Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Taiyo thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 12 years ago
Sia: Was Geet a youth show? They already took the detour after DMG and MJHT. It's now going full-fledged and that is why they have shed its tag of the youth channel.

These are not intense drama for the sake of intense drama. These are content based drama and even Geet had that but sadly being a youth channel with limited reach, it failed to take-off. So the show was turned into a office romance to attract the main young viewers.

Will add more in a while. 😊

Edited by an12345678 - 12 years ago
Lily201 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
@An- I agree when I started watching GHSP-I had no inclination for office-romance and what aroused my curosity was as to how she'd fight her way out of the blot on her honour she'd suffered coz of Dev & her family's apathy which they inflicted -in fear of a tarnished repute.

Yup I would've watched that even if office-track was never explored or dealt in a different way, coz they touched upon ground reality-and portrayed it beautifully.

Such shows might not get overnight fame,but grow gradually on you and remembered in a long time.

And I do remember intence dramas like "Saas" or simple daily life comic satire "Office-Office" -that were well presented cinematically.

I don't see that much in soaps nowadays & perhaps its difficult to single out which has the potential to be a "timeless" series as against one that ultimately dwindles-especially nowadays which are tagged as "social message" shows
Edited by Lily201 - 12 years ago
Taiyo thumbnail
Lily: Watch Tum Saath Dena Mera, yesterday's episode. (I won't vouch for its future episodes' quality  πŸ˜† ... all shows sooner or later go down the drain). It was simple, well presented, actors not hot looking but good actors.

I will add more in a while
😊

Samanalyse thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
@Sia: Well, maybe because SO had an image and lots of baggage. Old SO loyalists are disapproving of the content of LOK because of its tone, imagine if these shows had been released on SO! It would have been seen as "killing" the image of SO. It's all a huge marketing and branding game. SO carried the star tag and as such was always considered sort of an extension of SP, because the latter was so much bigger and mainstream. Now they have a new name that does not immediately speak of the Star tag and so it has more of a chance to make its own name and possibly be equal to SP in a different genre, rather than being seen as its younger sibling. Do I make sense? Now they have a fresh slate so they can make a new image, without even any of the biases, positive or negative that people felt for and against SO.

@Lily: I hate to hit below the belt, but most people say they didn't think much of Geet in the first week either. So I think we should give these shows a chance to succeed before we write them off for failure. I am eager to see how they do with TRPs as well as on the CM as most of them have very discussable issues. And I stalked some of their forums to read WUs and people seem pretty happy with what they are seeing so far..

I agree that it does sting to see something you don't like personally, take the place of something you loved, but it's all money, money, money for the Star Network. πŸ€”

@An: That's me! The voice of dissent. πŸ˜†
I have to tell you, I regret not being alive/aware during the zenith of the DD era. From what I have heard about it, it occupies a mythical status in my mind. The way my mother still talks about Hum Log! 😍

And a show about drugs! Wow, it still wonder at how much more aware and unafraid of controversy they were than TV nowadays.

-richierich- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
@anπŸ€—Chappis, Geet Isn't a youth show. It had a serious issue of honor killing which shd have delt very carefully but the channel format of being Youth  channel. spoiled the justice part and turned it into comedy.I and sam were discussing the same after maan knows the truth of den their shd have been a complete different drama but the channel made it HUM SAATH SATH HAI with criminals and jokers and PH is equally responsible. Everyone were yelling  on FB &IF when dev's forgiving and holi fiasco came.and channel's format was also responsible for that.
Edited by richa23 - 12 years ago
Taiyo thumbnail
@Lily: They changed the genre of Geet after the TRP of 0.01. And, I believe that is why they did not show punishment of Dev and etc. for the fear that viewers may not like the intense drama.  And all the serious tracks were over in couple of days. All shows start with a concept but then they lose the real essence because of the stretching and TRP game.

Taiyo thumbnail
@Samana: I grew-up in DD days. 😊 I crave for such kind of simple stories. Weekly, only 13 episodes, and all different from each other.
I wish LOK to adapt books into stories.

Richa: πŸ€—πŸ€—πŸ€— It was not a youth show but the content had to be diluted because of Star One's viewer base.

The article that I read also stated that Star One was not allowed to compete with Star Plus. But, LOK will compete with it so the name change works.
-richierich- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
 Then  did it get TRP an ,better they shd have shown the justice part what ever may be. Gul aunty has told it was a  good ending with mai cha cha ban gayaπŸ˜†
Lily201 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
@Samana - I guess there was a fab show on Sony recently about drug -both it being smuggled & hampering lives by its usage -though they weren't totally centered on it -coz they dwelled on lives ,aspirations of the officials who worked to nab the smugglers-the name was "Powder" -I think it was launched when trend of Yash Raj Films producing serials in the "season" format started.

Nope -I would never have predicted GHSP to be a hit either by promos or its first week fare-in fact I was wary,cynical of it doing well -when its promo first aired-it was after watching 4-5 epis did I start to admit that I was drawn by the subject though I'd no idea of "fake marriage" theme -as I wasn't an IF savvy person then.

I'd thought NT-bhabi + Kamya might torture Geet when they land up in Canada by their sinister looks & by that phase I'd planned to ditch the show coz "Devraani - Jethani" politics wouldn't do for meπŸ˜†

But I was in for surprise & so I contd. viewingπŸ˜ƒ
shali thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: an12345678

@Lily: They changed the genre of Geet after the TRP of 0.01. And, I believe that is why they did not show punishment of Dev and etc. for the fear that viewers may not like the intense drama.  And all the serious tracks were over in couple of days. All shows start with a concept but then they lose the real essence because of the stretching and TRP game.

and when that happened it effected the characters and the serial turned into a circus party...