# Devils Den# -A celebration by, of and for Devils - Page 92

Posted: 12 years ago
Gosh .. after seeing all these Life NOT OK ads and articles... I feel like I'll be mega depressed if I end up watching even one of those shows O_O ..

What have they turned Star One into!?!? All those happy, fun, masti-filled, young, fresh shows are gone -- in come all the depressing, dark, eerie, mythical shows that I really am not interested in :|

*sigh*

Z
I wrote my take on Episode 1 in the overdue analysis post.. pasting it here if anyone is interested in reading it 😳
WOW. THAT was their first episode? How could this not garner TRPs (according to producers) which then forced them to change the track later on to the office and Delhi one (NOT that I am against that AT.ALL. πŸ˜†) .. but it's sad that something so influential and important didn't gain enough attention unfortunately .. but nonetheless I will say if we ever had to show people what GHSP was all about when it came to the crux of the story .. it is shown in the first episode itself -- honour killing.
Gosh I went through a wide spectrum of emotions while watching it. This was my first time watching the entire episode. I did not know of Channi or the fact that the first scene in GHSP was of a poor, innocent girl being killed in the name of honour (as we later found out) 😭 .. gosh what a horrifying sight it was to see her run frantically in the fields and later come face to face with death.
Let me start off with the technicals. What can I say other than the fact that it was brilliance? The amount of detailing and careful attentiveness that went into crafting each and every scene is commendable and whoever is responsible -- πŸ‘. This is the work of professionals, DEDICATED professionals. People who know the in and out of a story and know how to execute it well enough to portray all elements within one scene. From the camerawork to screenplay -- everything was beyond perfection.
The dark fields and the way the sun was setting in the background when Channi was killed was brilliantly shot and equally gruesome to watch .. what people do in the name of their so-called "honour" is disgusting to say the least 😑 The part that got to me the most was Channi yelling Geet's name just before dying .. this just tells you that there will be a girl who will face a similar situation except this time she will not be so unlucky and have a saviour -- which will be both her strength and her soulmate-to-be 😳
Geet's family was shown as what you'd expect them to be. Her mom only worrying about her marriage while her aunt was frustrated as to why Geet went to college -- a girl cannot receive an education .. how do they expect her to learn and grow? 😑 UFF anyways, her father and uncles' character sketches were portrayed very nicely. You could see who had the most authority -- Daarji. And you could also tell a lot about Darji's character when he has a smile on his face upon meeting Brij -- the man who would kill even his own sister 🀒 .. brilliant characterization I must say! And Brij Oye's scary background music .. ufff the chills it sends down my spine I tell you! 😳 I have always been a pankha of GHSPs music and soundtrack so expect a lot of crooning and gushing when it comes to that! πŸ˜† But yea Brij's BG music is one of my favourite on the show <3 πŸ˜›
Geet's entry. 😳 Sweet, bubbly girl racing out of her college to go home (Pawandeep Kaur played Geet's friend haha πŸ˜†) .. right away we see her as someone who holds her family and rules in place but enjoys life when it gives her the chance (i.e. doing the bhangra with the others and playing around with Rajji) .. Rajji is a sweet young sister who is clearly scared of her elders just like Geet.
Tito was so sweet.. I loved the bro-sis bonding they had. Geet truly looked like a young college student 😳 .. and this is like the one and only time she had two braids πŸ˜† .. after that it was one braid and one braid only πŸ˜› ..
We saw the authoritative nature of Daarji and the status he has in society and also the fact that no one dares to say anything in his presence -- he is most influential and strict. His screen presence itself makes you cower ..
Coming to Dev's entry .. loved that it starts off with symbolism -- Geet's dupatta aka her honour, dignity, and respect. He is the one to take it away and is not able to return it to her in time -- because that is someone else's right 😳. Ok I just LOVE Dev's BG tune .. trust me it's so soothing and melodious -- a great contrast to his nature as we find out in the coming episodes 🀒 .. and I guess his BG tune adds to the preconceived notion that this man is the hero and means well and that he is the one that the girl will eventually fall in love with -- WRONGGG!! πŸ˜† I love how they kept that suspense and made us believe everything they were showing -- sort of like how Geet ended up believing everything she saw .. we were living Geet's life so we saw things from her perspective.
So poor Geet had to run home without her dupatta and didn't know the trouble that awaited her . UFF I just felt my heart tug at every lashing she got with that whip. Dhana dhan Daarji was hitting her and I was feeling the pain 😭 .. she tried to defend herself but who are we to speak in front of Daarji right?! And Brij's menacing glares to Tito and everyone else, gosh he really thought there is nothing and no one above the MAN 🀒 .. women are just meant to sit at home and do as they say! But how humiliating would it be to get lashing from your grandfather like that in front of everyone? Only Geet would know 😭 .. and then they mention that the ladke waale are here! What GREAT timing eh!? But this also symbolized how later on Dev would always try and defend Geet and listen to what she said (of course for his own ulterior motives) but it would never work out in her favour (as we know she still ends up getting in trouble later on) ..
All in all a BRILLIANT first episode. What I've always loved about GHSP is that in every episode something substantial happened. They didn't drag .. and when you look at the first episode you can see just how much they covered in those 23 mins. They showed us honour killing, Geet's entry, Dev's entry, introduction to her family and their characterizations as well as some of the main traits of Geet -- a girl who enjoyed life yet was responsible when it came to family and was very submissive when it came to her Daarji. This of course changes after a certain someone enters her life later on 😳 and I can't wait for that!
Amazing analyses everyone πŸ‘ .. loved reading the reactions some of you had as it was also your first time watching these episodes.
Thankyou Sammy for initiating this idea.. it feels nice to share the episode-watching experience from the beginning with people who hadn't watched -- just like me 😊
Z
Hailaaa .. Vikrant mentioned our given name "GurTi" to GurTi πŸ˜› LOL ..
Just heard the entire interview.. it was positive and I didn't really feel that if GurTi were offered to work in Season 2 or a new show together they would say no .. I mean Vikrant thankfully stressed it enough how much we want them back and I am glad he did that and told them how people over the globe are wanting this :P Vikrant really got the vibe of our madness (in a good way) lol poor guy was saying he's getting famous cuz of GurTi haha πŸ˜† 
Originally posted by Mk.Gh

