

and when that happened it effected the characters and the serial turned into a circus party...

Yep and I ditched the show πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

Just a clarification: And, I did not see the initial episodes of the show because I do not like to watch hard-hitting dramas. I read all kinds of books (and often write dark tales) but when it comes to watching, lighter stuff ... πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜† Me in love with Parvarrish these days ... tension free, fun show 😊

Edited by an12345678 - 12 years ago
sia221 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
@ Lily:

Same here.. I had no idea of this fake marraige situation...n so did not even expect that...

When I saw d promo.. I thought it is based on d movie PARDES.. coz like Mahima chaudhary.. I saw Geet running in btwn d fields.. saying she does not want to marry.. n whole CANEDDA family...πŸ˜†

N I actually was wondering who will play d role of SRK πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†
Taiyo thumbnail

Originally posted by: shali

@Ann..

so the drama will work...
does the audience wants to see torment or power (woman)...well as I said before...a woman with power is good, as long it's in the kitchen...

ps: I like the mahadev show...

It may work and it may not work too. The channel may turn into OK LIFE πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

I am doing a lot of thinking these days about Indian shows and etc πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜† ... I think, Indian audience is not ready to watch stories. They have got addicted to watching scenes and drama.

A Psycho husband tormenting his wife has a great conflict and is also a reality of life. It depends on how they present the show.
Edited by an12345678 - 12 years ago
Lily201 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
@An- That is where I meet a dead-end -yes changes were made in GHSP's plan, but from what I'd gathered -that at the start of office track Dev did hold some grudges with Maan irrespective of his sins to Geet - that was never resolved ,coz if Dev was the positive soul with NT-the virus corrupting his hard-disk -some hatred must be firmly present to prod that weakling into commiting a grave crime.

His convos with NT were always there in backdrop even as Maaneet experienced highs & lows individually-then why suddenly cut down the role of a strong antagonist to introduce sundry characters in A'sar track.

Even when he became a repentant guy - Maaneet could fight a legal battle with NT playing foul games & using him as a pawn.

This drama with some light moments sprinkled would never spark off viewers' ire than a Devini shaadi used as filler

Plus Gul Khan has admitted to use GHSP's module in SP show where they've gone with "intense drama " moments with antagonist with bad eye on protagonist being spurned et al by lead & gain trps.

Then why take a U-turn in GHSP?

Samanalyse thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
@All: The thing that was fabulous about Geet was the way they played the TRP game in the switch from HP to the youth-oriented office track. I am not denying that people have to play this game to survive but it should be done with some creativity and that is exactly what the Geet people did. Although the show became more urban and youthful, they never compromised the characters and kept the essence of the message, ie a young girl coming of age and discovering means to a better, more self aware life.

If you look at the Delhi track, Dev was positive from the get go. But here the writers were smart enough to know that positive did not have to mean uncomplicated. They took positive to mean repentant and full of guilt. Dev turned positive by being tortured by his past, so even though they changed the tone of the show, the issue still remained at the crux. And I can never get tired of saying, Meera the character was genius as a catalyst for Dev's transformation.

So positive did not have to mean guiltless and forgetting the original crime as it became with later, less resourceful and thoughtful writers.
shali thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: an12345678

Yep and I ditched the show πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

Just clarification: And, I did not see the initial episodes of the show because I do not like to watch hard-hitting dramas. I read all kinds of books (and often write dark tales) but when it comes to watching, lighter stuff ... πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜† Me in love with Parvarrish these days ... tension free, fun show 😊

that's a nice show...
I like the interaction between child and parent...

we do have much in common:
cause I don't like hard hitting drama's...and that is why I stated if the Lifeok serial will work...cause some are to close to reality...especially the domestic violence show...
Lily201 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
@shali- Parvarrish is a light show though sometimes those convos b/w children & parents hit a true note coz that's exactly what's happened with me or my parents too😳

I loved that funny line in recent epi where one of the boy says "of course I'll take care of my sisters ,after all they've tied rakhis in return too & no one becomes a brother just by giving 500 bucks on raksha bandhan"πŸ˜†