Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

geetfangeet thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
@richa hi how r u now.           And If geet 2 starts in life ok it will be more usefull for that channel it self than geet are its fans seriously but this people never understand.. ..Edited by bru22 - 12 years ago
-richierich- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
 Ya bru it is good by that time LIFE OK must improve it's statergys to reach people. It should come out with some good realities to attract viewers.  as soon as such ka samna finishes rajiv's add stop coming then they want somebody's help to move forward. some good youth programs and geet can only help them.
Taiyo thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Okay ... I read some pages of discussion regarding Life OK.  It's not possible that they got-up one morning and made the decision to launch Life Ok. They must have done thorough research before taking the decision.

As per Uday Shankar (Star TV India), the channel will be content driven and the new shows do have a range of conflicts. They may fail and they may succeed ... the coming weeks will tell that.  The  17 min show without a break is an experiment and it may be trend-setter -- who knows. The  pioneers are always criticized :-)

The youth shows do not mean, office romance, eye-locks in hospitals and duppata flying. Youth shows also mean aspirations and dreams of young people.

They have the small town feel to it, does that make them downmarket? How does the youth of urban, big cities India define downmarket? They are not the only youth residing in the country.

Writing-off something is easy :-) I saw the episode of Tum Dena Saath Mera, yesterday. It has the feel of small town and was fun to watch.  😊 All the actors were top-notch.

Samanalyse thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
@An! Finally someone who agrees with me! πŸ€—

I had a good argument with several people here yesterday about this, which you will see if you go back a few pages. πŸ˜Š I think it is way too soon to judge the success or otherwise of the channel as the shows are not even a week old. It is impossible to tell what will work from the outset.

And I completely agree, although it may seem sudden to us, this revamp idea was not born overnight. It is a careful business strategy and the shows really do have a good variety and most of them seem to have good production value as well.

The way I see it is that what used to be experimental on SO 1, 2-3 years ago is now what is common in the mainstream. Romances with strong female leads are the flavour of the day on all the major GECs from Sony to Zee to SP. So SO can no longer be a niche channel when that former "niche" has become so prevalent in the mainstream now. Because of its poor reach it can't compete when its shows are roughly the same as what is on other, major channels

So in my view, Star is staying one step ahead of the game by launching a new experimental channel where the experiments and the niche it caters to is very much different from SO. I think that is why SO viewers are unhappy with it. But if you look at it from a wider perspective, there are tons of people who were dying to see more gritty, non-fairytale content on Indian TV.

Like I said yesterday, these shows remind me of shows in the south which have very little glamour and show very real stories. Who knows how many people don't watch Hindi TV shows just because there is nothing for them to watch? Just like SO found a youth audience for Hindi shows, LOK might find a more serious audience who like content driven shows and hadn't watched Hindi  fiction before. Plus, the content is pretty varied so it is truly experimental.
Meetu_Anu thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
@ Intelligent One

πŸ€—πŸ€—πŸ€—πŸ€—πŸ€—πŸ€—πŸ€—πŸ€—πŸ€—πŸ€—πŸ€—πŸ€—πŸ€—πŸ€—πŸ€—πŸ€—πŸ€—

Hmmm

U do have a point

The channel will not suddenly decide on rewap all of a sudden...

All i wanted to say was that the stories of their show are nothing different...neither there is a different approach to it..

When they started Remix, MJHT, SBVSB they did have some freshness and different approach...hai naπŸ€”
Meetu_Anu thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
@Sammy
That is true..

The shows which are coming are completely different from eachother...

but as of now not that gripping
sia221 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
@ Samana n An:

u both hav valid points... right.. it is very early to judge LOK channel..since it is not even a week old...

but my point is...if they wanted some intense drama.. cud'nt they show it on SO itself??? why was d need of scrapping that channel at all?

Its not that.. everyone watches all d serial on their fav channel all d time.. so while SO had youth audience.. they cud hav started these shows.. on some other time slots.. they wud hav still found the serious pack of audience.. then too.. right???
All it was needed was more publicity.. n increase their reach.. which anyways they r doing now...
Taiyo thumbnail
@ Alluring Ring: πŸ€—πŸ€—πŸ€—

What kind of different approach you looking for? Forget your grudge about Geet ending and then answer. 😊

Did you check the content of the shows and the conflict present in each
show?

Lily201 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
@An- You do have a point -but its not just the setting of the show nor the strata of society it portrays coz then I do have issues with other mainstream ,high finance-backed channels too which flaunt a bit too much glamour to show an urban society and skips on real grey matter of the story.

But despite that in my opinion - I want a show that touches me or better widens my perception by being an eye-opener -it may be devoid of eye locks ,romance,dupatta soaring(good one,DaakuπŸ˜†)-but though nothing in this world is perfect -still if it misses on the presentation -it may be overall cinematography,or plot related screenplay,I may just give it a miss.From what I'm seeing majority of viewers are doing just that.

Besides so many channels start with a promising note,to cater something with depth,but with increase of trps -they too dish out the same old melodramatic tracksπŸ₯± 

Plus I admit-it does stinge when LOK has been taken place of something so well accepted & loved by all and here I'm not just talking of GHSP.
Taiyo thumbnail
Samana: I agree 😊 and have read your posts 😊 Only voice that is not against the channel and predicting its demise. 😊

Youth shows do not mean only fairy-tales. I remember during DD days, we had a youth show which dealt with drug issue. And, the same show is relevant in today's time, also.

Edited by an12345678 - 12 years ago