Gosh .. after seeing all these Life NOT OK ads and articles... I feel like I'll be mega depressed if I end up watching even one of those shows O_O ..

What have they turned Star One into!?!? All those happy, fun, masti-filled, young, fresh shows are gone -- in come all the depressing, dark, eerie, mythical shows that I really am not interested in :|

*sigh*

@Z I was just wondering why  they were  so eager to change a youth channel into pathetic domestic shows,This was the only channel which i could connect to and this also lost it charm by changing into LIFE OK. All the shows are like ZEE ,pretty down market. Keeping the Starone intact they should have increased No.of shows and quality of shows too. Now it is like any other channel. It isn't a good sign because star tv  is introducing youth programes like navya,ritz ,two more in line and So going weird with pathetic shows with tittle add Virat jisa pati kisi ko na mile.
Mahadev,already imagine ,doordarshan is running so many epics and this shiv parvati story is already done in sahara called sati.So what is new.two sisters story. Two sisters are hot topic in tele since bidai. God save these shows.

Z
Edited by richa23 - 12 years ago
I know Richa! I'm not getting this at all .. why is Life OK going backwards :S .. I mean SP seemed to have learned its lesson (slowly, but surely) so its coming up with shows targetted to the youth with leads that are young as well.. while Life OK seems to be targetting all the wrong people and has a lineup of shows that are totally unappealing ..

Anyways I guess whatever the case may be if we get GurTi on Life OK it'll just improve Life OKs image by leaps and bounds!

Let's hope for the best!

Z
Edited by Mk.Gh - 12 years ago
@Z- I echo exactly the same sentiments-from bg tune ,to the story,to the dark aura of Channi's running away in the fields-everything was so magnificently captured & portrayed.

Like you said the diversity of each & every phase of the life Geet led-from the simplicity of her dreams,fun & frolick,to the stark contrast in the way she was supressed.

Honestly even grey characters like Brij ,Daarji had a certain magnetic quality even if their actions were repulsive.

About the 1st scene- D.O.P Hrishikesh Gandhi told that they had to shoot for 2days non stop at either dawn or dusk-in somewhere in Punjab-the real setting of show

You know the best part-they showed what happened as it is without melodrama,without too much bad overcoming good & without the very much prevalent preachy-ness in "social dramas" in soaps.

They widened our perspective with the enigmatic plots & some simple 'n' some complex characters.

OMG-Pawandeep Kaur was the friend who asked Geet for tikki which she refused coz she'd to rush😲
I missed thatπŸ˜†
Lily: Thankyou =)

Really? They shot for 2 days ! WOW! I really admire the dedication of the entire original team .. really hats off to them .. when I heard the long hours they shot for Kurbaan Hua I was equally shocked! They shot for so long yet the end result was always gold <3

And even I agree about the straight-to-the-point approach .. they didn't take ages to show us that when they've set their minds on honour killing they get right to it without wasting a minute.. they didn't waste the entire episode.. they showed us the entire story in the first 5-6 mins itself!

Btw I just watched the entire BR track again .. why did I do that?! 😭

Z
@Z...

That is the best thing that happened to us fans..

Now That Gul and Even GurTi exactly know what we though...

Though it was a con call **I GUESS** it is good to hear those 2 together speak after the show ended and still loving their jodie fans
Z! I replied to your analysis on the other thread!

Have a looksie dahling! πŸ˜†

Hey Anu, Aarushi!

i am off to do some real work for a while. πŸ₯±

Will see you all in half an hour or so! πŸ˜ƒ

@Z- Yup, these simple things that make our viewing experience so much better & exuberant in GHSP's case-took quite a lot of effort though its only now from various people involved in team's interview we grasp the exact extent of their efforts

In rangmunch int Hrishikesh told how he was blown by DD's dedication in that "Golden Temple" scene where temperature was 48 degree celsius & the white marble was burning hot & yet she performed the entire praying scene bare foot without a complaint😲

You get even more impressed coz of the impact that scene had with Geet searching for Babaji's help in deciding the next step for her baby-a few mins away in peace from her nasty brother Brij & evil NT's horrofic revelation-plus Maan's words with bitter truth